• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Road to Brazil

Blair

Is terror astralis (sorry bout that bad spelling) run but the leader of the squadron (Face Palm)

Big Al

How good is watching our guys play our most important matches on dog tracks. Just scars the shit out of the opposition who must think are we in he right place (especially when you see the dick in the crowd with NSW written on his forehead in texta - Wrong game moron)

How awesome is it to see those yellow wallabies jerseys as well - FFA should design a long sleeve shirt for these soles so they can wear it to all aussie games - especially now no one goes to the Rugby.

Holger you sly dog - Hope Timmy took his dagger out of your back when he jumped aboard.

Seriously - You need a goal to go to world cup & you take off Timmy WTF - You either balls of steel or no balls at all to loose. Wow unbelievable - Think he thought shit I'm going to loose my job anyway so I'll piss off Australia for revenge & take off Timmy - Might have to rename the F3 the Kennedy expressway

ballantyne

I was very proud to see Tommy Rogic out there last night. There's no reason he couldn't be a starter at the Finals, as this team desperately needs some penetration through the middle. Imagine that, our Tommy on the greatest stage in team sport!! Let's hope he can stay fit and get on regularly for the Bhoys.

Lowlander

I think the Timmy for Kennedy substitution was brilliant. I like Timmy as a player but he was getting increasingly frustrated as the clock started to run down, flapping his arms at his team mates and carrying on. With 10 minutes to go you need a level head not a whole lot of flapping.

Big Al

I think the Timmy for Kennedy substitution was brilliant. I like Timmy as a player but he was getting increasingly frustrated as the clock started to run down, flapping his arms at his team mates and carrying on. With 10 minutes to go you need a level head not a whole lot of flapping.

Timmy is absolute legend but I do think he is not a striker - He is one dimensional up front - Header or nothing (but they still can't stop him).

The sub was a masterstroke just like Archie Last week - Still can't believe he did it though - I cursed him & even said to myself hope Kennedy scores (image playing at home in such an important game & hearing boo's as you come on because the coach puts you on for the national hero - Then you become one - Wow)

Lowlander

agreed, he is certainly not an out and out striker but boy can he climb high to get his head to a ball, personally I would love to see him take Mori's crown as most prolific Socceroo goal scorer. (no disrespect to Mori.....a one time CCM player)

As for Kennedy, what a way to get back into the national team, hope he gets as much publicity from this as what Aloisi did when he struck that penalty against Uruguay but somehow I don't think it will get rated as highly.

Wiltshire looked lost to me last night, has done so in the past few outings and I wonder if there isn't a better option for his spot.

FFC Mariner

What a night that was.

As mentioned above, got absolutely drenched, watched 81 minutes of the sort of dire shit football that may actually be worse than Pimball. Then all hell let loose and amazing scenes were had. Plenty of Mariners fans there as usual.

Crowd chanting for Tommy to come on was great, he changed the game with his ability to run at people. He is obviously fitter as he actually....wait for it..........tracked back a few times. No really, he did.

When the goal went in, it was simply f**king mental behind the goal. not GF mental but at least 90%. We had a whole load of WSW behind us and during the celebrations I said to one who had been wanking on all game about how the RBB were better etc "Wow, just like the Grand Final. Oh, sorry" lol.

New home end was 100% better than usual. Sad to see that piece of scum shit trying to muscle in, but apart from that, they made a real effort and it was closer to a club type home end support. Few logistical things to be ironed out with megas and positioning in those big bays but if you remember season one and the early games, these things take time. Security making the bays behind the goal GA really worked as people could stand where they wanted and be with mates etc.

This caused a few teething issues with people who didnt know and as per normal, there were the theatregoers who "wanted to sit behind the goal" but there were very few and they went v fast when they realised. Some idiot was screaming for people to stop waving flags but shut up when a loud voice near him shouted "what was it about active support/restricted view that you didnt get f**khead?" Everyone laughed, he shut up. Standard person you see at Socceroos games, no colours, wallaby scarf, evidently never been to a game before or for years etc

2 of the WSW behind us twice (yes twice) calmly lit up joints as they stood and watched and smoked them where they stood and seemed not to give a shit about what they were doing. Interesting lot the RBB.

Funniest thing all night was getting in. We were Gate H. It says so on the ticket. As we queued, a security guard was loudly shouting. "Gate H tickets only" over and over. The number of people who stood through this, got to the ticket check and were told. "you dont have Gate H, you need to go to your gate" was incredible. They then looked all surprised that enter through Gate H meant exactly that

dibo

Need a bit more clarity on songs, need more people to know what's being sung. I was about 5 rows from the back and honestly 90% of the time we couldn't make out the songs so we couldn't join in. When it all did come together it was pretty impressive.

Ripping off the blue samurai fans with "green and gold" actually works pretty well, and the very first strong "ole, ole ole ole" on about 20 minutes was deafening.

yellowcake

Funniest thing all night was getting in. We were Gate H. It says so on the ticket. As we queued, a security guard was loudly shouting. "Gate H tickets only" over and over. The number of people who stood through this, got to the ticket check and were told. "you dont have Gate H, you need to go to your gate" was incredible. They then looked all surprised that enter through Gate H meant exactly that
Can't blame people for trying. given the Gate F debacle.

I know, only myself to blame...
It was well publicised to get there and in early, but the absolute earliest I could swing off was to get the 5:09 from Gosford (6:21 Strathfield, so you'd think...) Directed there to go to Lidcombe as the OP platform was full. Found on arrival at the Gate F line about 7:15 that it went across the concourse, over the roadway and down the boulevard - about 300m. And not moving (much - 20m in the first 10min), in fact people were going up the spiral in 3s and 4s every 30 secs or so. Should have been crowds streaming up. Don't know if there was overzealous bag security slowing things up or a turnstile problem (and then push-ins closer to the gate :fireup:).

To FFCs point, we called stadium management, only to have it confirmed that the tickets would not work at other gates (which by now were all clear - match started). Surely another gate could have been reconfigured - something that they must do for each new event...

Anyway suddenly something got "fixed" and the line started churning though (with mass crowds running up the spiral). Took our seats at 29:30 on the match clock :mad:

Think we still caught the best bit :overheadl:

sydmariner

Timmy is absolute legend but I do think he is not a striker - He is one dimensional up front - Header or nothing (but they still can't stop him).

The sub was a masterstroke just like Archie Last week - Still can't believe he did it though - I cursed him & even said to myself hope Kennedy scores (image playing at home in such an important game & hearing boo's as you come on because the coach puts you on for the national hero - Then you become one - Wow)
i thought kewell was the national hero

SFL

Agree, the Green and Gold chant was brilliant.

Would work well for yellow and blue just quietly

You can thank me for that.

Saitama Stadium, the Japanese didn't stop singing "Ooooh Nippon, Ni-pon, Ni-pon, Nippon" and were so loud that our little crew just had to join and flog their chant. Good to see it continuing!!!

priorpeter

Is terror astralis (sorry bout that bad spelling) run but the leader of the squadron (Face Palm)

Wouldn't say it's "run by" him but from what I've heard (I was in prawn sarnie seats, sipping champagne etc so didn't actually see him - thankfully), yes, that blowhard flog was one of the capos on the night.

FFC Mariner

To be fair to the scum piece of shit, no one in the TA area was doing the club loyalty thing and apart from the expected abuse we hurled at him as he walked past us (as you are obliged to) everyone was pretty good.

We had RBB behind us and Cove on one side and there was no silliness. Good to see.

sydmariner

To be fair to the scum piece of shit, no one in the TA area was doing the club loyalty thing and apart from the expected abuse we hurled at him as he walked past us (as you are obliged to) everyone was pretty good.

We had RBB behind us and Cove on one side and there was no silliness. Good to see.
f**k the rbb @ the oman game they were setting off flairs in the australian supporter's bay

scoober

CCMA playing the Soceroos train on squad at Bluetongue tonight. Guessing its behind closed doors?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred