• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

Rowdy

Celtic want to hold onto Socceroo Tom Rogic:

gettyimages-490874598_0.jpg

Socceroo Tom Rogic says Celtic want him to sign a new deal to stay at the club beyond the end of next season - and he's keen to keep with the club too.

Rogic has had a breakthrough season with the Scottish giants after injuries kept him sidelined since he joined from Central Coast Mariners in 2013.

His dynamic attacking football has won him legions of fans among the Celtic faithful this year, and is regularly picked as man of the match for the Bhoys.

After failing to make any impact for the previous two years, the turnaround has been amazing - and Rogic is now at full fitness and finally able to last 90 minutes.

Now Celtic want to tie him down on a new long-term deal. His current contract finished at the end of next season and Celtic have moved early to keep him on board.

Ahead of Celtic Europa League clash with Molde, Rogic revealed talks were already underway.

"The club have made it known to my representatives they would like to extend it and hopefully we can do that," he told the Scottish Daily Mail.

"Of course I'd be keen. I am happy here and enjoying my football. I certainly hope it can happen. It was just last week that they spoke so it is still very early. We'll wait and see what happens."

Rogic has been inspired to stay by team-mate Nir Bitton also signing a new deal as the club keeps a firm grip on their key stars.

The 22 year Canberran added: "Nir has been a great player for Celtic over the past year and shown his quality. When someone of that level of quality commits his future it can rub off on the rest of the team and set a good example."

Rogic said he was grateful for Celtic boss Ronnie Deila giving him a chance at the number 10 role despite his awful injury history, which included battling back from a reported long-term osteo pubitis condition.

"He would ask how I was getting on with my rehab and recovery. He reassured me if I got myself fit and back to a level I would be given the chance to prove myself," said Rogic.

"The focus was to come into pre-season for a fresh start, improve myself in training and games and push on from there.

"There were no guarantees. I would have to earn everything and work hard for it. But he wanted to let me know I still had a future at the club and by no means would I be leaving without having given it a good shot.

"I've been fortunate to have the support of the club and coaching staff. Also, the dressing room has been fantastic over the last year through my injuries.

"Their support network has made a difficult period in my life and career easier. I'm happy now things are going well and I'm looking to build on the start to the season."

Rogic will join the Socceroos in his Canberra hometown for their World Cup qualifier against Kyrgyzstan next week and he can't wait to play in front of his friends and family.

He added: 'It's massive. That is where I was born and raised.

"There hasn't been a national team game played there for some time – and I've never had an opportunity to play a professional match there.

"It will be pretty special and it's something I'm really looking forward to because I'm not sure how many opportunities like it there will be. All my family and friends are in Canberra so it will be pretty cool."

greenlig

Rogic doing what he does v Ross County on the weekend. Boyoboy can he play :)

1a2971cba4cbdff388b2470b0808e529.gif

Rowdy

Dont know if you'd call it conquering the world .................

Brent Griffiths makes Malaysian move:

Former Central Coast Mariners defender Brent Griffiths has signed with Malaysian Super League side Penang FA.

Griffiths was released by the Mariners at the end of the 2014/2015 season and has since been without a club.

The 25-year old, who grew up in Western Australia, was a junior with Blackburn Rovers.

The centre-back made his A-League debut for Perth Glory in 2010 and has also had stints with Wellington Phoenix and National Premier League Victorian club Heidelberg United.

His older brother is Roda JC Kerkrade midfielder Rostyn Griffiths.

Penang FA will compete in the Malaysian Super League again in 2016 after securing promotion from the second division.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/brent-griffiths-makes-malaysian-move#XlFo1hZLTlW7fbKE.99

Rowdy

Griffiths joins the ranks of many former A-Leaguer's now plying their trade in Malaysia who include;
Robbie Cornthwaite, Ryan Griffiths, Jon McKain, Billy Mehmet, Brendan Gan, Mario Karlovic, Reinaldo, Matt Davies, Issey Nakajima-Farran, Patrick Gerhardt, Joel Chianese, Cameron Edwards and
Ndumba Makeche.

Rowdy

Matty Ryan's spanish lessons wont be as 'necessary' now..........

Valencia appoint Gary Neville as head coach:

Gary Neville has taken charge of Valencia until the end of the season, the Liga club have announced.

Valencia have appointed former Manchester United defender Gary Neville as head coach until the end of the season.

The England assistant coach will officially take charge of the first team on Sunday December 6 ahead of the Champions League clash with Lyon at the Mestalla three days later.

Valencia president Layhoon Chan said: "We are delighted to have secured Gary so quickly. He combines top level coaching experience through his role as a senior coach with the England national team and a world-class playing career with England and Manchester United.

"Throughout his career Gary has always shown great leadership both on and off the pitch. He is hugely respected in English football and it was his personal qualities which persuaded us that he was the right choice to lead Valencia until the end of the season."

Neville himself added: "I am absolutely thrilled to be given this opportunity with Valencia. Valencia are a huge football club of immense standing and I know from my time as a player the passion and dedication of the Valencia fans.

"I am really looking forward to working with the club's talented group of players and am excited about the challenge ahead."

Neville will hold his first media conference on Thursday.

Brother Phil Neville had been tipped as a potential long-term successor to Nuno Espirito Santo, who left the club earlier this week following a defeat to Sevilla.

He was expected to maintain his role as assistant coach at the club while interim boss Voro remained in charge.

Gratis

Socceroo Trent Sainsbury on target for PEC Zwolle

Socceroos defender Trent Sainsbury has scored his first Eredivisie goal but also picked up an injury playing for PEC Zwolle overnight.

Sainsbury opened the scoring midway through the first half as Zwolle took a 2-0 lead to the break away at NEC Nijmegen.

It was the ex-Central Coast centre-back’s first ever strike in the Dutch top-flight in his 26th outing for the club.

But unfortunately for the visitors they were pegged back after the break, with Sainsbury forced off with 18 minutes left with a hip problem.

The 23-year-old took to Twitter after the match to reveal the injury isn’t too serious and he’s hopeful of being fit to play again next weekend.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/socceroo-trent-sainsbury-target-pec-zwolle#7TgTQU2rY2B6ZwGR.99

Gratis

Socceroos goalkeeper Mat Ryan named Player of the Year and Harry Kewell Medal winner
Once again defying the maxim that goalkeepers don't peak until later in their careers, Socceroos star Mat Ryan has capped another stellar year after being awarded the Player of the Year by his fellow professionals.

Ryan also claimed victory in the Harry Kewell Medal for a third time, the award handed out to the best Australian player - or A-League player from another country - under 23. The awards voted on by all Australian players through their union, Professional Footballers Australia.

While 2014 saw Ryan break onto the international scene and play in three matches last year's World Cup, 2015 saw Ryan scale even greater heights.

In January, he was brilliant between the posts for the Socceroos as they claimed their first ever Asian Cup, cementing his position as the unquestioned first-choice goalkeeper for the national team.

In July, Ryan secured the biggest move of his short career, leaving Belgium side Club Bruges to sign for Spanish giants Valencia after being named as Belgian Pro League Goalkeeper of the Year for a second time.

His start to life at the Mestalla was hampered by injury, leaving him locked in a battle for game time with Brazilian veteran Diego Alves and the ever-improving Jaume Domenech.

However, Ryan's year-on-year rise remains nothing short of meteoric, having seemingly conquered every obstacle in his path after making his debut for the Central Coast Mariners as an 18-year old barely five years ago.

"This caps off the past 12 months and what a 12 months it has been. To receive an award like this, which is voted by your colleagues is very humbling," Ryan said.

"You play football to represent your country at the highest level. The moment when Mile lifted the Asian Cup was very close to the best moment in my career.

"I am eager to do everything I can to be successful with the Socceroos and Valencia. I would like to thank all of the PFA's members who voted for me."

PFA President and Socceroos teammate Matt McKay said Ryan had played an enormous role in the success of the national team over the past 12 months.

"On behalf of all our members I would like congratulate Mat," said McKay.

"The 2014-15 season was an historic one for Australian football and Mat played a huge role in this."

PFA Chief Executive Adam Vivian said Ryan had proven himself time and again as one of the finest exponents of his craft.

"Mat has the respect of all Australian footballers," said Vivian. "His dedication and professionalism is 'world class' and he deserves all the recognition he has received to date."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...dal-winner-20151216-glonzr.html#ixzz3uRiMQDqv

Forum Phoenix

I don't think so. Have suffered from osteitis pubis also. Absolute shit of an injury took me almost two years to shake also / very limiting, but once past it and strengthened has never occurred again.

If it was a knee I'd be more worried. I think he's clearly past it and going from strength to Strength. Exciting imo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred