• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Road to Brazil

Forum Phoenix

Let's hope that's an end to him. Writing was on the wall a year ago. Vidmar must go too.

Holger's done a lot more damage in not playing our deserving and developing fringe youth for the past two years in games of no consequence where he easily could have. But it obviously takes an international embarrassment to get some change, and Brazil or not, that was embarrassing. Lucky it wasn't 10 zip.

Still could be worse, 10 months out and we get rid of Holger... we may have a chance.

Lowlander

that would be nice if it were true, I fear it may be wishful thinking though. He is not known for going back to a club or country that he has helped/worked with in the past.

I hope I am pleasantly surprised as right now the entire national team setup is pathetic

sydmariner

In that video he said in November we have 2 games @ home any info/ideas on who & where we should play them:tinfoilhat:

Big Al

I would love it. Please. #osieckout #vivahiddink

I've read a more accurate article elsewhere

More on the lines of Hiddink has already received offers for the WC & will wait to evaluate.

He wants to wait until the draw to see who is in each draw before making a decision.

Lets say we drew Brazil, Spain & Nigera (I know ranking wise it won't be possible but just for example sake).
He would say no way can I work any magic with Australia against that lot & would look at another group.
But it was say England, Columbia & Mexico he might say I'd have a good chance of 2nd round the aussies are back to the top of the list.

I think it was quoting his agent so pretty good source but basically he is waiting for a clearer picture before making a decision. That said I don't think any of the top teams are looking for a coach at this stage either. A couple of Europeans may sneak through & make a change before the world cup as well which he might be interested in.

I don't doubt Australia have tried to make some contact hence the press & the good will with Hiddink but I still think its a long shot

eenfish

I don't blame him for wanting to do that, but I think it is a bit of a dog move. I don't want Ossieck, but I don't want Australia to be someone's second choice or best option to advance his career.

pjennings

I fully expect Holger to be shown the door.
To turbo-charge further growth of the game in Australia the NT needs to not be humiliated in Brazil and needs to be a major player and ideally win the Asian Cup in 2015. This is not something that will happen under the current regime. The FFA board have to act.
Ange will not get the gig. He has a great attacking system – which is also his defence. Against better sides, where their attack is superior we will get flogged – worse than we were in Brazil. Ange is a great club manager – he should stay there and look for opportunities at clubs overseas.
Poppa is too inexperienced.
Bielsa, if part of the gig is a rehabilitation of the our performance at the 2014 World Cup, has too many communication problems for such a short-term gig.
The way I see it Hiddink will be the new manager (given a decent draw) . He will bring in 1 assistant and use Arnie as his second assistant (parttime – primarily as his sounding board of young Australian talent while GA retains his current job). The role will continue until after the Asian Cup.
At that time Arnie will get the gig to re-vitalise the whole squad - towards 2018 and 2022, probably with Poppa as an assistant.

Forum Phoenix

Boy do I hope you're right PJ. You can only do your best, and that plan, even if it failed, you could wholeheartedly support, knowing that at the very least they made the best decisions they could with their information/experiences. Guus is clearly the best choice for NT coach. GA, clearly the best domestic one to support him.

In other news, Rogic has gone back to Celtic with a groin strain. Holman, much less disappointingly, is injured also.

Lowlander

Just heard a news report that holger has been axed. Vidmar will be the interim coach for the Canada match which does not fill me with excitement either but at least the FFA moved swiftly after this mornings drubbing.

eenfish

Good news that Holger is gone. Hiddink would be a decent choice, only if he stays on for the Asia Cup though.

Fox News is mentioning Popa in the same breath as Ange and Arnie, which would be a poor piece of business I think. Arnie and Ange have long history at top flight in Australia and history with the national team, Popa has one season as a head coach under his belt.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred