• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

bikinigirl

It was done on the last day of his contract. The reason it could be done was that there were 8 or 9 clubs after Maty so the club had some leverage. Normally on the last day there would be no leverage at all.

. i won't pretend to know how these things work ... but it sounds like the credit lies with young Maty

. surely he was the one with all the leverage ... and the club was hours away from having none

Big Al

We tried something similar with mcglincy didn't we with move to Japan with Arnie but that was a massive failure. Didn't we do it with Ibini as well? Cheaper transfer fees but retain a percentage if someone makes it big.

greenlig

After a few good games in the development squad, Tom Rogic made the seniors bench for the final two games of the season at Celtic. He didn't get on the pitch, but apparently the coach, Delia, rates him pretty highly. Looking good for next season if he can avoid injury.

[EDIT] My bad, the two penultimate games. He wasn't in the final game squad.

Last edited:

MagpieMariner

And if he (or his agent) wasn't in such a hurry to go overseas, he would've been constantly on the pitch, showing his worth week after week. He might've been able to do a deal like Maty by now, and be on the radar of very big teams all over Europe instead of being hidden away in Glasgow playing in the lower grades.
A lesson for the youngsters - don't grab the first offer you receive, wait until a really good one comes along.

uXs

Nobody in Brugge cares how much profit we'd do by selling Ryan, we'd much rather keep him. Until we win the title. And then we want to keep him so he could play in the CL with us.

Anyway, there are persistent rumors that Ibini would sign with us too. Or has signed pending a medical. I don't know how true these rumors are. Any opinions on this dude?

VicMariner

Nobody in Brugge cares how much profit we'd do by selling Ryan, we'd much rather keep him. Until we win the title. And then we want to keep him so he could play in the CL with us.

Anyway, there are persistent rumors that Ibini would sign with us too. Or has signed pending a medical. I don't know how true these rumors are. Any opinions on this dude?
In the last 12 months he has really improved. Scored some cracking goals. I hope he gets a run in the Pro league.
He's pretty good mates with Ryan too, that might help you hang on to Maty a bit longer....maybe.

dibo

If Bernie goes to Club Brugge you'll do well out of having him and Mat together.

From an entirely CCM-minded perspective, I hope you sell Mat for trillions but Club Brugge really has to weigh up the cash and the football elements.

Roy Law

Probably Mat Ryan's best mate, which might help you hold on to him. Decent pace although his occasional poor first touch can be frustrating but makes up for it with spectacular goals. Has the ability to turn a game. I hope he goes well.

Big Al

If you get ibini it would be at a good time. He has matured a lot in last 18 months.
He got a run with the national team but is just off the pace there. Needs more consistency.

Can't remember if it was Brugge he trialled with a couple of years ago with mat or just before but he is a much better player now. Don't know much about your league but if given a chance he will be a good player. Only problem is can drift out of the game at times or because of his speed can tire about the 70 min mark. Much more a sprinter than a distance runner.

You should of bought him off us instead of us selling him to China where he never played because he didn't like it and was home sick after fathers passing. Then was going to come back to us on loan but opted to go to our rivals but has had a good season there.

Is still much loved here and we'd love him back but weare dreaming there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred