• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Your first Mariners game?

LFCMariners

When was it? Mine was January 8, 2006, against the Knights at Bluetongue (although I think it was still called Express Advocate Stadium at the time). We won 1-0 and it was pissing down with rain, although my mates and I were sheltered under the Eastern Grandstand. I remember looking over at the Marinators chanting in Bay 16 and tossing a beach-ball about and thinking they were crazy to be out there in such weather! I've still got the ticket from that match somewhere...

kevrenor

Pre-Club World Championship trial game at Christie Park vs Gladesville Spirit FC. 
Crowd: Ursus, Ben Coonan, and me as I recall.

radar

I have vague memories of sitting where the away bay is now sometime during V.1 or 2

specifics escape me

FFC Mariner

1st World Club Champ game

If only I could remember who we played...

Adelaide 4-0 or the scum penalty win?

dru

The penalty shoot out against Newcastle. literally that was all I saw of that game as I had to work that night. came tearing in to the Bay for the start of it.

Full game probably mid week adelaide game. Although who knows if there was a trial game I made before that. to long ago.

FFC Mariner

I turned up for the v 1st scum game - was sitting about halfway and saw Nik hammer that scum Durante.

glen006

I don't usually comment on here, but that 1-0 win over the Knights was my favourite ever Bluetongue experience. I rushed from work along the F3 in the pouring rain and sung my guts out for 90 minutes with the rest of bay 16 (keeping in mind I was overseas for the premiership winning season)

dibo

first game was the CWC double header, but i must say the NZ game where we were hoiking that massive inflatable shark at the cameraman up on the tower was f**king hilarious.

marinermick

Jesus said:
the initial CWC double header at bluey, think sydney played bris, and we played newy

this for me too

enduring drunken memory of the penalty of clarky hitting the post and rebounding off the back of reddy into the net - still plays in slow motion in my mind

heff scoring the winning penalty and taking his shirt off - first we knew of heff

nero

mariners4ever said:
my one would be the world club championship game at bluetongue, i also think i have that ticket somewhere as well
The game against Newcastle, I think it was a wednesday night?

MagpieMariner

4th August 2007, pre-season cup against Glory. We lost 2-3 and I thought we played crap, but it was exciting at the finish and I was hooked.

Deej

marinermick said:
Jesus said:
the initial CWC double header at bluey, think sydney played bris, and we played newy

this for me too

enduring drunken memory of the penalty of clarky hitting the post and rebounding off the back of reddy into the net - still plays in slow motion in my mind

heff scoring the winning penalty and taking his shirt off - first we knew of heff

Same here, can you remember which scummer missed? Hit the bar didn't it? Or am I just remembering SP missing in PSC V2 vs Adelaide?

Chimmi

Hmmm standing on the stairs of a crowded bay 16 with Bec in V1 playing against sydney (3-0 I think) and falling even further in love with the game :D .... Not sure but I don't think I've missed a full "home" game since.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami