• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

R2: Mariners V Nix

Yoda

Assuming they are employees of Brightfield Integrated Facilities Management.

Capt. Awesome

After getting thumped buy Sydney Olympic I think moss spent too much time on defence and nothing on attack. Hopefully he fixes that for the Nix game.

localpom

2-1 to us. Will be a tough selection for Mossy this week. I think given his performance last night Trif will be in along with Caceres. Cernak will be a good chance on the right. Hutch to the bench, has been good last 2 games but not sure he'll play 3 full games in 8 days.Sim will be hard to leave out too. When Matty and Vernes are match fit, Griffiths back, and with young guns knocking on the door (Kalick,Rose,Morton, Neill, Poss, Slater,) this is maybe our most competitive squad ever. I was thinking Kim would be given another chance but after last night think Sim will come in.

Reddy
Storm Ando Boz Rosey
Caceres Monty
Mane Trif Sim
Dukey

Subs - Nash, Hutch, Cernak, Fitzy, Kim.

Leigh

Reddy
Storm Ando Boz Rosey
Caceres Monty
Mane Trif Sim
Dukey

I would agree with this, although I think there is no way that Mossy would play Mane on the wing as opposed to Duke. Even though it's not Duke's favourite position, he has plenty of experience there.

I wish we could play 3 at the back, we have such talented attackers.

Storm Boz Rose
Carceres Monty
Kim Trif Sim
Duke Mane

Imagine how exciting that attacking formation and lineup would be, we could always switch to 4-5 at the back in defense.

Bench: Hutch, Anderson, Fitzy, Generic Youth fill-in #1, Generic Backup GK #1

Leigh

2-1 to us. Will be a tough selection for Mossy this week. I think given his performance last night Trif will be in along with Caceres. Cernak will be a good chance on the right. Hutch to the bench, has been good last 2 games but not sure he'll play 3 full games in 8 days.Sim will be hard to leave out too. When Matty and Vernes are match fit, Griffiths back, and with young guns knocking on the door (Kalick,Rose,Morton, Neill, Poss, Slater,) this is maybe our most competitive squad ever. I was thinking Kim would be given another chance but after last night think Sim will come in.

Reddy
Storm Ando Boz Rosey
Caceres Monty
Mane Trif Sim
Dukey

Subs - Nash, Hutch, Cernak, Fitzy, Kim.

I think Kim is our best set piece and corner taker by a long shot. He is also creative. He may not have had the best game on the weekend, but I don't think he gave up the ball very often and he didn't exactly make poor passes. He just didn't make enough through passes for a CAM position.

Trif seems a better CAM (against NPL teams), Kim needs to be on the field for set pieces.

Capt. Awesome

I think Kim is our best set piece and corner taker by a long shot. He is also creative. He may not have had the best game on the weekend, but I don't think he gave up the ball very often and he didn't exactly make poor passes. He just didn't make enough through passes for a CAM position.

Trif seems a better CAM (against NPL teams), Kim needs to be on the field for set pieces.

Tricky was the creator of Duke goal off a set piece though.

dibo

I don't think a back 3 helps us. Realistically we need 3 strong and mobile CBs to play a 'true' back 3.

The closest we come to a back 3 is the setup we used a few times last year where Monty dropped between the CBs and created a shape that switched between back 5 in defence (as FBs dropped square) and back 3 in attack (as FBs press on).

We don't have the defensive strength to be able to do away with the FBs dropping deeper, so a back 3 is more about adding a CB than adding attackers.

localpom

Totally agree with Kim been by far our best at set pieces, and arguably the best in the A league. I would love him to stay in the side for these reasons but needs to be far more involved in the game and also needs to harden up a bit. I do rate him though and hope he develops a mental toughness and determination to go with his undoubted skills.

midfielder

Reddy
Storm Boz Anderson Rose
Carceres Monty
Kim Trif Mane
Duke

Bench .. Hutch, Sim, Jacob P, Fitzt, Nash

Kim IMO is far better suited to a wide mid role he is also IMO the best on the ball we have ... his issue if that is the right word is he is not strong on the ball and gets hacked a bit ... whereas Trif is very strong on the ball.

Vernes is interesting last nights form asks more questions than it answers ... what I saw in pre-season as a 10 was totally different to his form last night.

justafan

Reddy
Storm Boz Anderson Rose
Carceres Monty
Kim Trif Mane
Duke

Bench .. Hutch, Sim, Jacob P, Fitzt, Nash

Kim IMO is far better suited to a wide mid role he is also IMO the best on the ball we have ... his issue if that is the right word is he is not strong on the ball and gets hacked a bit ... whereas Trif is very strong on the ball.

Vernes is interesting last nights form asks more questions than it answers ... what I saw in pre-season as a 10 was totally different to his form last night.

Tbh, I haven't seen anything above average from the Hungarian. As a 10 he'll be at the back of the cue. Imo, Caceres or Trifiro are the best options for AMs. Kim's too lazy. I disagree with him being the best on the ball. Cass is the player that looks the most comfortable in possession. Fox sport commentator did mention it yesterday during the game that young Cass is the most creative player that mariners have. He's wasted by playing so deep. Could get so much more out of him in an attacking role.
I would swap Fitzy for Kim in your line up..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred