• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

World Cup Qualifier - Japan vs. Australia, 11th February, 9.20pm EDT

serious14

Moshi moshi from Japan......

There has been a one hour show _every night_ since I got here (and I assume beforehand as well) dedicated solely to this game.  Last nights installment was about nothing but Pim and what Pim has been up to.  They sent a camera crew to do nothing but follow him around...... insane.  They even got the zoom lens in on his notepad from when he watched Japan's last game, trying to figure out what he was writing down.

They really really _really_ want to win this game.  And I mean _badly_.  Every news report about the game talks about Germany.  Revenge.  We need to get them back.  I have a sneaking suspicion the crowd will be a little bit fired up.....

They (the Japanese show) also interviewed Simon Hill and Mike Cockerill - translator talked over the top so I had no idea what was said, but nice to see a little piece of home.

Also, they are _obsessed_ with Endo and Nakamura.  You'd think there was no-one else in the team.

2 days to go......  :fireup:

northernspirit

sounds like an awesome atmosphere there
theyve had a much better preperation, a draw would be good but wemight knick a win - go socceroos

dibo

if we can keep the clean sheets coming then i don't care about the result really.

i'm more concerned about us being unbeatable than us winning every match. teams in the AFC should fear playing us or being in our groups becausewe're difficult to break down. the fact that we're yet to concede in this stage is something that the team and manager should be proud of and protective of.

tomorrow night it all begins with defence, and i'm perfectly happy for us to sit and soak up pressure away from home and hit on the break. better countries than us do it as a matter of course.

ryan

According to Fox Sports FC Grella has limped off at training and is a major doubt for the game.

northernspirit

tuftman said:
ryan said:
According to Fox Sports FC Grella has limped off at training and is a major doubt for the game.

Does this mean Jedi might start?
he could alter the lineup, drop culina to DM, put cahill back into the midfield and start either kennedy or mcdonald

mile isnt going to start

serious14

Zomg omg omg omg holy crap freakin' wow...... it's game day.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:fireup: :fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup::fireup:

In about 14 hours I will be on the Shinsanken bound for Yokohama.  Hopefully I will make it on here post game before I head home to let you know how awesome it was.

Pack out the CCLC as we always do, I know you'll do the lads proud.  ;D

ORRRRRRRRRSSSSTRRRRRAAAAAAAYYYYYYLLLLLIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Na na na na na na na.........

brett

northernspirit said:
tuftman said:
ryan said:

Does this mean Jedi might start?
he could alter the lineup, drop culina to DM, put cahill back into the midfield and start either kennedy or mcdonald

mile isnt going to start

I have no doubt he'll alter the side this way. Culina back, Bresh over to the right, and maybe even Carney in to play left wing. Uchida is a right back that bombs forward to support Nakamura so it would be worth strengthening that side up defensively. He won't risk playing weaker players in the DM though.

Schwarzer

Wilko Moore Neill Chippers
      Culina    Valeri
Bresh    LOLman    Carney
            Cahill

Redline

http://www.iraqgoals.com/en/ch1.html

Pre-match is on now. Stream 2. The game should be on stream 1 though.

Redline

Watching now. The Japanese anthem iseerie...ours was butchered as always...and its National Foundation Day over there too..very patriotic.

and what's with 4-5-1? typical boring 'safe' away Socceroos.

I did like the touch of a minutes silence...very...noit sure what the word...very something for the Japs.

I lol-ed at the "ultra Nippon" banner.That would be banned in Australia...or the media would see it and  think the bad old days had returned!

tuftman

that crowd, wowowowowowowowowowowowow

Timmy Cahill is going to be fed scraps all night long I think

bjw

bjw
0-0 half time.

Japan are look alot sharper and dangerous.
Australia looked abit sloppy early on- but got better as the time went on. Wilkshire has been good in defence, and is so far Aussies MOM for me.

Holman- Please, he's given away too much ball, possession and free kicks. f**k off.

tuftman

We can't keep on giving Nakamura deadball opportunities like we have, he'll eventually get one right

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred