• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

WORST Mariner player ever ( this could get ugly)

pjennings

Porter loved the club (and Lawrie) and would walk over broken glass to play for the club. IMO anyone with that attitude should not be considered.

Rowdy

:rolleyes:
Never ceases to amaze me how some analyse a player who's actually half decent to be absolute shite.

Rowdy

'Chicken' was asked and played in every position BUT his actual preferred ..... a ball playing DM that joined the attack.

IF you ever saw him play for the old CC United -> CC Lightning (in CCM off-season with Kwas, Simon & others) back then in NPL1, you would of been treated to him pulling the strings in Midfield, great vision in constantly finding the space of where to attack coupled with great passing.

A true Box to Box Midfielder, with an absolute engine.
* Holds the CCM record for a 'Beep Test' that hasn't been beaten since, as far I know.

Never given the chance @ CCM to reach his full potential coming straight from the AIS & Olyroo's.
- I clearly remember Arnie fcuked him over in an away game up @ the Scumdome.

Put him at CB at the last minute without any prep and he coughed up a bad error playing out to the RB who pushed up too much, intercepted resulting in a goal.

He was subbed & shattered to say the least.

Incurred a major knee njury (the exact same one as Kwas), ended his career way too early. Shame really.

Oh ....... & was born & bred on the Central Fcuking Coast ..... thats why :
Porter loved the club (and Lawrie) and would walk over broken glass to play for the club.

Wombat

Porter was half decent in the Mids and I remember him and Gumps coming on together as 2nd half subs (Lawrie was being screamed at by the crowd to bring on Gumpy) and the pair of them were on fire and we scored 2 quick goals.
However, we played him at RB and CB and here he was absolute shite.

Certainly not the worst ......but probably in the top 20.

I also remember talking to an ex Coasties player who thought he was the luckiest man alive to get a HAL contract.....but that may have been jealousy.

localpom

Subject of intense debate last night but we reckoned Trott was worse as he had half decent defence in front of him
Pearce isn't up to it but not at Trott levels
Have to wonder why BK wasn't playing. If nothing else he would have added experience to a young side.

Michael

Porter loved the club (and Lawrie) and would walk over broken glass to play for the club. IMO anyone with that attitude should not be considered.

Haven’t checked this thread in awhile but this is absolutely bang on.
Both Porter and Kwas absolutely love the club to this day and are extremely frustrated and sad at the way it’s being run.

No doubt Porter would still be at the club playing right now had injury not cut him down.

He was extremely highly rated by every coach and player he played with and under.

I remember when he was forced to retire and how highly Arnie spoke of him.

I was very lucky to play under Brad and Kwas for a few years at kanwal and they are so incredibly intelligent and committed to local footy. I learnt more in those 4 seasons than the other 17 I’ve played. And they still cop shit from other clubs/coaches/players. But that just sums up the football intelligence levels of many on the coast. They’ve completely changed the grade squad there for the better.
With Brad even back playing and killing it.
(Kwas played the first game of last season against woy woy and scored around 5 goals.)

This is a great thread, because we’ve had many honking bad players over the years, but Porter should never be in the discussion.

greenlig

Haven’t checked this thread in awhile but this is absolutely bang on.
Both Porter and Kwas absolutely love the club to this day and are extremely frustrated and sad at the way it’s being run.

No doubt Porter would still be at the club playing right now had injury not cut him down.

He was extremely highly rated by every coach and player he played with and under.

I remember when he was forced to retire and how highly Arnie spoke of him.

I was very lucky to play under Brad and Kwas for a few years at kanwal and they are so incredibly intelligent and committed to local footy. I learnt more in those 4 seasons than the other 17 I’ve played. And they still cop shit from other clubs/coaches/players. But that just sums up the football intelligence levels of many on the coast. They’ve completely changed the grade squad there for the better.
With Brad even back playing and killing it.
(Kwas played the first game of last season against woy woy and scored around 5 goals.)

This is a great thread, because we’ve had many honking bad players over the years, but Porter should never be in the discussion.
You have my sword...

pjennings

I would like to nominate Adam Pearce.

As others have said Trott probably shades him since he had a decent defence in front of him.

Pinklady has said Pearce has looked good at NPL2 level. Maybe that is his level. Someone told me that he is late to the keeping ranks having been a striker. There are some people that come late to keeping and make it - but very few. The next step up may be a step too far. Things happen that little bit faster than in NPL2 or even the NPL. Things that a keeper does naturally from years of honing those skills may not come as easily to him and split seconds count.

I really have not seen anything from him that has convinced me he can make the grade and l was very surprised when he was announced for the squad this year. Seeing Covic at Rockdale and Oldfield at Avondale (neither who would have been that expensive) makes you wonder why we jumped in so quickly for him.

Wombat

Are you joking?
One is a proven failure. The other is trying to make his mark at a low level.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Well technically Bolt ain’t a player yet ..but yeah he was shite as for Pearce, he must be blackmailing somebody to keep a job at this level

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred