• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Your first Mariners game?

Tassiemariner

My first game was Round 13 of season 1 down at Olympic park, Melbourne.
2-0 win and from memory Heffernan scored a 20 yard drive right in front of where i was sitting.
Also distinctly remember there were about 11 or so 'marinators' standing, singing in the pooring rain with 9 security guards policing you :D

BAD BULLZ

Perth v1 we won 4 nil in pouring rain. Before that i was against professional football  (even tho i loved playing it for 13yrs  prior)as like alot of other codes fans i thought the players were soft with all the diving. my mate dragged me along i wasn't keen we went into kendall i brought a v.1 marinator top got rather pissed talked to jimmy as he's the only other guy i new . I think it was heffs apprieciation day or something.
When we got to the game my mate left 16 as it was "to wet" i stayed trying to sing along and havent missed a home game since that i was in the state/country for.
I was addicted from the moment i walked in the kendall.

Hagar the Horrible

BAD BULLZ said:
Perth v1 we won 4 nil in pouring rain. Before that i was against professional football  (even tho i loved playing it for 13yrs  prior)as like alot of other codes fans i thought the players were soft with all the diving. my mate dragged me along i wasn't keen we went into kendall i brought a v.1 marinator top got rather pissed talked to jimmy as he's the only other guy i new . I think it was heffs apprieciation day or something.
When we got to the game my mate left 16 as it was "to wet" i stayed trying to sing along and havent missed a home game since that i was in the state/country for.
I was addicted from the moment i walked in the kendall.
I was greeted with "It's Auburn Mariner with hair" on walking into the Kendall that day.

Wombat

FFC Mariner said:
1st World Club Champ game

If only I could remember who we played...

Adelaide 4-0 or the scum penalty win?

Both great games.  The Jets game came first I think.

My daughter sledged Ange about his hair (i think that was a mid week game) and he gave her a suprised look to see a cute little blond 9-10 yo old taking the piss. 4.0 win was sweet game and we were awesome.  The crowd was very small and we sat in the front row.

My first ever game was pre-season cup against Jets and I was very pleasantly surprised by our speed and movement. I think that was the first time we ever played at BT or whatever it was called then.

tuftman

Wombat said:
tuftman said:
The washout vs SFC, then the 5-4 epic where my first

Wow...what a debut game!!!

What did u make of it?

I had no idea what to expect, then I saw the crowd just kept growing and growing and thought 'this might be a little bit of alright'  2 hours later I walked out of Bluetongue absolutely gobsmacked at what I'd seen, and heard(from memory the crowd was 17k? Correct me if I'm wrong). Was just unbelievable

Wombat

YEP that game was unbelievable.

I saw a mate (I used to do Muay Thai training with) at that game.  I was suprised to see him there as I knew he was a League fan who knew nothing about Football.  He was there with a few mates and they were loving it.
I asked him what he was doing there and he said..." this is the best Football game i've ever been to and it pisses all over league".

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
ummm....the pre season of season one...went down to BT to check it out and was almost immediatedly a member of Gumps and Sully's fan clubs...cant even tell you the game..too much bourbon and wacky pain pills since then

serious14

tuftman said:
Wombat said:
tuftman said:
The washout vs SFC, then the 5-4 epic where my first

Wow...what a debut game!!!

What did u make of it?

I had no idea what to expect, then I saw the crowd just kept growing and growing and thought 'this might be a little bit of alright'  2 hours later I walked out of Bluetongue absolutely gobsmacked at what I'd seen, and heard(from memory the crowd was 17k? Correct me if I'm wrong). Was just unbelievable

Nah chief, that game was full.  High 19 000's.

dibo

Yeah there were. The upper decks of each stand down the southern end had spare seats.

Atomic

My seat was empty. The Old Girl dragged me off to a wedding. I couldn't believe the txt updates I was getting during the reception... other guests must have thought I was on medication with the brief moments of euphoria, followed by the devastating lows.

Needless to say, that was the last time I let a social event override a football match AND I also dont talk to the bride anymore as she gives me the shits so the whole exercise was a complete waste of time

goingtoadisco

marinermick said:
Jesus said:
the initial CWC double header at bluey, think sydney played bris, and we played newy

this for me too

enduring drunken memory of the penalty of clarky hitting the post and rebounding off the back of reddy into the net - still plays in slow motion in my mind

heff scoring the winning penalty and taking his shirt off - first we knew of heff

+1

Not the first national Laague game i ever attended. Im sure i remember my dad taking me to Bluetongue to watch a game against Parra or maybe the wolves (assuming Northern spirt were playing). Can anyone clarify if this ever happend ?

Gopher of Pern

Think my first game was in v2, but I don't remember it. Went to a few games in season 3, then took Ranyen to the 5-4 Sydney game. That turned both of us into die-hards, and been to every game since! It was also the first time I sat near the Marinators.

Blackadder

dibo said:
first game was the CWC double header, but i must say the NZ game where we were hoiking that massive inflatable shark at the cameraman up on the tower was f**king hilarious.

+1 for the good times of the Bay

First CWC game was my first game at Express Advocate.

Hagar the Horrible

goingtoadisco said:
Not the first national Laague game i ever attended. Im sure i remember my dad taking me to Bluetongue to watch a game against Parra or maybe the wolves (assuming Northern spirt were playing). Can anyone clarify if this ever happend ?
Could it have been the match that Clarky scored an brace in for Canberra in 2000?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb