• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Arnie, you don't live here any more. Stay out of the pantry.

midfielder

People need to eat he will go somewhere.. and the only reason he did not go to the Flying Circus before was because he could not take his support staff... don't think the Jest can afford him and PG must be tempting but me thinks they are going to follow the same path AU took ...

Also perfect timing have a short break and there from day 1 re who is resigned and who is signed for whatever club he goes to.

dibo

Wow, you've got to be kidding. Six games to get the sack? That's incredible!! I wonder what was going on over there? Gotta be more to the story if he's getting cut that quickly. Feel pretty sorry for Arnie :/
I reckon his payout will get him something nice by the beach in Bronte for his new job in Sydney.

tsd

Has reportedly not taken a payout. Integrity.

He is a millionaire many times over, my punt would be on his choice being motivated by career options not $$$.

VicMariner

With relegation hanging over their heads Sendai don't have the same luxury Gombau has here. You have to hit the ground running.
Arnie achieved so much with so little here, it's a shame he didn't get the time to show his worth. It would have been good to see what he could do with a J-League budget.

Big Al

Would be a back word step to return to A league.

I wouldn't take him - His sights are set for overseas he'd be a very short term man in Oz.

Maybe the 3rd division in England ain't looking so bad Arnie.

Was Moss the brains? Someone else suggested elsewhere - What if it's true

Big Al

The World Game understands Arnold will be paid for the work he has done so far, having recommended to the club that any money it saves on a payout be used to help retain the services of fitness coach Andrew Clark.

It is believed that Clark is negotiating with the club while the future of on-loan players Michael McGlinchey and Danny Vukovic remains up in the air.

Big Al

I think Arnie has strong ideas but needs to maybe have some overseas success before overseas owners will trust him.

Basically saying a squad that almost won it & was pretty successful is to old. If they were bottom of the league they might be more open to his thoughts than when you are successful. Not many would take that gamble

eenfish

Would be a back word step to return to A league.

I wouldn't take him - His sights are set for overseas he'd be a very short term man in Oz.

Maybe the 3rd division in England ain't looking so bad Arnie.

Was Moss the brains? Someone else suggested elsewhere - What if it's true

It took nearly half a season before Moss started looking like he knew how to do a substitution properly. To be honest, Moss looked a little indecisive in gameplan and squad selection.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Vegalta , as near as I can tell, where never gonna Urawa red diamonds or Kashowa Antlers...BUT...four games !....f**k, this impatience in OS clubs both annoys and amuses me no end

midfielder

Reading the SBS article weeMac could return...

Berinne Kim weeMac ... bench Fitzy

with

Monty & Anthony behind ... bench Hutch

eenfish

WeeMac won't be back till next season… but that'd be great. Wee Mac in the middle, Fitzy and Kim on either side. That'd be one hell of a supply force for Dukey.

Big Al

It took nearly half a season before Moss started looking like he knew how to do a substitution properly. To be honest, Moss looked a little indecisive in gameplan and squad selection.
Took him a little while to put his big boys pants on the right way & the boys to adjust but been much much better over the last month or two

Roy Law

I think Gatty is saying that we have the right to refuse Arnie accepting the gig at Sydney FC :innocent:

Roy Law

Arnie knew the risk; he's a big boy. Typical of him to do the right thing and not take the money. Someone has already made the point that if we were to take Arnie back there is no guarantee he would stay for long. I think it is a little early in his career for him to be a Technical Director or a Director of anything at CCM. He is a coach. I prefer to let Mossy get on with the job.
Interesting that Arnie is trying to help Clarkey stay over there; Clarkey must be enjoying it.
McGlinchey back next year? Yes please. Although Mr Charlesworth may have been rubbing his hands counting the money
I think Arnie will kick back, be a guest on Fox from time to time, and frustrate his wife by being home too much ;)

dibo

Interesting... Gatty's saying that we've got first right of refusal on Arnie.

Would we want him back as coach?
That'd be very tough on Mossy. I think Moss has earned his right to the manager's seat, and consequently I really wouldn't begrudge Arnie going to Sydney. In fact, I think it'd be a great challenge for him to clean up that basketcase of a football department, and if he's successful it'd be the perfect prelude to the national job (which I'm sure he still covets). I don't think it's in either his or our interests to go backwards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred