• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

Rowdy

20160104_022739_zpshtw0dcny.jpg

Took this photo of my telly the other nite.

Great photo of Mile holding his youngest boy about to take the field against Chelsea at Selhurst Park.

Palace went down 3-0, but was good to see Mile back wearing the Captains arm-band and leading them out onto the park, after being on the outer again for sometime.

67 mins against Chelsea & played the full 90 mins the week before in the nil-all draw against Swansea. Hope this continues for him.

scoober

Talk out there that Leeds are keen on Rogic. 20% to go to the Mariners, Have my doubts though that Celtic will sell him now he's starting to fire.

Gratis

Apparently Leeds value him at $2m.

Have my doubts, I think Celtic will want to hold onto him for a while longer. He'll get better yet as will his value.

Either way eventual CCM payday is likely

Forum Phoenix

Apparently Leeds value him at $2m.

Have my doubts, I think Celtic will want to hold onto him for a while longer. He'll get better yet as will his value.

Either way eventual CCM payday is likely

Fox is saying 3 million, (assuming they meant AUD) and that it's unlikely Leeds can afford that amount so even if Celtic were willing, won't happen unless some talent swap comes in also.

We could do with 600K though I'm sure. From all reports, that would balance our books this year wouldn't it?

dibo

Celtic is asking for £3m/~$6m. Leeds were willing to offer £1m/~$2m. We'll see how this ends...

Wombat

Leeds have a wealthy Italian owner and also have an $8m valued fullback starlet called Sam Byram.
They are doing well under their new manager and the Italian has promised funds to push for promotion to EPL.
Rogic would be perfect for them now that he has been battle hardened in Scotland.

dibo

I don't see any Scottish football, but his weakness here was that he wasn't fit to press for 90 minutes in a team that defends actively from the front. At the time he suited us, but as an example he'd never have been anything but a sub at Brisbane.

If in his time at Celtic he's developed a 90 minute engine and a bit of general hardness, he can go OK in the Championship. He's going to have more 'hard' games though, as opposed to playing in a team with twice the wage bill of any other club and five or six times the smallest clubs. In those circumstances, Celtic is better equipped to carry a 'luxury' player in midfield than Leeds is...

Big Al

No way his engine can handle the championship after all the injuries he has had and time missed. He'd be way off physically where he would have been if playing all that time.

Huge risk reward player

Gratis

Musti

If you haven't been paying attention to the third division of German football over the past few years, you could be forgiven for thinking Mustafa Amini had fallen off the face of the earth.
In 2012, barely aged 19, Amini left behind the A-League and the then-championship chasing Central Coast Mariners for a shot at the big time with Borussia Dortmund, the reigning Bundesliga champions.
Three seasons with their reserve team took him away from the public eye but his talents were being finetuned in one of the world's best developmental schools. Six months ago, he signed with Danish club Randers and hasn't looked back.
But this next fortnight marks the period where Amini aims to put himself back in the minds of the Australian public.
He is arguably the most critical component of Aurelio Vidmar's side at this month's Asian under-23 championships in Qatar, even training over Christmas with Sydney FC to keep himself fit during the Danish winter break.
While a title is on the line in Doha, the bigger goal is finishing in the top three and securing a berth at the Rio Olympics.
"I know how big it would be for Australia to qualify for any Olympics but this is just massive," he said. "We know that four years ago it didn't happen and what a disappointment that was. We don't want that to happen to us, to miss out again.
"It's also that much bigger when you're talking about Brazil. We know they're going to go crazy for the Olympics but especially for the football. We're just desperate to be a part of that."
First up on Thursday night (early Friday morning AEDT) is the highly touted United Arab Emirates, who qualified for the 2012 Games.
Three days later, the Olyroos will be heavily favoured to defeat Vietnam before finishing with the Socceroos' nemesis, Jordan, on January 20.
The top two teams from the four groups make the quarter-finals, with the two semi-final winners and the third-placed play-off winner all going to Rio.
The Olyroos have spent the past week preparing in Dubai but Vidmar's side has been hit with late withdrawals, the latest being being star attacker Chris Ikonomidis, who was denied a release by his Italian club, Lazio.
"Of course, it makes it harder losing top players but I honestly think we can do it, even without them," Amini said. "That's because the replacements, like Brandon O'Neill for Danny De Silva [blocked by his Dutch club Roda], are top quality. And those guys who've come in will be absolutely hungry to prove themselves."
Though Amini knows he fell off the radar of many during his time in Germany, he doesn't regret the time spent under Jurgen Klopp's tutelage.
"Even though I wasn't playing in the first team, I trained with the first team and that means you're with world-class players every day," he said. "A lot of people might not understand how much an impact that has on you, but that's up to five days a week competing with World Cup winners, Champions League winners – the best of the best."
Amini chalked up 57 matches in the third division over three years. But, as he rightly points out, it's "a much higher standard than people would think".
"People think that League One in England is a decent standard but dismiss the German third division. Yet they're exactly the same tier where Bailey Wright and Massimo Luongo were playing when they began getting called up for Australia," he said. "There's a lot of good players at that level and also a lot big, tough men who play a very physical and demanding style. It was something I had to adjust to but it helped me a lot. It was a real learning curve.
Danish football may not be the Bundesliga, but it is a step up from where he's been playing and Amini couldn't be happier with his start to life at Randers.
"It was time for me to make a decision and I wanted to be playing at the top tier and going to Denmark just ticked a lot of boxes," he said. "I'm at a good club, who are currently sixth in a strong European league and the national team is on the rise. If I do well there, I'll get back in the frame for the Socceroos. They've been so supportive of my goals with the Olyroos, which shows I've made the right decision."
.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/mustafa-amini-ready-to-fire-the-olyroos-from-doha-to-rio-20160113-gm4x4u.html

marinersince2006

I don't see any Scottish football, but his weakness here was that he wasn't fit to press for 90 minutes in a team that defends actively from the front. At the time he suited us, but as an example he'd never have been anything but a sub at Brisbane.

If in his time at Celtic he's developed a 90 minute engine and a bit of general hardness, he can go OK in the Championship. He's going to have more 'hard' games though, as opposed to playing in a team with twice the wage bill of any other club and five or six times the smallest clubs. In those circumstances, Celtic is better equipped to carry a 'luxury' player in midfield than Leeds is...

Rogic to Leeds.
Worst possible club to move to.
Crazy owner....under legal threat. Broke. 8 th manager in 12 months .Put a tax on hot dogs!...locked out sky tv for a short time.

We could get our chairman to advise TR to stay away from Leeds.

He would be playing with Asia/Oceania top centre foreword.....Chris Wood....undefeated at World Cup team.

Championship teams to consider.....derby, Middlesbrough, Brighton.

Was disappointed when Masimmo Luongo went to QPR......hardly playing with Neil 75year old from Sheffield was temp manager.

Wombat

8 managers in 12 months?

Is that humour?

Leeds are a big club. They get 25k crowds each week.

They are a sleeping giant.

Everton , west ham and Newcastle all want Byram. He is reportedly going to Everton for £3.7 plus percentage of future sales.

They can afford Rogic.

Last edited:

Atomic

It's got to be said that he created a rod for his own back by palming that first save back into the path of an attacker.

greenlig

Watched that game last night. Nothing he could do about the two goals that went in, but he looked pretty good. At one stage he did one of his insane runs way too far out of the box but Mustafi cleared it.

I was actually more amazed at just how completely uninterested some of the Valencia players seemed. Didn't seem up for it at all, played with barely any purpose. Negredo was ok, but until Alacacer and Piatti came on they looked very ordinary.

Rowdy

I was actually more amazed at just how completely uninterested some of the Valencia players seemed. Didn't seem up for it at all, played with barely any purpose. Negredo was ok, but until Alacacer and Piatti came on they looked very ordinary.

Maybe hoping that by putting out 'shite' team performances (the spanish players mostly) that it will eventually lead to Neville being driven straight to the aeropuerto with a one-way ticket back to the Old Dart . :cool:

Maty on the otherhand would/will NEVER join in such shenanigans. He'd put in the same stella performance filling in for his mates' AA11 side whilst home on a holiday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred