• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Yorke close to signing with the Mariners

FFC Mariner

striker #9 said:
I see Ahmed as left right out.

How prudent was his selection?  I wonder what/who influenced McKinna to select this player over keeping Gumprech.  imo Gumprecht is far better.

Thats 2 of us with the opinion the AE might backfire on us. Hope he proves us wrong.

S

striker

Greenpoleffc said:
striker #9 said:
I see Ahmed as left right out.

How prudent was his selection?  I wonder what/who influenced McKinna to select this player over keeping Gumprech.  imo Gumprecht is far better.

Thats 2 of us with the opinion the AE might backfire on us. Hope he proves us wrong.

e.g.  Fullham FC

skilbeck

i disagree, Ahmad has been a socceroo previously and he has the potential to be one again. he has just been plagued by bad career choices and injuries. But Lawrie should be able to reverse his form slump. Ive said it before and ill say it again, both Ahmad and Caceres cant be too far off a league socceroo caps if their careers and time with the mariners both go according to plan

Kareem

may i remind every1 here...how many players would have done better than AE at Fulham...
Kwansik- def not
Hutcho- no
Pond- maybe...has a few qualities that r good for english game
Caceres- No
Jedinak- I'm gonna say time will tell- i think he has it in him (and he is the best prospect out of the lot)
So I think you guys should keep that in mind when talking about his failure at Fulham.

bikinigirl

skilbeck said:
bikinigirl said:
skilbeck said:
a league socceroo caps

. oxymoron?

. don't you mean a-league socceroos training camp  ;)

yeah but pim is mixing it up for singapore

. i had that in mind too when i posted - but on the face of it, it seems to have more to do with the olympics than any serious socceroos matches

. happy to see the pimster start playing a few more a-leaguers though - hardly motivation for the likes of troisi to consider the a-league as it stands

P

Pete

skilbeck said:
Not particularly keen on the Beauchamp rumors. IMO that would be a massive slap in the face for Boogaard, who is our rising star of last season. If we get a new CB/RB it would have to be a player that is behind Boogaard and Osman in the pecking order and therefore would be a young cheap player with potential

Sorry Skilbeck, but that logic seems wrong to me, mate.

Are you saying that if someone of Beauchamp's ability came across the Board table at the Mariners, they should say "No, we have Boogs and we won't sign anyone who has more experience than him or would be more 'senior' to Boogs."?

Hell what you are saying is that if, hypothetically, Beauchamp, Lucas Neill's, Patrick Kisnorbo's (or any other current Socceroo defender) name did come under the spotlight, we should refuse talks with them out of fear it would put Boog's nose out of joint in some perceived 'pecking' order within the club's squad roster? And instead try and find a younger, less experienced player as they come cheap. You do realise you get what you pay for?

Boogs has been exceptional for the Mariners this season, and he has well and trully shaken the woes of the previous two seasons.

It would be positively mouth watering if we could match Boogs up with any current Socceroos defender.  And I don't see how young Nigel would not relish the opportunity to play alongside such quality and senior players. There's always something he could learn.

FFC Mariner

Kareem said:
may i remind every1 here...how many players would have done better than AE at Fulham...
Kwansik- def not
Hutcho- no
Pond- maybe...has a few qualities that r good for english game
Caceres- No
Jedinak- I'm gonna say time will tell- i think he has it in him (and he is the best prospect out of the lot)
So I think you guys should keep that in mind when talking about his failure at Fulham.

Mate, Fulham supporters dont tend to be too harsh as to ability, but they are brutal on attitude. Lazy, arrogant were 2 of the nicer adjectives used.

Kareem

i dont like fulham personally and I dont really give a crap wat their fans say!
But I would like to highligh the difference bwteen EPL and A-league!!!

Omni

Spud said:
skilbeck said:
Not particularly keen on the Beauchamp rumors. IMO that would be a massive slap in the face for Boogaard, who is our rising star of last season. If we get a new CB/RB it would have to be a player that is behind Boogaard and Osman in the pecking order and therefore would be a young cheap player with potential

Are you saying that if someone of Beauchamp's ability came across the Board table at the Mariners, they should say "No, we have Boogs and we won't sign anyone who has more experience than him or would be more 'senior' to Boogs."?

Hell what you are saying is that if, hypothetically, Beauchamp, Lucas Neill's, Patrick Kisnorbo's (or any other current Socceroo defender) name did come under the spotlight, we should refuse talks with them out of fear it would put Boog's nose out of joint in some perceived 'pecking' order within the club's squad roster? And instead try and find a younger, less experienced player as they come cheap. You do realise you get what you pay for?

Boogs has been exceptional for the Mariners this season, and he has well and trully shaken the woes of the previous two seasons.

It would be positively mouth watering if we could match Boogs up with any current Socceroos defender.  And I don't see how young Nigel would not relish the opportunity to play alongside such quality and senior players. There's always something he could learn.

I agree, why would we bother getting someone inferior who won't push for selection, unless we needed another Under 20 in our squad? Should only spend money on improving the squad it's a waste to buy an inferior player, especially given Boogaard is already one for the future.

skilbeck

Omni said:
Spud said:
skilbeck said:

I agree, why would we bother getting someone inferior who won't push for selection, unless we needed another Under 20 in our squad? Should only spend money on improving the squad it's a waste to buy an inferior player, especially given Boogaard is already one for the future.

Out of the positions we need to fill, I reckon a CB should take the lowest priority atm though, attacking midfielder, striker and possibly goalkeeper would be the ones we need to fill first. and I would be worried that Boogaard would be relegated back to the bench, instead of getting some much needed game time except if anyone was to be injured or suspended. Because Wilko in the starting lineup at CB would be a given as Lawrie seems to prefer him there and so would Meggsy and that means Boogs would be battling with Osman for gametime in a position that is not his best. I just reckon any marquee dollars would be better spent filling positions of higher priority

FFC Mariner

Kareem said:
i dont like fulham personally and I dont really give a crap wat their fans say!
But I would like to highligh the difference bwteen EPL and A-league!!!

I debated what sort of answer to give to this reasoned post but..............................nah, too easy

S

striker

I have no particular affiliation with FFC, but I like David Healy.  Maybe he'd be an asset for the Mariners?

Kareem

wats wronjg with my answer...
I dont trust wat people sayin about him.
I just think it was one step too far for him. It happens.
If Kwasnik went over there he would be stuffed....so would Hutcho etc.
there is obviously a major difference between us and Fulham. I dont mind takin in their rejects...while we are at it I would like to take a few Man Utd and Madrid rejects! :vhappy:

S

striker

Kareem... further to your point 3 - imo no a-league player at this stage has the fitness or stamina to compete in any team in the EPL or even Championship.

Most a-league players can't last past 21 weeks... imaging what they'd be like after about 50+ games in a season?

Omni

striker #9 said:
I have no particular affiliation with FFC, but I like David Healy.  Maybe he'd be an asset for the Mariners?

As a Leeds fan, no, he can't score for his club!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred