• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New jersey! HAL11

Capt. Awesome

#palmgate has made it to the SMH

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...-new-home-and-away-strip-20150804-gir48p.html

1438665070658.jpg

The Central Coast Mariners' new strip for the 2015/16 season.

Would you go out and buy this football strip?

Central Coast's new home and away kit has raised a few eyebrows and been slammed by scores of Mariners fans on social media who are flabbergasted such a design would be given the tick of approval.

An iconic palm tree is "emblazoned proudly on the front of the shirt" which according the club is a sign of its commitment to the Central Coast. The Mariners' home ground, Central Coast Stadium, has palm trees at its southern end and there has been speculation over recent seasons that the club was interested in moving home games to North Sydney Oval and Brookvale Oval in Sydney's north.

But perplexed fans aren't completely sold on the jersey as they made fun of it on social media, saying they look ridiculous and might be something more likely worn by a pub team on an end-of-season trip by the beach.

Advertisement
"So next time, CCM need to come up with a bunch of designs and let the fans pick which ones they like," a fan wrote on the Mariners Facebook page. "Bring back the yellow and navy stripes!!!!"

A number of fans said they would not be buying the strip this season because of the design.

"I own every single mariners home shirt ever made but definitely won't be wasting my money on this one," wrote one fan.

Another Facebook user said "Is this to put opposition off their game, by rolling on the ground laughing? Look at [Liam]Reddy's face".

While several others thought the strip was amateurish: "I don't like the palm trees. Softens the look too much. Plus they could be mistaken for cannabis plants," wrote another user.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...away-strip-20150804-gir48p.html#ixzz3hoxXSbKr

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
cant say I hate it...at least you will know who the team is and besides....if the boys are accumulating 3 points after 3 points does a palm tree on a shirt really mean that much in the grand scheme

VicMariner

Interesting to see how sales go of this strip, it might not make an appearance next season if they're bad enough.

We will see this shirt again in 50 years time in a "worst kits in HAL history" article.

MrCelery

The palm trees on the back last year was novel and subtle.

The designer who thought bigger means better - Fail.

Go back to design school.

The only positive is that it's got people talking Mariners. We're above the radar, but for the wrong reasons.

Roy Law

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida! Man, you are really blowing my mind! As that rare beast, the non-drug taking baby boomer (nah, not even weed) it was music like this that gave me my highs. Thanks; as for the new kit, wasn't there some form of consultation? It has Bruce Wayne, I mean Bruce Stalder, written all over it ;)

Big Al

Looking forward to the SFC version with a harbour bridge or opera house where our mull plant is. They steal everything else of ours so why not this.

Looks more like fireworks than a palm tree on the darker strip.

To me the template just looks out of whack. The Mariners logo and a league logo are basically on the collar bone which look to high and the master food logo looks to high as well. They have cramped to much in the top half then heaps of space for the palm tree that sits to the side. Might look better in the middle with smaller ones on each side.

The full yellow looks terrible. Yellow is a colour that needs other colours to compliment it and make it stand out. Like blue or black.

Bit like dibo it's not as bad as when you first see it but it's not great.

When you read what it represents i don't think they achieved what they say. I see no links the charities like they say. It's easy to say but without those words accompanying it you would never know. Especially the blue representing the waves.

Big Al

Brings a delemma. You have to applaud for giving members and specifically members who buy the kit a say. They just buggered it up.

So do you just buy the shirt anyway to make your self eligible for next seasons group to make a new design or do you not buy to show you don't like it?

Should management just do the kits or is it right concept bad design?

soccer mad

I'm sorry all ,it looks SHIT
I know our club works on a tight budget but our merchandise has a lot to be desired. Maybe the new sponsors are OF YA TREE from erina put a bong on the back it's got a leaf on the front

sydmariner

this is an altered version of the vomit kit that the socceroos had in 94 with the non yellow bits painted bluenew kit.jpg

Rowdy

Ah. More accurate reflection of the artist's state of mind while creating this kit
f02808e7c2.jpg

So does this mean I smoke sativa when we wear the away kit & smoke indica when were playing at home??? Sorry guys, I'm really Dazed & Confused.

Dude, where'd the lighter go?
Dude, where'd my car keys go?
Duuuuude! where's my fcuk'n A-League club going ??????????

Rowdy

Do remember Andy Harper & Robbie Slater commenting many times last season on the 'quality of the grass' that's on offer at Blue Tongue. Finest in the League.
..........images-2.jpeg
2015-08-05-00-51-50-2100013548.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred