• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

WORST Mariner player ever ( this could get ugly)

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
righto then , worst player ever to wear the colors of the Coast and he doesn’t have to be inside the last 3 years, reasons if you feel so obliged
Here’s mine
Nicky Travis, Malike mane, Shane Huke, Marcel Seip, John Sutton, Kim Seong Young, Richard Vernes and finally ...Anthony Caceres

Proceed

sydmariner

Disco boy (I blame pulse), That F*****g c**t readdy,odonovan,fatty,tavares,malick mane hoole & kenneddy.

priorpeter

Do they have to have actually played senior minutes (a la Michael Baird) or nah (a la Jon Brown or Wolry Wolfe)?

Wombat

Travis was one of the most talented but an absolute cock.

Baird was bad. The big CB bloke with the tight shorts was bad. Vuko the 2 game fullback was bad. Noel spencer was pretty bad. Jamie McMaster was a joke. Brad Porter was incredibly lucky to get more than a few games. Heaps more....let me ponder.

Woollybutt

I'm breaking mine down into categories. For worst non-playing Mariners Wolry Wolfe and Dez Giraldi are honourable mentions, but I'll go with Andrea Merenda, just because I remember watching him walk through a youth team game with his hands on his knees. For worst imports, Faty, Tavares, Mane, Vernes, Asdrubal, Kim, and Seip would be my shortlist. It's hard to pick from that lot, but I'll give it to Faty for the sheer ineptitude of his debut. There are plenty of contenders for most frustratingly poor - Baird, Pellegrino, Heffernan, Brent Griffiths, Stella, Trott, Van Stratten - but Baird wins it for me. My overall award for a player who was out of his depth and never should have been near the first team of a professional club goes to Tom Slater.

I did have a soft spot for some of the failures though. Tomasevic, Rizzo, McClenahan, Huke, and Sutton spring to mind as players I quite liked, despite their various limitations. Jamie McMaster and Greg Owens too, though they were better than the others. I remember being absolutely convinced that Sutton would be a superb striker for us, he just needed more time. It's probably a good thing I wasn't on here to voice that opinion then. John Sutton wasn't the best hill to die on.

BrisRecky

Ooh ooh...that chump from the Gold Coast with the tight daks...Umm, umm, you know. I know I absolutely hated him , enough to block him in my memory apparently...and yeh Faty was a lot terrible

nebakke

Ooh ooh...that chump from the Gold Coast with the tight daks...Umm, umm, you know. I know I absolutely hated him , enough to block him in my memory apparently...and yeh Faty was a lot terrible

Clive Palmer never played for us! :overheadl:

JOHN F*****G SUTTON!!! - I don't care if he fluked us into finals /topic

marinermick

I thought Zac Anderson was decent at times.

By far not our worst player.

Wombat

Trott was a disaster. McClenehan was terribly washed up when we got him.
Ahmad Elrich (the shit brother) and Pellers were both terrible.

But the one guy who really was below State League standard was Tom Slater.

Woollybutt

Ahmad Elrich tore it up in the first Socceroos game I ever went to as a kid. It must have been when he was at Fulham but he immediately became my second favourite player (after Stephen Warnock...). I went on and on about him for ages after that, wishing he'd sign for the Mariners. Then he came back to the A-League and scored that brilliant goal against us for Wellington, which I spent weeks trying to recreate after training, and I was over the moon when he signed for us. He ended up being pretty terrible, but I don't think I've ever wanted things to go right for a guy as much as I did for Elrich those two seasons. I was probably the last Ahmad Elrich fan outside his family, but as bad as he played I was still gutted when we released him. I think you just always have a soft spot for your childhood heroes. It was good to see he's sorted himself out now.

marinermick

Ahmad Elrich tore it up in the first Socceroos game I ever went to as a kid. It must have been when he was at Fulham but he immediately became my second favourite player (after Stephen Warnock...). I went on and on about him for ages after that, wishing he'd sign for the Mariners. Then he came back to the A-League and scored that brilliant goal against us for Wellington, which I spent weeks trying to recreate after training, and I was over the moon when he signed for us. He ended up being pretty terrible, but I don't think I've ever wanted things to go right for a guy as much as I did for Elrich those two seasons. I was probably the last Ahmad Elrich fan outside his family, but as bad as he played I was still gutted when we released him. I think you just always have a soft spot for your childhood heroes. It was good to see he's sorted himself out now.

And a nicer bloke you will never meet. Always had time for a friendly chat.

bikinigirl

. funny you should say that ... my earliest memory of Elrich in a Mariners shirt was a pre-season friendly at Pluim where he was swearing at and yelling abuse at the poor linesman who looked all of about 12 years old

. so i never had the impression he was a nice bloke

You could probably add Ian McAndrew to that list.

. i'm surprised this one has got more mention as it was one of the first names to pop in my head ... an example of a young kid that thought he had made it but wasn't prepared to work - he may have suited our team the last couple seasons

Ozhammer

Anderson for mine, lovely guy but just the scariest CB we have ever had imo (Faty would be right on his shoulder though). His impersonation of a statue when opposition strikers used to run at him was very convincing and I have honestly never seen a player lean sooooo far back when striking a football, he was almost horizontal at times! But at least he did score a cracking og at Perth! ;)

Woollybutt

I was too shy to ever talk to him when he was here, so I'm glad to hear that. I can see why there'd be two sides to him though, as Bikini Girl suggested. Other than his choice of clubs, Tarek has always seemed like a good bloke, and he worshipped his brothers, but I get the impression Ahmad always had a lot of demons.

BrisRecky

ZAC FKN ANDERSON !!!!...thats him , sure Mick he had moments...but mostly he didnt :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred