• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Arnie, you don't live here any more. Stay out of the pantry.

eenfish

Are you serious, Wombat? One loss and it is doomsday? Forgotten the tactically succinct performance from the weekend already?

Wombat

Last weekend was great which is why I can't accept tonights performance. We have watched a lot of dross at BT this year and that was right up there with the worst of them.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
mate of mines is the Aussie Post Parcel contractor up wambie/terrigal and he caught up with Arnie as he got out of the cab the other day, and Arnies told him he was absolutely rorted in Sendai from the get go...once the ink dried ..all the positive talk by the club vanished

Big Al

Bit harsh Wombat. IMO

We were good for first 20.

Shows how well Fitzy is playing - missed his energy & ability to dribble.

My misses said how can we be up to 2-0 against roar & be loosing to this team.

Have to give you the same advice I gave her

Our front 4 not playing which is the front 4 that broke Roar - Duke, Ibini, Trifiro, Fitzy - So no zip.

& while Roar have been good all year they were a little flat & early goals helped & FC Soul have a much better pedigree that Roar (while not an excuss they are a quality outfit don't forget).

Actually from 60m we were ACL shit against the Roar - The Ferrari's ran out of petrol

Mossy went with what appeared to be the same setup as Roar game with a much different make up of the team.

Worked for 20 mins. Then nothing.

Matt Simon's job is to still be on the park by the 60th min so he can be taken off. Some how he made the whole game. Absolutely cracked up when the FC Soul player had the ball near the touchline & was shepherding it with his body & Simon just gave him a 2 hand shove in the back. Wrong game Matty

tsd

According to foxsports Arnold has turned down Perth. Newcastle set to table an offer. :redcard:

VicMariner

According to foxsports Arnold has turned down Perth. Newcastle set to table an offer. :redcard:
I think he'll knock back the Jets too. Arnie will want a "big" club like Sydney FC. With his proven quality in the HAL that seems about right, but first he must be madly looking around for an overseas job I reckon .

Big Al

I think he'll knock back the Jets too. Arnie will want a "big" club like Sydney FC. With his proven quality in the HAL that seems about right, but first he must be madly looking around for an overseas job I reckon .
It makes sense - Maybe one last look to see if people still want him before he returns to the A League to get a pension

Roy Law

Having 'enjoyed' the financial instability at the Mariners he should have some very interesting questions to ask the Jets...

Gratis

Arnie is a great coach but I can't help feel part of his success was due to the club itself and the culture. I just don't believe he'd have done so well if he'd gone to the smurfs when he had the opportunity for example.
I suspect it'll be similar at the runts up coast but getting them into finals and making them half decent still sucks
my main annoyance would be we released him from a 3 year contract on good faith it was helping him out. to effectively let him out of a 3 year contract so he can go to our most bitter rivals* is harsh and

*rivals is too kind a word, the jest don't rival the mariners in any capacity

Big Al

What are the thoughts if it happened?

Won us our first seat, continued success & treated the boys well
but
left us high & dry early this season (Wasn't great but most understood)
but to come back to the Jets when the A League was now below him with a been here done that.
Ouch

He couldn't have picked a bigger basket case but they were going well under Zane in the end. Very dangerous front 4 but how many of those will be back? Hesky Gone, Taggart will get offers O/s. Griffths?

eenfish

They have a lot of young talented blokes like Taggart, Brilliante, and Brighitti. But at long as they aren't making it to the finals, then I don't care who is in charge.

Big Al

all of those 3 could be gone next year
Spaghetti arms deal in limbo because coach got the sack (bundesleague)
Taggart - Would be good in Holland
Brilliante - most likely of the 3 to be there next year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred