• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

style_cafe

I`ve known John Crawley nearly 20years.
He is a man of impeccable character & loyalty.
His coaching ability is renowned having a hand in the development of many fine goalkeeper that have achieved at various levels.
I`d like to thank him for his service to our club & wish him well in the future.
In saying that I still do not like Sydney Fc & no matter how many ex-Mariner`s they have ,they will never, ever be us!! :cheers:

Last edited:

pjennings

Quote:
Mathew Ryan on the way to Valencia CF
Mathew Ryan today travels to Valencia to take his medical tests to finalize its transition.

Ryan (23) plays since 2013. Club. He was again elected in the past two seasons to goalkeeper of the year and won the Cup of Belgium. In January 2015 Matt won the Asian Cup and he was elected as the best goalkeeper of the tournament. Los Murcielagos (The bats) last year were 4th in La Liga behind champions Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid.

Ryan : "If I pass my medical tests, I will indeed leave Club. It was a pleasure to work in such a warm and family club. The club did everything to make me keep an extra year at Club what the choice even harder. I had a great time here in Bruges. But I feel that it is time to take this step. Last year I hit a nice offerings, but this time I just could not refuse. Club I am grateful for the opportunities they gave me, as a young player, I could not imagine a better place to grow. I have every confidence in the future of 'black and blue', I keep track already from the first row as a supporter. Finally, a big thank you to the best fans in Belgium! "

Vincent Mannaert : "We do not like to see Matt go, but realize that for him is a logical next step in his career. We have done everything to keep him at least one more season at Club but his mind is made up. Anyway, we are grateful for his dedication over the past two seasons. Matt is a winner on and off the field and will make plenty of it as Bacca in the Primera Division. This farewell does not diminish our ambitions for the coming season. We are already plenty of work for replacement. "

http://clubbrugge.be/nl/nieuws/20617/mathew-ryan-op-weg-naar-valencia-cf

No word on transfer fee at the moment but would be expecting it to be pretty hefty going by what he said in an interview about his contract a month or so ago

Rumoured to be 7M Euros

Roy Law

Quote:
Mathew Ryan on the way to Valencia CF
Mathew Ryan today travels to Valencia to take his medical tests to finalize its transition.

Ryan (23) plays since 2013. Club. He was again elected in the past two seasons to goalkeeper of the year and won the Cup of Belgium. In January 2015 Matt won the Asian Cup and he was elected as the best goalkeeper of the tournament. Los Murcielagos (The bats) last year were 4th in La Liga behind champions Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid.

Ryan : "If I pass my medical tests, I will indeed leave Club. It was a pleasure to work in such a warm and family club. The club did everything to make me keep an extra year at Club what the choice even harder. I had a great time here in Bruges. But I feel that it is time to take this step. Last year I hit a nice offerings, but this time I just could not refuse. Club I am grateful for the opportunities they gave me, as a young player, I could not imagine a better place to grow. I have every confidence in the future of 'black and blue', I keep track already from the first row as a supporter. Finally, a big thank you to the best fans in Belgium! "

Vincent Mannaert : "We do not like to see Matt go, but realize that for him is a logical next step in his career. We have done everything to keep him at least one more season at Club but his mind is made up. Anyway, we are grateful for his dedication over the past two seasons. Matt is a winner on and off the field and will make plenty of it as Bacca in the Primera Division. This farewell does not diminish our ambitions for the coming season. We are already plenty of work for replacement. "

http://clubbrugge.be/nl/nieuws/20617/mathew-ryan-op-weg-naar-valencia-cf

No word on transfer fee at the moment but would be expecting it to be pretty hefty going by what he said in an interview about his contract a month or so ago

Rumoured to be 7M Euros
Wow!

Atomic

Just think... Our boy will be stopping (yes stopping) shots from Messi, Ronaldo et al. Remember that howler against Sydney in his debut? He's come a long way, baby!

dibo

Tbh if he pockets it I'm not that upset. It's a windfall, we've been making losses - it's mad to put it into recurrent spending rather than filling some of the home he has dug.

VicMariner

Valencia's No.1 keeper Diego Alves is also the vice captain, but he is out for six months with a knee injury.
Matt has to grab 1st choice keeper spot with both hands and keep the other guy on the pine.

Great league to move to and suits Matt's play style.

Gonna start watching more La Liga!

nebakke

Tbh if he pockets it I'm not that upset. It's a windfall, we've been making losses - it's mad to put it into recurrent spending rather than filling some of the home he has dug.

If anything, this might be the thing to do, if he wants to prove that train-em/sell-em model works... He'll have to pay debt off somehow and if it isn't with - arguably - the biggest windfall he's seen, then when is it, that he should be doing that? :)

MagpieMariner

I don't begrudge him putting it in his pocket. If he hadn't spent his own money a little while ago, we might be in the same boat as the Scum, or maybe even worse, Fury.

Rowdy

If I could be Charlesworth for a day........

With a minimum wage of $50k in the A-League, take a punt on a "Golden Boot" winner from any of the State Leagues. (Strikers that are going to suit Walmsley’s tactics). Offer them a 12mnth deal with options of 2 year/$75k activated after scoring 'x' number of goals.

Replicate the deal with 2/3 players even, Charlesworth would still have $1.4 odd million for his 'piggy'

Roy Law

The news will be particularly pleasing for Central Coast Mariners owner Mike Charlesworth, who gets to pocket a cool $1.55 million.. Now, *spend it on us* !
:fireup:
The money is very welcome and if Charlesworth wants to keep it to himself then he deserves it after the amount he has put in to save the club. However, he stated that the philosophy of the club is to be a known seller of quality young players with the income part of the financial model for the Mariners so I would hope the money is to be put to the benefit of the club.

I would like to see some financial consideration going to the junior football that discovered him – Westfield High, Marconi and Blacktown City.
Now that the business model has been shown to work I would like Walmsley to be given an improved budget to reinvest the funds in finding the best of young Australian talent.
I would like us to aim higher than a visa player who is a trialist at a non-league English club.
I would like some money to be put aside to tempt Wilko back.
It may be that the money will help with structural financial issues for the Mariners going forward. Only an accountant would know what needs to be done.
I would want the club to pick up the tab for the annual awards night.
I would want the Mariners to break even for next season.

I would want to see a drop-in football pitch for NSO (just kidding:eek:)

MrCelery

Wow! Just WOW!

MatRyan.jpg

Rowdy

Rogic returns for Celtic in UCL qualifier:
gettyimages-479637190.jpg
Socceroo Tom Rogic made his competitive return after 15 months on the sidelines as Celtic eased into the third round of UEFA Champions League qualifying.

The Scottish champions won 4-1 in Iceland over Stjarnan, completing a 6-1 aggregate triumph, with Rogic coming off the bench on 82 minutes.

The appearance was the 23-year-old Australian midfielder’s first in a competitive match since injuring his ankle when on loan with Melbourne Victory in April last year.

Rogic endured ankle and groin problems during a lengthy stint on the sidelines which saw him miss the 2014 World Cup and 2015 Asian Cup.

The Australian returned to action with the Celtic Development side late last season and also sat on the Hoops first-team bench but didn’t make a competitive appearance.

Rogic drew praise from boss Ronny Deila in pre-season with some fine displays including a classy showing against Den Bosch, giving rise to hopes he can break through with Celtic in 2015-16.

The Scottish giants will face Azerbaijani champions FK Qarabag in the third round of Champions League qualifying next week, before the SPL starts on the first weekend of August.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/rogic-returns-celtic-ucl-qualifier#RYF7VIxzOX1MSfDE.99

Rowdy

Bozanic linked with Bundesliga move:
boz1.jpg

Socceroo midfielder Oliver Bozanic has been linked with a transfer to a German club.

Bozanic left Luzern earlier this month after two years with the Swiss side. The 26-year old, who joined Luzern in 2013 from the Central Coast Mariners, is currently a free agent.

FourFourTwo understands Bozanic has attracted interest from the Bundesliga.

It is believed the midfielder is keen to continue his career in Europe, and not return to the A-League, after rejecting a new contract at Luzern.

An unnamed German club has made enquiries about the former Parramatta Eagles and Blacktown City junior, who scored six goals in 51 league appearances in the Swiss Super League.

Bozanic has represented Australia at Under-20, Under-23 and senior level, his last cap for the Socceroos coming against Macedonia in March.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred