• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad - HAL 11 - 2015/2016

dibo

No Moss might encourage him to return too. He played like a busted arse for us last year, but if he gets his shit together then he can still be useful (and has more potential than Simon).

Wombat

He was clearly disillusioned with Mossy's woeful tactics. He would be a great re-signing imho.

Rowdy

Daniel Heffernan;
2015-08-05-23-51-10-329842225.jpeg
Full Name: Daniel Heffernan
Position: StrikerNumber
Birthdate: 25/5/87
Hometown: Manchester
Height: 6ft 2”
Weight: 85kg

The 28-year-old, born in Manchester, was plying his trade for Salford City in England about four years ago when an unlikely call came from the Shepparton Soccer Club in Victoria’s Goulburn North East Football Association.

Looking for a change of pace after his grandmother passed away — Heffernan was her carer — the striker jumped at the opportunity, which came about just weeks after he put his details on a website promoting opportunities for Brits looking to play abroad.

Heffernan quickly fell in love with both his club and new hometown and fully intended on seeing out the second of his initial two-year deal, but his blistering form up north raised eyebrows down south.

South Melbourne came calling and requested a trial, but Heffernan was on a post-season trip back home and couldn’t make it.
4405e6338bb125c45a35cdbb40594e04.jpeg
Dan Heffernan finds the net against Hume.
So when Warriors coach George Katsakis called and said he was signing him without a trial, Heffernan felt compelled to try his luck in Melbourne.

His first year for Heidelberg in 2013 — the club was back in the then-named Victorian Premier League after being relegated to State League 1 in 2012 — was good, but it was in 2014 when the Manchester United fan exploded.

Playing up front, Heffernan scored a staggering 18 goals in 23 games as the Bergers marched to a third-placed finish.

Heffernan even polled enough votes to win Football Federation Victoria’s prized PS4 NPL Gold Medal, but he was ineligible to win the award because of suspension.

South Melbourne’s Milos Lujic — on 24 votes, one less than Heffernan — took out the gong instead.
de37b68025135edfc78af69e255518b4.jpeg
Dan Heffernan and contests the ball against Eastern Lions’ Fabian Crua.
“In Australia, me being a visa player and also an older player, being 28, I didn’t actually consider it at all because it’s a big hurdle for a club to get over, to be willing to take that risk.

“At the start of June I spoke to the Central Coast and went up to do a medical there, but I’ve not heard anything since so I think they were just getting me up there to see what I was like.

“I would love to get the opportunity to play professionally — I’ve always been semi-pro, I’ve never been part of an academy or anything like that.

Rowdy

(I actually remember this kid coming off the bench for Victory because of his mop of ringlets - he wasnt too bad with the ball at his feet iirc)

Francesco Stella;
2015-08-05-23-27-45-2100013548.jpeg

Date of birth: 25 July 1991 (age 24)
Place of birth: Melbourne, Australia
Height: 1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)
Playing position: Attacking Midfielder

Club information
Current team: Avondale FC
Youth career: 2007-08 A.C.ChievoVerona
Seniorcareer
*Years
2008–09 Sth Melb. [Apps-18], (Goals) (2)
2009–12 A.C. Siena [0], (0)
2011–12 Borgo a Buggiano (loan) [21], (4)
2012–13 Rangers F.C [1], (0)
2013–14 Melbourne Victory (0)
2015; Sisaket [4], (0)
2015– Avondale FC [7], (1)

Stella spent a year with the AC Chievo Verona youth team before returning to Australia with South Melbourne FC in the Victorian Premier League.

He made is senior debut at 16 years of age and was named SMFC U/21 player of the year for the 2009 VPL season.

2009, he went to Italy where he was offered a 3-year contract by Siena. However, he failed to make a single first team appearance for the Italian club.

He later moved to financially troubled sideRangers F.C. for the start of the 2012-13, He scored in and 3-1 friendly match win over Falkirk at Ibrox stadium.

January 2013, it was confirmed that Stella had signed a two and a half year deal with Melbourne Victory after impressing coach Ange Postecoglou. He made his debut for the Victory in The Big Bluematch against Sydney FC, coming on as a substitute for Marcos Flores in the 76th minute of the match.

He made his second appearance for the Victory in theMelbourne derby against Melbourne Heart on 2 February 2013, coming on as a substitute for Marco Rojas in the 88th minute. He made first start, and his third appearance, for the Victory in The Cross Border Rivalry clash against Adelaide United.
images-3.jpeg
Stella spent the majority of the 2013-14 season playing in the National Youth League, scoring 8 goals.

Stella was released by the Victory in July 2014. He had made just 7 appearances during his time at the Victory.

Last edited:

Rowdy

Reads interestingly, but like a waste of a visa spot.

Thought the same, but then again it's not like we've got the ca$h for a decent 'visa-player' anway :rolleyes: . Unless we picked up some sponsor cash down the road we'd just be leaving a vacancy in the squad.

Even leaving it to the last minute isn't so bad as there are still plenty of players overseas (Australian & Foreigners), if whom havent got a team once comps have started then we'll be able to negotiate much cheaper wages with a spot left in our squad, preferably a 'visa-spot'.

You'd only be paying this young kid the minimum-wage of $50k w/ a 12mnth gig. Not sure if I'd want him, maybe keep looking.

I'd prefer a young kid who's come through an overseas club, on deal like we have with Everton or any other club who has a young 'speculator', rather than this kid who's doing the 'reverse pathway' so to speak.

Reactions: adz

localpom

Then again,
Think Stella is an attacking midfielder. Probably right sided as that is an area TW is trying to strengthen. I think he will try and sign a right sided attacking middy, a CB and another forward.....on the cheap. :) That should complete the squad and give us 2 players for every position. I'm hoping Danny also gets a last season on a cheap deal.

Roy Law

A
Think Stella is an attacking midfielder. Probably right sided as that is an area TW is trying to strengthen. I think he will try and sign a right sided attacking middy, a CB and another forward.....on the cheap. :) That should complete the squad and give us 2 players for every position. I'm hoping Danny also gets a last season on a cheap deal.
A failed Facebook player; years in Italy not making it but looking good with fancy skills. Discarded by Victory - simply not good enough.

localpom

A

A failed Facebook player; years in Italy not making it but looking good with fancy skills. Discarded by Victory - simply not good enough.
Unfortunately we haven't the cash to sign players with proven pedigree (i hope i'm wrong and we get at least 1 signing with it). So it's searching around the bargain bins for TW in the hope of unearthing a few diamonds in the rough. We can only wait and see. Oh well....at least we have a great kit.

soccer mad

Patience might be a good thing as dead line draw closer thier be a lot players without a club who might take a pay cut as long as thier playing

Big Al

“Goalscoring would be my main strength. If the service is good and the chances are created for me I’ll back myself to finish them.

Also why not have ago at Heffernan might not be overawed like a kid and plenty decent players matured latter especially strikers. Where only paying peanuts anyway so for the price why not. If someone better comes up cut him.

Rowdy

Well if he scores in a trial game he'll do his chances no harm for a contract .................just ask Matty Simon ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred