• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Your first Mariners game?

Fathers day, first home game season 1 sitting there confused as to what was going on as wasnt a soccer fan but bro who talked me into membership couldnt make game as it was fathers day  lol

Hagar the Horrible

My first match was the trial against the Central Coast combined team at Pluim Park.

My second match (and my first HAL match) was Sonic Appreciation Day in the pouring rain against Perth.

marinermick

Deej said:
marinermick said:
Jesus said:
the initial CWC double header at bluey, think sydney played bris, and we played newy

this for me too

enduring drunken memory of the penalty of clarky hitting the post and rebounding off the back of reddy into the net - still plays in slow motion in my mind

heff scoring the winning penalty and taking his shirt off - first we knew of heff

Same here, can you remember which scummer missed? Hit the bar didn't it? Or am I just remembering SP missing in PSC V2 vs Adelaide?

milicic?

Ursus

kevrenor said:
Pre-Club World Championship trial game at Christie Park vs Gladesville Spirit FC. 
Crowd: Ursus, Ben Coonan, and me as I recall.

First ever Mariners' game. Although I never saw him apparently Auburn Mariner was there as well.

Atomic

My first Mariners experience was my first football game EVER!

It was the CWC against the scum, the one with the penalty shootout. I remember taking the Old Girl and a friend's daughter. I figured that the Central Coast finally had a team in a national competition and it was up to locals like myself to go and support them.

In regards to Durante's broken leg (I think that was the player), I was brought up on a diet of rugby league and I recall saying to the Old Girl that unless these sissies stop faking their injuries, this game will never catch on here on the Coast. I feel a bit humble now knowing the guy had broken his leg.

It wasn't the best game to watch from a novice's point of view as I found it quiet boring. During extra time I was hoping someone would score, be it us or them, so we could go home. As it turns out, I was glad we won the shoot out.

I went to a few games during season 1 as a casual observer still with the idea that it was up to locals like me to support the Coast in a national comp. As the season went on, it all started to make sense to me and I started to become obsessed about MY team. So much so that I bought a membership in season 2. After the Old Girl realised how much fun I was having during season 2, she insisted on joining me in V3 - oh well.. so much for the fun aspect... lol.

Finally, it wasn't only the team that drew my interest but it was also the supporters. I was amazed at how such a diverse group of people would come together as one. I used to get a tingle when walking into the Kendall for a pre game sherbert and seeing all the yellow. Better still, walking into the KB, even better still, walking into the KB after a victory (or even a 3-3 draw).

The saying "Mariners till I die" is true for me. I hate Newcastle and even get annoyed when I see a copy of the Newcastle Herald on the tea room table of a morning. I just want to throw that piece of shit in the bin. Beating them in the 2nd leg of the semi was the highlight, losing to them in the GF and having to work with Newcastle band wagonners was a definite low light. Anyway, that's my story... to be continued till I die :)

LFCMariners

Atomic said:
My first Mariners experience was my first football game EVER!

It was the CWC against the scum, the one with the penalty shootout. I remember taking the Old Girl and a friend's daughter. I figured that the Central Coast finally had a team in a national competition and it was up to locals like myself to go and support them.

In regards to Durante's broken leg (I think that was the player), I was brought up on a diet of rugby league and I recall saying to the Old Girl that unless these sissies stop faking their injuries, this game will never catch on here on the Coast. I feel a bit humble now knowing the guy had broken his leg.

It wasn't the best game to watch from a novice's point of view as I found it quiet boring. During extra time I was hoping someone would score, be it us or them, so we could go home. As it turns out, I was glad we won the shoot out.

I went to a few games during season 1 as a casual observer still with the idea that it was up to locals like me to support the Coast in a national comp. As the season went on, it all started to make sense to me and I started to become obsessed about MY team. So much so that I bought a membership in season 2. After the Old Girl realised how much fun I was having during season 2, she insisted on joining me in V3 - oh well.. so much for the fun aspect... lol.

Finally, it wasn't only the team that drew my interest but it was also the supporters. I was amazed at how such a diverse group of people would come together as one. I used to get a tingle when walking into the Kendall for a pre game sherbert and seeing all the yellow. Better still, walking into the KB, even better still, walking into the KB after a victory (or even a 3-3 draw).

The saying "Mariners till I die" is true for me. I hate Newcastle and even get annoyed when I see a copy of the Newcastle Herald on the tea room table of a morning. I just want to throw that piece of shit in the bin. Beating them in the 2nd leg of the semi was the highlight, losing to them in the GF and having to work with Newcastle band wagonners was a definite low light. Anyway, that's my story... to be continued till I die :)

Wonder where they've all gone now? Typial Scummers...

Arabmariner

FFC Mariner said:
Jesus said:
Arabmariner said:
Got tanked 5-1 at home v Sydney in V1.Beauchamp got sent off early on.

It's amazing I'm still here !!

Soft send off too

Wasnt it ever - almost as bad as Danny's send off in the 5-4 game
Beauchamps sending off gave me the shits and I got really fired up after that.Up to that point I didn't really see CCM as my team I was just there as a casual observer.

I've hated the flying circus ever since.

LFCMariners

I've never really hated SFC. I love beating them because they're the "glamour club", the media darlings from down the F3 and their fans think its' their God-given right to win the League/ Grand Final every season.

The Jets I didn't really hate in Season 1, in fact I felt kind of sorry for their pitiful support, esp. when we played them at EAS in the semi and out-numbered/ out-sang them. I figured a lot of the hatred was do with the fact they were our "local" rivals. It wasn't really until Season 2 when their bandwagon swelled and I began to see what a bunch of foul-mouthed, common, knuckle-dragging bunch of wannabee ultras their fanbase was that I began to feel hatred towards them. That and a certain ex- player of theirs who wore the number 9.

I wouldn't say I hate GCU, but their Sydney-esque "It is our divine right to win everything" attitude and their constant whining (from players, staff and fans) is beginning to shit me, as is that whingeing little prick Culina. I haven't hated a player in the League so much since that ex Newcastle number 9.

Deej

Lisarow Yellow (Pooley) said:
V.1 the first home game agaisnt the victory. not 100% sure what the score was, i think it was a draw.

we lost 2-1, Heff opened the scoring and they scored 2 in the second half I think.

Deej

Grunta said:
CWC game vs Scum for me too. Remember the fence breaking in front of bay16 after the shootout when everyone rushed to the front?

Wasn't that PSC vs Perth?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred