• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R2: Mariners V Nix

bikinigirl

. i, like many, prefer to see dukey up front rather than out wide ... but i also acknowledge that is not the way mossy wants to play - he does however seem willing to mix things up a bit

. mane, to me, holds the ball up well ... probably better than anybody we have had. he also seems quick from a standing start which we aren't really accustomed to either

. matty simon can can be good at holding a man off, but not so accomplished with holding onto the ball and although he can be quick he takes about 20 metres to get up to speed

. dukey is not really a hold-up guy, tries the tricks and flicks ... but really just wants to have a go

. i think it is for these reasons we are more likely to see mane up front and dukey out wide in mossy's preferred formation

tsd

Let's get back on track shall we, it appears you can't teach an old wombat new tricks anyway, let's :cheers: And then fire up ITS GAME DAY!

Get the win, go top of the table then :tv: At all the experts who have us coming in 8th (basically every non mariners fan)

tsd

Would love to have 3 wins and 3 clean sheets in a week, that would be an achievement to be very proud of

eenfish

That was pretty frikking awful. Not a fan of that new bloke at the back. Ando would've been a better choice to start.

Leigh

We played for 30 minutes, turned off for 40 minutes then played again for 20 minutes.
My match ratings for the team:
Josh Rose - 3;
Poor touches constantly, and gave ball away fair too easily. Just didn't seem himself tonight.
Eddy Bosnar - 5;
Decent, but he slows the play down too much when we have momentum.
Storm Roux - 4;
Bad, bad, bad performance. Even when we we're controlling the game early, he was the one giving the ball up. Was just out played on the wing.
Jacob Poscoliero - 4;
He's young and it's his first start. That's about the only thing I can give him.
Kim Seung-Young - 5;
Was completely ineffective. Gave ball away very easily.
Nick Montgomery - 5;
Was decent in defence, poor in transition to attack. Did put his body on the line multiple times.
John Hutchinson - 6;
Again, very decent in defence, can't pick a forward pass. Slows game down too much.
Matty Sim - 8;
Worked hard, had a lot of good opportunities. Just couldn't score us 4 goals again. Was all over the field, from wing to wing and was always in the middle when others should be as well.
Mitch Duke - 8;
Can't fault his work ethic, should have started in front of Mane at front. Mane should come on off the bench.
Malick Mane - 3;
Keeps going for glory when there are far better options. He did well holding the ball up in the first 30 minutes. How ever his short passes were far far far too short for the rest of the game. Doesn't put in any where near as much work as Duke.
Nick Fitzgerald - 6;
Was part of the three subs who changed the game for the last 20 minutes. Did well, almost scored. Should have come on earlier for Mane.
Glen Triffiro - 8;
Picked excellent passes, put his body on the line multiple times and made almost all his passes, which were mostly forward.
Anthony Caceres - 0;
Poor, came on, gave away three balls with first three touches. Never found his feet in the game, never picked a decent forward pass. Just poor.
Liam Reddy - 5;
Wasn't good or bad, wasn't at fault for goals, but didn't make any amazing saves. Did make an awesome shoulder charge on a Nix player at the end.

Only 4 players who should be guaranteed of their starting place next week should be Duke, Sim, Triffiro and Reddy.

tsd

Take the football from 70min to 90min, bottle it. That was exciting to watch!

nebakke

Yeah... I fear that I'm starting to come across as the guy with the rose-coloured glasses, but I didn't actually think it was as dire as that. For most of the first half and the last twenty, I thought we did OK. I thought Phoenix got a bit of luck on the rebound off the penalty and I think Ben Williams is taking a leaf out of Jared Gillett's book in his search for the ref-of-the-year award.
Kim looked a lot better than last week... All things considered Sim looked surprisingly decent as well... I think Mane caught a bit of a bad rep, at least twice, he got into a good crossing position, with Dukey and Kim just looking on from outside the field, out of position for anything.
There's still work to do, but we don't exactly tend to start well, so I'm not yet disheartened. For mine, we don't look quite as wooden spoon-ish as we're accused of. Not to mention, had we played the way Phoenix did for much of the game, we would've copped the claims of bus parking and boring play... Somehow, when it's not us, it's just what you'd expect. (I know, we're at home etc... I'm not advocating playing like that, just saying)

11 shots on goal, against their 10 is what it is, but they had 17 clearances against our 4 for example...We should have scored at least one more methinks... :(

Last edited:

tsd

Yeah... I fear that I'm starting to come across as the guy with the rose-coloured glasses, but I didn't actually think it was as dire as that. For most of the first half and the last twenty, I thought we did OK. I thought Phoenix got a bit of luck on the rebound off the penalty and I think Ben Williams is taking a leaf out of Jared Gillett's book in his search for the ref-of-the-year award.
Kim looked a lot better than last week... All things considered Sim looked surprisingly decent as well... I think Mane caught a bit of a bad rep, at least twice, he got into a good crossing position, with Dukey and Kim just looking on from outside the field, out of position for anything.
There's still work to do, but we don't exactly tend to start well, so I'm not yet disheartened. For mine, we don't look quite as wooden spoon-ish as we're accused of. Not to mention, had we played the way Phoenix did for much of the game, we would've copped the claims of bus parking and boring play... Somehow, when it's not us, it's just what you'd expect. (I know, we're at home etc... I'm not advocating playing like that, just saying)

11 shots on goal, against their 10 is what it is, but they had 17 clearances against our 4 for example...We should have scored at least one more methinks... :(
I'm glad I not the only one! Some good, some great, a few moments of poor but overall decent football played. I might avoid this forum for a few days though, I fear some serious negativity is incoming...

Capt. Awesome

We played much better than last week. Yes disappointing to lose but definitely showing signs of improvement.
Even though we lost I walked away not feeling too bad about our performance.

Capt. Awesome

I don't think he is going to make the grade. Some quality but overall he is not worth the spot.

Yes I think Caceres and Tricky are equal or better than him but on much cheaper pay.

I think Moss feels trapped into having to play Kim because he is on big money and it would be waste not to use him.
But I there is a time coming soon where Moss will hit the tipping point and bench him.

Moss did say in the post match interview that changes to the team will be made.

Wombat

Mossy needs to wake up and quickly. His subs made me wonder if he knows what he is doing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred