• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Yorke close to signing with the Mariners

S

soccersensei

Hmmm, I'm actually wondering about Troisi... I know I know... but Pim's comments the other day about how the most important thing for this young player is that he's playing football and getting game time and that it doesn't matter if your at Newcastle, if your not playing...

Ursus

I would not like to start a rumor but I heard that Liverpool are unlikely to sign Harry next year.

Jesus

Jesus
soccersensei said:
Hmmm, I'm actually wondering about Troisi... I know I know... but Pim's comments the other day about how the most important thing for this young player is that he's playing football and getting game time and that it doesn't matter if your at Newcastle, if your not playing...

He should be able to get a gig abroad with more cash

skilbeck

Not particularly keen on the Beauchamp rumors. IMO that would be a massive slap in the face for Boogaard, who is our rising star of last season. If we get a new CB/RB it would have to be a player that is behind Boogaard and Osman in the pecking order and therefore would be a young cheap player with potential

Kareem

ahmad elrich?
the winger come striker
not winger come defender (maybe thinkin of Tarek)
elrich would be similar if not worse than Owens atr RB IMO

S

striker

Jesus said:
elrich could play as a right wingback. No doubts in my mind.

don't you think he's a bit slow for a wingback?  - compare him to Heff.

or hopefully he'll be able to regain fitness?

Kareem

1- wingback is a bit different to right back.
2- still have a few reserves about that...he is too good an attacking option to be wasted at wingback- he needs to get forward without that much defensive responsibilities.

Kareem

His speed aint gonna be the problem. He would be possibly fastest after Heff...my problems are just a waste and not to mention his lack of defensive ability and how much of a waste it would be of his attacking skills (need him closer to goal)

S

striker

I see Ahmed as left right out.

How prudent was his selection?  I wonder what/who influenced McKinna to select this player over keeping Gumprech.  imo Gumprecht is far better.

Kareem

I would like to consider wing back. IMO this would be the best thing for Osman (but I question whether he is fast enough).

----------GK---------
---Boog--Beachamp/other CB)----Wilko
Osman------Jedinak--------Heff
----elrich-----------caceres------
------Sasho------Mrdja

Maybe a bit thin in centre (no hutcho) btu if Mrdja gets injured we can put hutcho back
Or if not enough in centre of park take Sasho off and put Hutcho in centre

Kareem

striker #9 said:

How prudent was his selection?  I wonder what/who influenced McKinna to select this player over keeping Gumprech.  imo Gumprecht is far better.
Australian caps. Previous glimpses of his ability at Parramatta. Potential (still 2 years until typical peak age of 28)(Gumprecht is headin opposite way).
Speed (something we genuinely lacked).

dibo

Kareem said:
striker #9 said:

Australian caps. Previous glimpses of his ability at Parramatta. Potential (still 2 years until typical peak age of 28)(Gumprecht is headin opposite way).
Speed (something we genuinely lacked).

shhhhh!

facts have no place in debates about gumprecht. ;)

Kareem

i love gumprecht as much as the next person but his time is getting on.
Although I majorly disagreed with Mckinna (sad but true) that Owens started ahead of Gumprecht in final...
I mean there is place for Gumprecht in squad (actually i dunno how much money we got left in salary cap) but I acknowledge that Gumprecht maybe deserves to be better than a squad player- sad but he seems to be a victim of our ambition!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred