• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The end is nigh - impending doom - Moss out etc thread

the end is nigh and Moss is to blame

• yes

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • no

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • fence

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters

soccer mad

Only saw highlights of our game today vast improvement from the boys , I've said it before our team is competitive they can play they must believe it themselves. They showed the spirit we've come to expect and they certainly deserved something from the game .Maybe mid week meeting with the new head poncho made every body accountable. Won

VicMariner

One minute we are talking about Moss not having full control over signings and the match day squad, next minute they play (probably) their best game of the season.
Has Moss been unleashed? Does he have a free hand now?
Too early to judge but if this is the start of the real Moss football I think it would be fair for him to see the season out and see how he goes.
Next game is crucial for several reasons.

Reactions: adz

sydmariner

One minute we are talking about Moss not having full control over signings and the match day squad, next minute they play (probably) their best game of the season.
Has Moss been unleashed? Does he have a free hand now?
Too early to judge but if this is the start of the real Moss football I think it would be fair for him to see the season out and see how he goes.
Next game is crucial for several reasons.
yes it is but imo we'll get less people traveling up there (i'll be there though) than we did yesterday:(

Atomic

i will be traviling like i did to the uae game
Until you apologise for the blatant lie you told…
If you think that was bad I was at the game in the active bay & these scum c**ts kept saying out f**k off you gypo scum every time Ryan, Jedi & tesco touched the ball & when he scored:mad::soapbox::naughty:
I will continue to call you out. You weren't even at the f**king game!!! The horrible lies you made up about our beloved boys are inexcusable.

Atomic

atomic....massive call!!
Explain more or apologise....he is different but clearly loves his football.
You won't get an apology out of me. He was clearly out of line with his comments during the Asian cup semi. I was there, standing where he claimed he was standing. He claimed some disgusting comments were made about our boys, which clearly weren't true. Upon question him, he failed to answer any question which would've proved he was actually there.

I do agree with you though… he is different.

(West Ham have just scored a nice goal against Spurs as I type this :))

Big Al

The tactics are terrible. You might have decent formation but it's not being done with any effort.

Defence - they don't cut off the attacker on the corner of the box. They don't commit a second defender to help out roux who backs off way to far. We have seen to many shots going from the attacker on one corner cutting back into the box instead of being shown the line then thumping it into the corner with no one dropping in to help roux defend.
We getting beaten by through balls through the middle from the wing splitting our two CBs. Quite often Bosnar is 5 to 10 metres behind jogging back as he is gassed. Poscolario is caught trying to cover both spots. He is way to inexperienced to be doing that.
The coach needs to set better defensive plans and stop changing the players. You would be lucky to count on one hand the amount of times we have played the same back four and injury is not the reason.

Possession over opertunity. When we get into the attacking third we pass the ball backwards and then it goes all the way back. Instead of an attempted through ball or early cross near the box. The problem is more than 75% of the time ( my own estimate) we turn the ball over never getting back to where we were had we chanced our arm.

No movement. The team is so static that moving the ball forward is impossible because there is no one open or moving to an open space to get a through ball.

Holes in the middle attacking third. Quite often there is no option to cut the ball, back from the wings to an attacking mid in the centre of the box who might either unleash a shot or slide a through ball into the strikers.

The defensive press is aweful. It's one person who tries to move forward while the rest sit back with no intent. This happens even when we loosing and need to chase the game.

There are prob more but these are fundamental mistakes that keep reoccurring and should be fixed by the coach and none of them appear to be changing.

While effort is player drivin it also comes from what the coach demands and nothing is changing there either.

None of us are unhappy at loosing if there is effort and we play well. Some times the opposition is better than you. However we are getting carved up by teams who are not that much better than us.

I like mossy but his coaching has been found wanting this year IMO

Fabio has given us back some speed and could be used similar to Ibini was last year on the counter. The key is having more than just one player. A left winger is desperately needed.

mariner72

arrange a vote. Boring negative tactics with a lucky win every 7 or 8 games or give it a dam good go, attack and lose 4-2 every other week and bring on the best kids in the country. I know where my vote lies !

soccer mad

H
arrange a vote. Boring negative tactics with a lucky win every 7 or 8 games or give it a dam good go, attack and lose 4-2 every other week and bring on the best kids in the country. I know where my vote lies !
Hear hear positive football will win me over all the time.
Makes the opposition know we gave them a game big psychological advantage

true believer

the question is over the tactics being wamsley or moss's .
there's the rub

images

Last edited:

Big Al

Attractive attacking football might cut down the mistakes at the back because they won't have the ball for half the game and can therefore cut down their mistakes. Then we might win a few 4-2

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
so...Hutcho aint getting to the games played record first now, Danny Vukovic is gonna beat him to it....whether its Mossys fault, although he said some bollocks in four Four two, or not I dunno, but whoever thought that was a good idea is a f**ktard with no regard for service to the club....I'm over it, maybe all the members that can make it should go to training and demand Mossys sacking...or maybe I just typing whilst highly annoyed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred