• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 11 - 2015/2016

Rowdy

Why did they cut his loose?
I don't think we need him.
We need a kick arse striker (Heffernan?), cb and 10.

Because he's FAT, just like David Carney!

"The 33-year-old has been released halfway into his two-year deal at the Eredivisie giant.

According to a report on Dutch website Football Oranje, coach Giovanni van Bronckhorst acted on Wilkshire's future when he returned from holidays overweight."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/08/13/wilkshire-cut-feyernoord

Rowdy

Ferreira targets 10 in finals football push:
gettyimages-465564510.jpg

The Central Coast Mariners may have been bundled out of the FFA Cup Round of 32 by the Wellington Phoenix, but there is renewed hope in Gosford as the team arrows in for an A-League finals return.

Mariners' Portuguese winger Fabio Ferreira, or ‘La Fletcha’ as he is known for his shooting an arrow post goal celebration, is hoping to play a big role in the team's success.

The 26-year-old has set of goal of “at least 10” La Fletcha’s to get the Mariners into the top six.

“The goals for the team are obviously to be in the finals – every team wants to be in the finals,” Ferreira told Four Four Two.

“You don’t play just to play, you play to be in the finals. As a team that’s the main goal. From my perspective, first of all I don’t want to get injured. That’s my first point and after I want to play every game and I want to score. I want to help the team and I want to be the best I can.”

Ferreira made a somewhat surprising move away from the Reds to the Mariners in January. It was a move that was influenced by his desire to get more game time after he lost his spot in the Reds side to Awer Mabil.

“Last season was a bad season, even when I came here it was already bad, and it didn’t get much better,” said Ferreira looking back.

“But that’s it, that was last season, sometimes it’s hard, but we’ve got to move forward. Everybody is looking forward and confident and I’m really confident that we can do well this year, and hopefully we will and prove that we can be up there with the big ones.”

Speaking about Phil Moss’s sacking towards the end of the A-League season, Ferreira said: “I signed because I knew him and I wanted to play under him.

“But that’s football and things change quickly. It was sad, it was hard but life goes on another person comes and takes care of the group and you just have to do your best.”

An injury slowed down La Fletcha at the beginning of last season and this time around the Sporting Lisbon youth graduate his hoping to get a proper preparation into his quiver.

“Last season in Adelaide I missed the pre-season, because of an ankle problem and that didn’t help, so after that I had little things, here and there,’ said Ferreira.

“But now I’m feeling good, hopefully nothing can stop me. And I believe if I have full pre-season under my belt I can be very strong.

“I was happy with my season last year. I could have done better. I always want to be better. I came to a club that was new for me, people didn’t know me. I think I did very well, so I want to keep doing well and even be better this season.”

Even with the inclusions of the likes of Eddie Bosnar, Liam Reddy and Josh Rose, the average age of the Mariners side is 23. And Ferreira, who is only three years older himself, is as an elder statesman of the side.

“There’s a lot of young players but they all have quality, I feel like a senior, I’m not really a senior but I feel like one and I’ll take the responsibility to help the club to go forward and win games, and be good this season. As a senior player you have to want that.”

Last edited:

Rowdy

Bosnar: Mariners will be fine
gettyimages-460850796.jpg

Mariners defender Eddy Bosnar says his team’s preparations for the new season are on track despite being knocked out of the FFA Cup.

Central Coast went down by just one goal to the Phoenix on Tuesday night in a tight match. It was the club’s first loss in pre-season after beating Western Sydney 3-2 in Coffs Harbour and the Newcastle Jets in a behind-closed-doors friendly.

Bosnar, who was rested from the Wellington match along with Liam Reddy, believes the Mariners were unlucky to go out of the Cup.

“The game was good, we just had no luck in scoring,” he told FourFourTwo.

“I didn’t play as the boss put the two younger boys in front of me. They did a great job for the first time in playing a competition game together. I was a little tired and the younger lads looked fresher.

“They had a good combination yesterday so it was great to see. Always happy when younger lads get a good start. We missed a penalty so a little unlucky, but a great crowd and overall a great night of FFA Cup football.”

Around 6,111 fans attended the round of 32 game at Central Coast Stadium on Tuesday, a record for the two-year old Cup competition, with a mistake from Mariners keeper Paul Izzo gifting the Phoenix the only goal.

“Izzo’s a great kid – he will be fine,” the veteran defender said.

Bosnar, who played in the NSL with the Newcastle Breakers, Sydney United 58 and Northern Spirit, is a big supporter of the new competition.

“The Cup is fantastic,” the 35-year old said.

“It’s getting bigger by every game so it’s great for all players and fans who normally don’t get the exposure. It’s great for smaller clubs to make some money as well.

“It will help with younger players coming through the smaller clubs to have a chance that other clubs might scout them.”

After finishing eighth and missing the finals in the 2014-2015 campaign, many are predicting the Mariners will struggle in the upcoming season.

Bosnar is confident Central Coast can prove the critics wrong. The veteran centre back says the club’s new recruits such as Roy O’Donovan, Mitch Austin, Harry Ascroft and Izzo are acclimatizing well.

“I don’t read into that much…people always have shit to say,” Bosnar said.

“We’ve got to do the work at training and we will be fine.

“O’Donovan is experienced so no problem. Austin is a nice, quiet guy with tonnes of pace. Izzo is an Aussie so he knows what to expect and Ascroft has been training well. It’s good to see the boys doing well and fitting in.

“We need that this year to get into the finals.”

pjennings

Roy O'Donovan is 5 foot 10. Conor McAleny is described as diminuitive. If we do sign Conor I'd like to get Daniel Heffernan at 6 foot 2 as well to have a different option.

Rowdy

Made the comment on Tues nite at the FFA game that this season, our squads overall average height appears to have shrunken considerably.

nebakke

Made the comment on Tues nite at the FFA game that this season, our squads overall average height appears to have shrunken considerably.

Huh? - My perception was quite the opposite, but maybe they learned to jump in the off-season. Last year, against the same team, we didn't win a single bloody duel in the air... It was SO frustrating to watch...
Having just had a quick look, it doesn't seem like we've hired a band of midgets though, for most - it's a diff less than 5 cm - if there is a diff that is. Irrespective of that, I thought the boys did pretty well in the air on Tuesday night, so I'll take it - even if they're all must shorter :)

pjennings

Height's not always a factor if you're good enough. Tim Cahill isn't a giant, nor is Mat Ryan.

That's true - but even our taller players last season provided no real aerial threat. The last people that I had some faith in in the box for their aerial ability were Rostyn and then Patrick. Bosnar goes up for every corner but never seems to threaten. I know it has to do with the delivery - but Rostyn and Patrick always seemed to attract the ball.

Coastalraider

That's true - but even our taller players last season provided no real aerial threat. The last people that I had some faith in in the box for their aerial ability were Rostyn and then Patrick. Bosnar goes up for every corner but never seems to threaten. I know it has to do with the delivery - but Rostyn and Patrick always seemed to attract the ball.

That's true, we had a lot of corners on Tuesday and never threatened. For a long time I felt disappointed when we win a corner, as we seem to need genuine luck to get anything from it..

To be honest when I see Fitzy step up to feed the corner, I tend to lose all optimism. Not many players try harder than Fitzy, but he just isn't that good. I've found him listed as having played 95 a-league games, I presume mostly if not all in the front 3rd, for 9 goals. And he also took our penalties for a while which should have bolstered that tally. That's just not good enough in any league. He lacks composure which affects his positioning, passing and shooting, and was a big part of our unsuccessful attack on Tuesday.

Great bench depth though, I hope Austin finds his feet through the trials and turns into the guy we need.

midfielder

Kinda news we knew but with an update on a 19 yo Everton has said no to us on. from 442

The Central Coast Mariners could be about to receive a timely boost courtesy of their partnership with Everton FC. At least one Toffees player is set to embark on a season-long loan with the Gosford club, rumoured to be athletic striker Connor McAleny, 23. It is understood that coach Tony Walmsley’s inquiry about Everton’s 19-year-old Australian right-back Gethin Jones was met with a polite but firm “no thank you”
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/...s-move-merseyside-striker#hxdiwZqEwWRaffgX.99

soccer mad

I read that Conner had problems with injuries, we don't need someone else's medical cost .but if fit and raring to go
why not .We don't need Evertons lemons.

Rowdy

Wonder how Michael Cvetkovski (CB) went the other night against Canberra Olympic, anyone know?

Michael Cvetkovski:

Michael Cvetkovski.jpeg

Full name: Michael Cvetkovski
Date of birth: 21 November 1987 (age 27)
Place of birth:Sydney, Australia
Heritage: Australian / Macedonian
Height: 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)
Playing position: Defender
Free Agent
Youth career
2002–2006 Pelister
Senior career *Years Team Apps †(Gls)†
2007–2008 Belasica 29 (5)
2008–2010 Pelister 44 (2)
2010–2011 Persebaya 1927 24 (3)
2011–2012 Kitchee 19 (0)
2012–2013 Rabotnički 10 (0)
2013–2014 Yangon United 30 (3)
2014 Pelister - (-)
2015 Siam Navy 11 (0)

HE started his professional career at age 8 with his local football club Rockdale City, in Sydney. Eager to develop his skills he moved to (Europe) Macedonia at age 14 and signed with top league side FK Pelister.

Cvetkovski progressed through the youth system and was offered a 4 year professional contract at age 18. As a young skillful player Cvetkovski was sent out on loan to top tier side FK Belasica to gain experience and receive exposure to top tier football in the country.

After having a successful year at FK Belasica, Cvetkovski returns to FK Pelister in 2009 and makes his debut on the 15/08/09. Pelister had an outstanding season finishing 4th on the table, 2009/10 season. Cvetkovski once again impressed with his performances, and after two seasons with Pelister and 44 appearances decided to accept an offer from Persebaya 1927.

On December 20, 2010 Cvetkovski transfers to Persebaya 1927 and signs a 1 year contract for an undisclosed amount. Cvetkovski made 24 appearances for Persebaya 1927 and scored 3 goals helping to secure the top position on the table for the 2010/11 season.

On 21 August 2011, he has been offered a contract to play for Kitchee in the 2011-12 Hong Kong First Division League and 2012 AFC Cup, after performing to the satisfaction of coach Josep Gombau in the pre-season training matches in Spain. Michael made his first appearance in the Hong Kong First Division League as a second-half substitute on 25 September 2011 in the match against Hong Kong Sapling, which Kitchee won 6:0. But on 1 December, Ken Ng announced that as Michael cannot adapt to Kitchee's playing style,and on the request of Cvetkovski that he be released from the club. Cvetkovski was interviewed and quoted," I and Mr Ken have had some minor indifference's I've decided that it is best i leave".

In 2012 he returned to Macedonia signing with top league side FK Rabotnički. On 4 January 2013, he transfers to Yangon United from Myanmar. Cvetkovski won the 2013 Myanmar Championship with Yangon United and also led the club to the 2013 AFC Cup Round of 16 for the first time in the club’s history. He made 30 appearances and scored 3 goals for the club in all competitions.

In 2014 March, Cvetkovski returns to Australia after spending 13 years abroad, he signed a short-term deal with Rockdale City Suns in the Australian National Premier Leagues.

In September 2014, Cvetkovski returned to FK Pelister, Macedonia on a short-term deal.

In January 2015, Cvetkovski signed with Royal Thai Navy F.C., in the Thai Premier League on a two-year deal. Doesn't appear to have played any games & probably released as is back with Rockdale City Suns .... I think.

Rowdy

Appears good in the air, well timed & physically strong in the tackle & can pass well.

Seems pretty comfortable on the ball with also the abillity to go forward with some pace into the attacking 3rd. Looks much quicker than Bosnar.

Wombat

Appears good in the air, well timed & physically strong in the tackle & can pass well.

Seems pretty comfortable on the ball with also the abillity to go forward with some pace into the attacking 3rd. Looks much quicker than Bosnar.

I like the look of him....a lot.
More composed than Posco and faster than Bosnar.
The only complaint was a few times when he gave the ball he didn't move to receive it back.

pjennings

Kinda news we knew but with an update on a 19 yo Everton has said no to us on. from 442

The Central Coast Mariners could be about to receive a timely boost courtesy of their partnership with Everton FC. At least one Toffees player is set to embark on a season-long loan with the Gosford club, rumoured to be athletic striker Connor McAleny, 23. It is understood that coach Tony Walmsley’s inquiry about Everton’s 19-year-old Australian right-back Gethin Jones was met with a polite but firm “no thank you”
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/transfer-rumours-league-targets-wilkshire-mariners-move-merseyside-striker#hxdiwZqEwWRaffgX.99

It is unlikely that a request was made since the FFA has already knocked back Brendan Galloway because he was too young at 19.

Luca Brasi

If you look at what Walmsley has had to say in his recruitment updates on the website, he emphasizes the issue of budget restraints; squad balance & available funds; recruiting potential; balance youth & experience but talent & hunger > experience; do they add value on pitch now & at what cost, do they have to potential to grow in value; pace; physical capacity; variety in front third. The communication from the gaffer re his strategy has been first class, probably to reassure fans after some of last seasons recruiting failures and because he wants us to know the limitations placed on him and the risk if/when it all turns pear shaped.

The FFA Cup game saw the start of his attacking, risky style; entertaining football; tactical approach requiring more physicality. It was certainly more direct and open with a 4 - 3 - 3 but there were holes all over the place in the midfield. At least he has a plan and believes in it and I hope that the players buy in as well and it works because we a never going to have a roster that compares to Sydney or Victory.

I share the lack of enthusiasm for trialing players from SL1 and am still waiting for the Everton connection to produce something from his UK scouting ("the hunt for top players is the highest priority") and that he was talking to 2 players that may fit the bill.

Cvetkovski does look good but it is the Hong Kong/Myanmar league. At least we are actually trialing him rather than panic buying off YouTube. Some further cover at the back would be good and provide a bit more flexibility, I hope the trial works out. I disagree that Posco lacks composure, he is the CB that will play the ball out from the back and his passing stats are good. We still need a quality striker though.

midfielder

It is understood that coach Tony Walmsley’s inquiry about Everton’s 19-year-old Australian right-back Gethin Jones was met with a polite but firm “no thank you”
http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/...s-move-merseyside-striker#hxdiwZqEwWRaffgX.99

It is unlikely that a request was made since the FFA has already knocked back Brendan Galloway because he was too young at 19.

Different player this kid is Australian and did not fall foul of the FFA.

soccer mad

Sash Ognenovski was a late bloomer and came from state league side and ended becoming a soccerroo, if a player has natural ability and is put in the hands of a good coach there's know reason talent can't be reached as long as the player has the right attitude.We need a development team ,that targets talent . Not just here but our pacific neighbors
With the tuggerah almost complete we could offer scholarships .

pjennings

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/transfer-rumours-league-targets-wilkshire-mariners-move-merseyside-striker#hxdiwZqEwWRaffgX.99

I recorded the Liverpool Everton U21 game early this morning. Jones and McAleny both played. Jones didn't seem to offer anything more than Storm or Posco In fact a lot of the Liverpool attack targeted him. Everton where 3 - 0 down after about 40 minutes with McAleny, employed wide left hardly touching the ball. From then on he seemed to be given a free role and drifted centrally much more getting an assist just before half time and scoring the second before Everton tied it up at 3-3.

He looks a very tidy player, defended from the front, dropped back when needed, can dribble and has a decent shot. I'd be happy to have him - but probably as a twin AM with Caceres.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred