• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Arnie, you don't live here any more. Stay out of the pantry.

Gratis

ideal situation would be he finds a gig os in a lower league, both for him and for us not having him coach against us
6 games only 2 loses - harsh outcome

true believer

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/scott-mcIntyre/blog/1186328/Arnie-was-on-a-hiding-to-nothing

Absolutely astonishing some of the crap he had to put up with. You thought we were tight arses.

They made there kit man the sporting director in charge of transfers.

gee I hope he teams up with ange for the world cup . even with our squad we'd have a tactical edge
few teams would be ready for. ooh my steal 4 points from our group and get through to the round of 16 would be legendary indeed

pjennings

I’m more than happy to stick with Mossy as our manager. However the Mariners have an opportunity here.

Arnie is recognised as a great promoter of youth and a very astute manager that is not averse to sharing his knowledge. I believe a lot of this comes from his experience / friendship with Guus who was always happy to share his knowledge and experience with Arnie. Mossy and Patrick both subscribe to the Arnie style (albeit with some tweaks by Mossy). Why not propagate the ‘Mariners Way’.

If Mike Charlesworth wants to broaden our appeal then installing Arnie as an overall Football Development Manager could be worthwhile. I’m sure that Arnie is good enough a man-manager to allow Mossy and Patrick their freedom while also being available for them as a sounding board.

However the approach would be instead of moving Mariner games to North Sydney why not expand the Mariners brand by expanding our coaching reach into the Northern Beaches as well as further down the North Shore and the Northern Suburbs. Mossy would still control the senior squad and Patrick the youth guys but Arnie could work with the Academy and expand their reach with similar structures tied with other clubs like Manly, Spirit and the Northern Tigers among others. The IFS is also looking to expand into Sydney, a continuing partnership with the IFS could also be tied to the ‘Mariners Way’.

To my mind this is an opportunity to build on Arnie’s reputation of promoting youth to cement and protect our position in NSW as a place that will reward youth and give them opportunities. The Wanderers success and even existence has dried up some of our sources for good youth players. We need to fight to retain and extend our appeal in this area.

eenfish

Some of the drivel I'm seeing on facebook and twitter, saying it his fault for not "doing his research." f**k off, clearly he was putting in the hard yards and was trying to make it work. I really want to know what Arnie did in the 90's/00's before I started following Aussie football to have offended so many people so much. Did he do something in his playing days? Is it cause he didn't win the Asian Cup with the NT? What was it?

sydmariner

Some of the drivel I'm seeing on facebook and twitter, saying it his fault for not "doing his research." f**k off, clearly he was putting in the hard yards and was trying to make it work. I really want to know what Arnie did in the 90's/00's before I started following Aussie football to have offended so many people so much. Did he do something in his playing days? Is it cause he didn't win the Asian Cup with the NT? What was it?
Well he was a player/coach @ northern spirit in their 1st season before he retired to concentrate on the roll of head coach but was driven out of the club for 2 reasons 1. He was driven out of the club by the fans cos of his arrogance towards the team (whitch even now I still cant forgive him over & the fact that he f****d up the national team whitch is why @ the start I was against him being our head coach) 2. After the end of season 1 of NS the clubs owners sold the club to a group of senior people within the club him,Robbie,Ian crook, mossy (I think) & they all lost thousands of $$$ & never got it back (even now!) so they all started to walk away from the club witch is how the club got into financial problems which eventually ended the club

eenfish

Well he was a player/coach @ northern spirit in their 1st season before he retired to concentrate on the roll of head coach but was driven out of the club for 2 reasons 1. He was driven out of the club by the fans cos of his arrogance towards the team (whitch even now I still cant forgive him over & the fact that he f****d up the national team whitch is why @ the start I was against him being our head coach) 2. After the end of season 1 of NS the clubs owners sold the club to a group of senior people within the club him,Robbie,Ian crook, mossy (I think) & they all lost thousands of $$$ & never got it back (even now!) so they all started to walk away from the club witch is how the club got into financial problems which eventually ended the club

Apart from the National team thing, I really don't see how that accounts for such a vast amount of people, not just North Sydney bitters, having such a strong opinion against him.

Big Al

gee I hope he teams up with ange for the world cup . even with our squad we'd have a tactical edge
few teams would be ready for. ooh my steal 4 points from our group and get through to the round of 16 would be legendary indeed
Interesting suggestion that has real merit. I doubt he would want to come back to the A League career wise but would like a pay check (probably a decent one to from SFC or Glory - Jets you can have some Tinkler shares no thanks).

Joining with Ange as a scout or some form of help would be a great benefit. As an assistant he'd be treading on the toes of people like Milic but would be great for Milic to learn off all of them.

Staying till the world cup would also allow him to pick up a job when teams sack managers in the off season in Europe or in Asia when they not doing well.

Would you appoint him knowing at the end of the pre-season a job offer will come & worse he'd want it. Just like us at the start of this year - Blades (now in FA Cup Semi's) then the Japs

gull

Seems to me like the Mariners may potentially be the losers in this situation.

We let him break a newly signed contract (admittedly they mean little these days) to go overseas and he takes our fitness coach and arguably best player with him.

Things don't work out so he now may return to the A league with another club to compete against us, when he had been under contract to us before he left....

I hope the Mariners were smart enough to have some sort of no compete clause when they released him.

While I'll always appreciate what he did for us I don't know how I would react should he return with a team to play against us. Somehow it just doesn't feel right.

Capt. Awesome

Seems to me like the Mariners may potentially be the losers in this situation.

We let him break a newly signed contract (admittedly they mean little these days) to go overseas and he takes our fitness coach and arguably best player with him.

Things don't work out so he now may return to the A league with another club to compete against us, when he had been under contract to us before he left....

I hope the Mariners were smart enough to have some sort of no compete clause when they released him.

While I'll always appreciate what he did for us I don't know how I would react should he return with a team to play against us. Somehow it just doesn't feel right.

Yes Mariners have a first right of refusal with Arnie. So lets hope they at least enforce that with Sydney and Newcastle.

yellowcake

I doubt he would want to come back to the A League career wise
The man himself says otherwise http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t-before-holiday/story-fnk6pqot-1226879277062
Particularly as he has seen it as a mission to "develop Australian kids"
For the record, I'll always cheer him at Gosford. Those 3 magic seasons will be a fond memory forever.
If it was as manager of the Jets though, I'd definitely have to renege on my "when you go, wherever you go will be my 2nd team in the world" pledge. And it's just stopped being Vegalta Sendai - just removed it from my "followed teams" on the Live Score Addicts app :mad:

Big Al

The man himself says otherwise http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t-before-holiday/story-fnk6pqot-1226879277062
Particularly as he has seen it as a mission to "develop Australian kids"
For the record, I'll always cheer him at Gosford. Those 3 magic seasons will be a fond memory forever.
If it was as manager of the Jets though, I'd definitely have to renege on my "when you go, wherever you go will be my 2nd team in the world" pledge. And it's just stopped being Vegalta Sendai - just removed it from my "followed teams" on the Live Score Addicts app :mad:
“I have missed the A-League. I wanted this challenge, had a bug to coach overseas. Whether I’ll go again or not, I don’t know, but it was a wonderful learning experience.

“I missed developing Australian kids the most, and I need the passion in my life.

“It can’t be just a job. I do want to come back and coach in the A-League, but for now I need to have a holiday and then see what happens.”

Wow - was chomping at the bit to go now can't wait to return - We could have just sent him on a holiday to japan in the pre-season - Extremely surprised he has given up so fast.

Well I think it would be unjust to demote or sack Moss so Arnie will be off to some high paying place like SFC.

Arnie with SFC's youth would be a little scary - Didn't they just win the NYL in a canter - Couple of players starting to push there way into that team now as well.

Not overly hurt if he coaches somewhere else but he certainly will not be exempt from some not so friendly insults.
If loosing hey Arnie Mossy's just over there if you need a game plan or some ideas.
Trent got your daughter we got your assistant you got the Jets/SFC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred