• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 11 - 2015/2016

Rowdy

So we were chasing him!

Powell happy to battle for Phoenix berth;

161780640.jpg
New Wellington Phoenix striker Blake Powell said it was the chance to work with coach Ernie Merrick, that swayed him to move across the ditch.

Powell accepts he faces a battle to get into the Wellington Phoenix starting 11, but it's one he's happy to be in.

The striker has signed a one-year contract with the A-League club, with the option of a further year, and the former Sydney FC man is hoping to make good on his move, after turning down interest from Central Coast Mariners.

Rowdy

Was hoping Blake Powell would've signed with us, his form in the NSW NPL with Apia Leichhardt was phenomenal -
21 Goals in just 16 games! His cost would've been $50-65k plus he's got experience at this level.

Heffernan on the otherhand hasn't played at this level before, we should get him at minimum wage of $50k BUT now might want more after banging in thos 3 up at Coffs. :cool:

Can he do it week in/week out in the A-League - put pressure on the Irishman for the spot OR did he just have a "world'y of a trial" ???

Hopefully Blake Powell will regret his decision to 'cross the diutch'. I know quite a few on the SydFC forum were pissed at not getting him back :mad:, even more pissed that they got Matty Simon instead. :vhappy:

pjennings

According to NBN Stella and Heffernan no longer trialling. Decision on Heffernan in the next couple of weeks. Sounds like Adelson has been signed and will be announced soon

Big Al

According to NBN Stella and Heffernan no longer trialling. Decision on Heffernan in the next couple of weeks. Sounds like Adelson has been signed and will be announced soon
Adelson was WSW youth team.
Final pass for Heffernan first goal.

I reckon they might leave Heffernan till late being a Visa spot, might be waiting to see if someone falls into there lap.

Luca Brasi

Good reports coming out of training re O'Donovan but we definitely need another striker.
Fond memories of McBreen but could he still perform at the same level 2 years later and would he meet Walmsley's speed/fitness/mobility demands?
If Matt Simon was considered suspect then likely McBreen is too.
Dan Heffernan was on the coast in June for a CCM medical then trialled with the Jets in July before his hat trick in Coffs.
Scored a double on the weekend in the VNPL.
Re other triallists,
I saw Jake Adelson is listed as NYL on the FFA Cup team list, has he signed a youth contract? He was released by WSW NYL last year and has since trialled with Jets and Melb City before CCM.
Was reported in July that Adam Berry was to be offered a youth contract - has this happened?
Will the changes to the salary cap spend change the number or cost of players we are looking at?

nebakke

Well... looks like we're short a target man - yet again...
Tbh there's plenty to feel heartened by, but I'm too frustrated right now to take it in...
On the upside, we created more chances than all of last season i reckon.. on the downside we still came through scoreless...

Rowdy

Just read on 442 Macca wants another HAL gig. Worth another year with us?
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/mcbreen-its-league-or-retirement

He was at the game tonight watching the 'shite' we served up.

His physicality ip front wouldn't have gone astray. O'Donovan is nowhere the size 'I'd imagined him to be'. Wellington Phoenix dominated us & i dont think they were trying to hard.

Phoenix pressed us well, they squeezed up their back 4 keeping play in the middle third where we couldn't really find a way through or over.

We were OK for the fist 10-15mins, that was it. Izzo played with fire and got burnt badly. O'Donovan absolutely smashed his penalty into the cnr crossbar, didnt need to as he had the keeper going the wrong way. We put in the usual CCM effort of a 'few late attacks' but nothing seemed organized.

Overall dissappinting

dibo

Onto the salary cap changes; players like Heffernan could come in on the 'mature rookie' spot.

Players like Caceres, McGing, Neill and Bingham might all be eligible for the 'home grown' concessions.

Josh Rose goes past 5 years this year, so he might be eligible for the 'loyalty' bonus.

If we had any money there are a few things to eke out some space.

banarama

I was impressed with the performance last night, we were unlucky not to grab an early lead with so many positive movements forward. Fabio is just wonderful to watch. We do desperately need another option in the CF space and i am worried about the season if we dont have more options.

MagpieMariner

I believe we do need another option up front, not because the one there isn't any good (I don't have an opinion either way yet, I haven't seen enough of him), but because we need to split up the defenders. I noticed in the 2nd half last night that every move Irish made, he had 2 or 3 defenders hanging onto him (sometimes literally). We have to have someone else in there to make the defence indecisive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred