• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

World Cup qualifying- Europe preview

FFC Mariner

Do we need a Scottish hooligans thread?

Quite a hall of fame there sport

Scotland's hall of shame

Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor are the latest players to be embroiled in a booze-related scandal while on international duty with Scotland.

Here, BBC Sport takes a look at three previous incidents in which players got into hot water after a drink or two...

JINKY LOST AT SEA - 1974

Jimmy Johnstone
Johnstone was a better winger than he was a rower

Four days prior to a match with England, Celtic's mercurial winger Jimmy Johnstone found himself cast adrift in a rowing boat after a few late night drinks in Largs.

The players had permission to be out but the tomfoolery took a turn for the worse when 'Jinky' found the stolen boat had no rowlocks to take the oars and hence he was taken out to sea by the tide.

The coastguard service had to rescue the stricken Johnston and the story dominated the headlines for days.

However, the coverage did not trouble Johnstone, who went on to star in a 2-0 victory at Hampden.

A DRUNKEN DANISH DEBACLE - 1975

The following year, a few hours after a 1-0 European Championship qualifying win in Denmark, a group of Scotland players were involved in an incident in a Copenhagen nightclub.

Things turned nasty when a light was broken and an altercation followed.

Joe Harper, Arthur Graham, Billy Bremner, Pat McCluskey and Willie Young were all given lifetime international bans, only for Harper and Graham to be brought back into the fold a year later after being cleared of any wrongdoing.

"We were in the same place at the same time, we got the same taxi home and we were just put down as being part of the trouble," explained former Aberdeen and Hibs striker Harper.

"Arthur and I had nothing to do with it and we were reinstated a year later."

OUT LATE IN ITALIA - 1990

The 1990 World Cup in Italy saw Jim Bett and Maurice Johnston break a midnight curfew in Rapallo.
Maurice Johnston in action for Scotland
Johnston played in all three matches at Italia '90

The pair were severely censured by manager Andy Roxburgh but allowed to remain with the squad.

Johnston played in all three group games, scoring once, but Bett did not reappear after the opening loss to Costa Rica.

"We just moved on from it," said Murdo MacLeod, who took Bett's midfield place for the matches with Sweden and Brazil. "It didn't disrupt anything."

Arabmariner

LOL

Mind you there's a few years gone by since the last one.

I remember the Jimmy Johnstone one quite well.Getting rescued by the coast gaurd.....funny as f**k! I'm sure Bremner was involved in that as well.....I think it was him that pushed the boat out lol.

As for a Scottish hooligans thread?........Nah....we might drink a bit but we're just harmless piss pots really!

Teddy Bear

What a kick in the guts. Opened up socceernet this morning to see the match report link telling me Scotland beat Norway 4-0. Opened the link and WRONG. What a disaster.  :(

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
Arabmariner said:
LOL

Mind you there's a few years gone by since the last one.

I remember the Jimmy Johnstone one quite well.Getting rescued by the coast gaurd.....funny as f**k! I'm sure Bremner was involved in that as well.....I think it was him that pushed the boat out lol.

As for a Scottish hooligans thread?........Nah....we might drink a bit but we're just harmless piss pots really!

I can attest to that!

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
Teddy Bear said:
What a kick in the guts. Opened up socceernet this morning to see the match report link telling me Scotland beat Norway 4-0. Opened the link and WRONG. What a disaster.  :(

oooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww .... that hurts. And one man down...  you can run, but you can't hide with a scoreline like that... geez

serious14

England come from 2-0 down and a shambolic start to draw 2-2 with the Dutch in Dutchland.....

We beat the Dutch quite comfortably in Dutchland 2-1.....

I know which I'd rather.  ;)

Arabmariner

2-0 to us over Macedonia........was that the same team that caved in to Norway in Oslo last month ??

Sets us up nicely now for a typical Scottish glorious failure against the Dutch on Wednesday!

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
You just need a point or a win??  Or depend on other results as well??  *shudders*
A win......then hope we're one of the best 8 runners up to reach a play off !

And our goal difference is a mess    :-\

*shudders*  too.

dibo

FFC Mariner said:
New Umbro England strip - back to the 30's - love it

Team_666x435_767690a.jpg

I'm only six months late in making this joke, but it's a good thing Germany haven't gone back to the 30s with their uniform - else they'd all be wearing red armbands like John Terry is here.

FFC Mariner

English team having been ordered by the FA to give the Nazi salute before the game in 1938.

Perhaps the retro shirt fits after all

naziMOS0902_468x196.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred