• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R2: Mariners V Nix

tsd

hutch and tricky probably on the bench since its early in the season and they started mid week

sim has to be rewarded for his off the bench performance, only 20 odd minutes played anyway

this my predicted team with mostly fresh legs, expecting to see anderson cramping at the end of the game and Poscoliero get his first minutes

----------------- Reddy ---------------
Roux --- Anderson --- Bosnar ---Rose
---------- Monty ---- Caceres ----------
Duke ------------ Kim ------------ Sim
------------------ Mane ----------------

Hutch on for Kim around 65 min (Caceres to 10)
Tricky on for Caceres around 75 min
Poscoliero on for ando around 85 min

unless we are chasing a goal then fitzy on for sim 80 min and ando to limp his way around for a while

Capt. Awesome

hutch and tricky probably on the bench since its early in the season and they started mid week

sim has to be rewarded for his off the bench performance, only 20 odd minutes played anyway

this my predicted team with mostly fresh legs, expecting to see anderson cramping at the end of the game and Poscoliero get his first minutes

unless we are chasing a goal then fitzy on for sim 80 min and ando to limp his way around for a while

Lets just hope Kim watched the Palm Beach Sharks game to learn how to a No. 10 off Tricky :vhappy:

Wombat

Duke is not a winger.
Mane is not a #9.
Kim is better on the flank.
Sim did well against muppets but Fitz offers more as a winger (just).

eenfish

Lets not start Kim as a AM. I'd prefer Trif or Anthony there. Kim on the wing, Sim on the bench as our super sub. Mane on the other side, Duke up front.

tsd

Duke is not a winger.
Mane is not a #9.
Kim is better on the flank.
Sim did well against muppets but Fitz offers more as a winger (just).
mosses squad, not mine, just predicting what we will see.

for the record, i do agree with you to an extent in theory, but for arguments sake…

Duke scored for the socceroos from the wing
Mane has only started as a 9 for us
Kim has only started as a 10 for us
Sim scored 4 goals in 20 mins, i wouldn't bench a guy who does that, plus fitz played more mins

Last edited:

dibo

We aren't playing with a strict 7, 9 or 11. We're pretty free-flowing up there, with players far less nailed into their roles than has previously been the case. Our players are less typecast than Wombat's making out. That's to their benefit, really, and ours too. It means we are able to roll with a really flexible front 3 and we've got several options at 10 that can even interchange through the other spots. It makes us harder to mark out of the game, it also makes us faster to transition into defence (because there aren't two players who *only* sit out in front of the two banks of four).

The result is we have more creative potential than we've had but we're able to defend more effectively too. We just need to see it net some goals.

The big result out of Tuesday wasn't that Sim scored four; it was that chances were being created so Sim could get the scraps. If we get some confidence about the front 4, we could start creating from a range of patterns of play and become very difficult to defend against, but equally difficult to disrupt through quick transition.

kevrenor

Saturday, 18 October 2014
Central Coast Mariners FC v Wellington Phoenix FC
Central Coast Stadium, Gosford
Kick-Off: 5:00 PM (Local) (5:00 PM AEDT)

Referee: Ben Williams
Assistant Referee 1: Allyson Flynn
Assistant Referee 2: Owen Goldrick
Fourth Official: Luke Withell

TV Broadcast: Live and exclusive coverage on FOX SPORTS 1HD & 1 from 4.30pm (AEDT) and Sky Sport 2 (New Zealand)
Radio Broadcast: 92.5 ABC central Coast, ABC Grandstand Online/Mobile phone app. Coast FM 96.3