• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2014 AFC Champions League

Jaundice

I thought WSW were lucky last night. Rarely saw them able to string three passes together, looking out of their depth to me. Guangzhou dominated but just couldnt put their numerous opportunities away. Congrats to them all the same, big effort whilst essentially still in pre season taking on a season hardened side with that payroll.

Im liking this rivalry thats developing between the two clubs, spices things up and could generate more interest in the ACL here.

EastCoast

I thought WSW were lucky last night. Rarely saw them able to string three passes together, looking out of their depth to me. Guangzhou dominated but just couldnt put their numerous opportunities away. Congrats to them all the same, big effort whilst essentially still in pre season taking on a season hardened side with that payroll.

Im liking this rivalry thats developing between the two clubs, spices things up and could generate more interest in the ACL here.

Extremely lucky. Particularly in the last 1/4 of the game where they conceded the 2 goals back due to tiring defenders. GE controlled all possession but that would be expected. GE is a league above (at most) what the HAL is. 2 of the GE imports would be worth more than the average HAL team.. but WSW stuck it out, and won an ugly game - albeit on away goals.. which is football!
Additionally, GE are a powerhouse in China. Their current record has them 10+ points clear of 2nd spot with 20+ goal difference.

Anyway, I think the successes of ANY HAL team should be welcomed. It puts us on the map of world football.. more exposure, more interest, more development, more players.

nearlyyellow

40 mins. Nil all FC Seoul vs. WSW.
FC Seoul look sharp! :)
Hard to barrack for the side in red and black because they are WSW colours, but it's reversed tonight. :confused:

Wombat

The drive bys were outclassed but the Koreans decision making in the final third was pathetic and that kept Wsw in the game.
I would expect Seoul to win in Parra from what I saw.

true believer

The drive bys were outclassed but the Koreans decision making in the final third was pathetic and that kept Wsw in the game.
I would expect Seoul to win in Parra from what I saw.

I think your dreaming. RBB did real well . the Koreans failed to take the bull by the horns in their backyard .
with juric and santa -red-neck back . the Koreans will get cained

nearlyyellow

At times WSW played 4-6 in the box close to the goal mouth when defending. :eek: It was effective but boy was it ugly! A wall, almost. And imho it leaves open accidental touches into goal, such is the confusion sometimes in there.
:soapbox: WSW were also pretty damn physical, again! I think they lead a charmed life when it comes to :yellowcard: and :redcard: . It's going to happen to them, and probably at a vital time in a game, and then we'll see all sorts of whingeing and accusations. :naughty:

Last edited:

midfielder

I hope the Drive Bys win the whole thing it would be good for Football and the A-League and that can't be a bad thing.

nearlyyellow

I hope the Drive Bys win the whole thing it would be good for Football and the A-League and that can't be a bad thing.
I agree with your latter sentiments, but I will *never* support WSW.
And remember Seoul FC have only to draw in Australia to tip WSW out because of their superior away goal ratio in the comp.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred