• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New jersey! HAL11

rbakersmith

Ummm...
ccm-kit-launch_sgtzuz5bkd931eycit9a2e9o8.jpg

dibo

Last year's kit was *so* good. And then... this!

Get in the f**king sea, that's awful.

rbakersmith

Whoever was behind this abomination needs to lose their jobs or memberships:
Central Coast Mariners CEO Shaun Mielekamp reinforced the importance of this season’s kit and provided an insight to the decision making process.

“This design has been a collaborative process between our members, expertise from our kit supplier Kappa and inspiration from our club goals and direction, which encapsulates the momentum we are building here for the season ahead,” Mielekamp said.

“This innovative playing strip proudly represents our community and home ground with the bold iconic representation of our palm trees. Palm trees that symbolise our commitment to the Central Coast and its community, the palm trees are not leaving the stadium and neither are we.

“The palm tree design is also a call nationally to all sports fans to pencil in a visit to Central Coast Stadium where there are water views from every seat and a match day experience you will never forget.

“The full yellow from top to toe on the home kit reflects our strong commitment to our charity partners like Camp Quality and the Cancer Council. Whilst for away matches our full navy kit is representative of the waves in our logo that signify the momentum and movement of the Mariners brand nationally and internationally,” he said.

localpom

mmm...well at least we will stand out. You have to have blue shorts with the yellow one though surely......

kevrenor

The shirt of itself would be fine probably, without the dodgy palm tree ... not even the right species by the look of it!

localpom

It's not that bad....will grow on us like the palms. Think it will look ok with a pair of jeans or shorts. Will reserve judgement till i've tried on on. Just don't like the all yellow.

greenlig

Ah. More accurate reflection of the artist's state of mind while creating this kit.
f02808e7c2.jpg

Last edited:

Capt. Awesome

IT'S GENIUS!!!

My understanding it was commissioned by Walmsley himself to distract the other teams. The will stand they dumbfounded by its sheer ugliness and we will dribble past and score goal after goals.

Well done Mariners.

Atomic

I like it. I guess some people need to see a European team wearing something similar before they are prepared to accept it on our kit.

Mariners... clap, clap, clap... Mariners... clap, clap, clap... Oops, I forgot, that's not how they chant in Europe...

I agree with dibo though, I prefer last year's kit... but I dont hate this one.

dibo

I've had something to eat, and simmered down a little.

All they needed to do to demonstrate their commitment to the coast is play their games in Gosford. They don't need to put a comical palm tree on the front.

There can be a range of motivations for making a shirt 'different'. It can be to ensure it looks sufficiently different from the last to motivate people to buy it. It can be to get noticed. It can be to refer to something (perhaps something historical or related to the club in some way).

I think the little palm tree motif last year was super. A real touch of class. This is like comparing calligraphy to crayons. It's just pretty ordinary.

Compare it to the AFCCL/FFA Cup kit as well - the sash kit is gorgeous and I'd have gladly had that as the HAL kit.

What pisses me off is that this is such a bodgy effort when we've had other kits that look so good!

greenlig

I can almost accept the yellow home strip, but I can't believe that they've added an emboss on the darker strips rather than invert the colours. They could have had a stylised palm tree that still evokes the image of the ground, but doesn't look like clip art thrown together in Photoshop by an intern. Genuinely shocked at the standard of graphic design, the darker strips look like an early naughties website background.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred