• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Wildly speculative off-season prediction thread (2009-10 edition)

midfielder

Here is my crowd table..

MV  ...........average ...27, 000
Choppers ... average....21, 000
Gold Coast ..average ...19, 000
Roar ...........average ..18, 000
Scum .........average ..14, 000
Perth ......... average ..13, 000
AU .............average ...12, 000
Mariners ......average ...10, 000
Nix .............average .....9, 000

Average being 14, 300 for the A-League

dibo

i think you'd be mad to try to predict crowd averages. you've also forgotten the furries.

midfielder

dibo said:
i think you'd be mad to try to predict crowd averages. you've also forgotten the furries.

Thata what the threads for ... Wildly Speculation predictions.... HMMMMMMMMMMM the Fury say 10, 000 as well lifting the average to 15, 300

Deej

pjennings said:
I divide the ladder into three groups - with no idea how they will finish within the groups.

Top 4
Gold Coast United
Brisbane
Perth Glory
Melbourne Victory

Next group battling for 5-6

Sydney FC
Adelaide United
Central Coast Mariners

Also rans
Newcastle Jets
Wellington Phoenix
North Queensland Fury

Agree with that, except would place Perth in the middle tier

Bear

Champions - Sydney FC
Premiers - Sydney FC
Mariners position on the ladder - 5th
Mariners player of the season - Doig
Mariners top scorer - D-Mac
A-League top scorer - Smeltz and Aloisi
Wooden Spoon - Wellington
Young player fo the season - Travis
HAL Player of the season - Jason Culina
Coach of the year - That bloke from Sydney
Out of the Left Field prediction(s) - Aloisi will be good. Newcastle and Fury will make the 6.

1. Sydney
2. Melbourne
3. Gold Coast
4. Newcastle
5. Mariners
6. Fury
7. Adelaide
8. Perth
9. Roar
10. Wellington

bulldogmariner

Champions- Gold Coast
Premiers - Gold Coast
Mariners to finish -5th
Mariners player of the Season- Dean Heffenan
Mariners Top Scorer- Matt Simon
A-League Top Scorer- Van Dijk
Young Player of the Year- Tahj Minnieconn
HAL Player of the Year- Jason Culina
Coach of the Year- Miron
Out of Left Field Prediction- Jets to sack Brancko after 2 months without winning a game. Ljubo to protest by sitting with Con in the Squadron in only a fluro pink vest and his little hat.

1. Gold Coast
2. Melbourne
3. Perth
4. Brisbane
5. Mariners
6. Sydney
7. Adelaide
8. Wellington
9. Fury
10. Jets

northernspirit

Bear said:
Champions - Sydney FC
Premiers - Sydney FC
A-League top scorer - Smeltz and Aloi$i
Out of the Left Field prediction(s) - Aloi$i will be good. Newcastle and Fury will make the 6.

1. Sydney
2. Melbourne
3. Gold Coast
4. Newcastle
5. Mariners
6. Fury
7. Adelaide
8. Perth
9. Roar
10. Wellington
i hope you dont get slammed for the LoLosi comments but i tend to agree, Kossie's style of play was nothing like what is required for Aloisi to be successful... his time with us was more fruitful because our width gave him more time on the ball in more centralised positions as opposed to sydney last season who played really narrow alot of the time.

From what i know of their new coach, he likes to play possession style football which should suit him, we know he isnt the kind of player who is going to make runs off the ball to create something which is what he needed to do last season.

Question is, can his confidence return and his knee hold up to it, i think he will be alright this season too.

razza

Champions- Melbourne
Premiers - Melbourne
Mariners to finish -7th
Mariners player of the Season- Chris Doig
Mariners Top Scorer- Matt Simon
A-League Top Scorer- Shane Smeltz
Young Player of the Year- Tahj Minnieconn
HAL Player of the Year- Jason Culina
Coach of the Year- Merrick
Out of Left Field Prediction- Off field alcohol related incidents to rock the league at some point this season

1. Melbourne
2. Brisbane
3. Sydney
4. Adelaide
5. Perth
6. Gold Coast
7. Mariners
8. Jets
9. Fury
10. Wellington

Forum Phoenix

I've had a gut load of the media (yet again) So I'm changing my predictions and would encourage everyone else to reconsider also. This time I'm going to follow the medias lead and simply call it as I see it from now on. No more agendas or bias, this time its just some genuine good ol football analysis...

Champions- Mariners
Premiers - Mariners
Mariners player of the Season - Someone Scottish - or at the very least anglo.
Mariners Top Scorer- A scotsman
A-League Top Scorer- A Mariner ...who also happens to be Scotsman
Young Player of the Year- Scottish
HAL Player of the Year- Scottish
Coach of the Year- Most likely Scottish (Wish I could get odds on that)
Out of Left Field Prediction - Craig Fabiano, Hernadez Foster as he is better known to his friends, is found dead in an alley with a claymore down his throat and a haggis shoved up his arse. His dying words were reportedly about how strongly he recommends that everyone get a brazilian. Unfortunately no one seems to give a crap what Craig Fosters pubes look like except of course for Les. (Word is that he's a big fan of ARSE SHAVEN too.) Be Champions!

Table according to Scottishness...

1. Mariners 
2. Melbourne
3. Fury
4. Brisbane
5. Perth
6. Adelaide, The coaches brother once played for a Scotsman.
7. Sydney, they used to have a scotsman.
8. Wellington, they have the kind of countryside that a scotsman could appreciate. Besides a player used to play for them who once played for a scotsman and then left them to once more play for a scotsman.
9. Gold Coast, because like every other club in the world with money... they want to waste the bulk of it on average Brazilians. Much cheaper to waste your money on average scotsman.
10. Newcastle. Like theres anywhere else you can put the jest?

:tophat:

serious14

Forum Phoenix said:
serious14 said:
That sort of writing would do the Terrorgraph or Herald Sun proud.....  ;)

Wow, Really? I didn't realise they took pride in anything!

More from a "so utterly and wildly agenda driven that it would fit right in with everything else they publish" perspective.  ;)

FFC Mariner

FFC Mariner said:
Champions - Melb
Premiers - Melb
Mariners position on the ladder - 4th - you never know
Mariners player of the season - Porter
Mariners top scorer - Simon
A-League top scorer - Simon
Wooden Spoon - Adelaide
Young player fo the season - Kantarovski
Coach of the year - Merrick
Out of the Left Field prediction(s) -   Miron to get the punt. SFC to get it together

Not too shabby  -still time for Miron to go

dibo

dibo said:
Dibo's patented Completely, Ridiculously Awful Predictions (CRAP[sup]TM[/sup]).

Champions: Sydney - I hate it, but I think they might be about to get it all together.

Premiers: Adelaide - I don't know what it is with this club, but you couldn't kill them with an axe.

Mariners position on ladder: 3rd - we're going to sign more players in the off-season, and our first two AFC CL games showed we're still capable of playing football - we're so close to competitive it's not funny, it's just we don't have the final pieces in the puzzle yet and last Wednesday night's humiliation is the motivation to find them.

Mariners player of the season: We haven't signed him yet.

A-League top scorer: Archie Thompson.

Wooden Spoon: North Queensland. Sorry Fergie. :(

Young Player of the year: Brendan Gan. There's something I like there.

HAL Player of the Year: Jason Culina. Simply a level above anyone presently in the comp.

Coach of the year: Lavicka.

Out of left field: Mariners are seriously competitive. 10 teams could have a blanket thrown over them a month out from the end of the season, and goal difference sorts who makes the finals. New owners are found for Newcastle and the Premiership cash windfall leads to the Sheffield United link doing some work for us.

Could still be right on Sydney, couldn't be more wrong about Adelaide but you still can't kill them with an axe. Their average crowds are *up* in a year they are going to take the spoon and in which their manager mused on the idea of cutting his players' heads off.

Mariners position, yeah, well, I'm not Robinson Crusoe in getting that wrong.

My pick for player of the season is Danny, so I got that wrong. 9 clean sheets in a season where we're going to come 8th or 9th is a brilliant effort. He won't win keeper of the year though - Galekovic shades him.

Missed it on HAL top scorer, might yet be right on the spoon, missed it on young player of the year and if Culina's player of the year then the judges haven't been watching the tubby Costa Rican or Paul Ifill. Coach of the year is right - Lavicka has turned a squad that just about passes for reasonable into one of the better sides.

OOLF - The Mariners *were* seriously competitive. We've beaten Gold Coast and Melbourne (twice) and run Sydney far closer than we should have for our eventual ladder position. We did this on the smell of an oily rag too. It fell away as our strikers forgot how to score and certain midfielders had strained heartilage or came back from WC playoffs injured... The rest I was miles off.

marinermick

Bear said:
Champions - Sydney FC
Premiers - Sydney FC
A-League top scorer - Smeltz and Aloi$i
Out of the Left Field prediction(s) - Aloi$i will be good. Newcastle and Fury will make the 6.

1. Sydney
2. Melbourne
3. Gold Coast
4. Newcastle
5. Mariners
6. Fury
7. Adelaide
8. Perth
9. Roar
10. Wellington

Reading throught this thread it looks like Bear is the closest.

serious14

serious14 said:
Champions - Melbourne
Premiers - Melbourne
Mariners position on the ladder - 7th
Mariners player of the season - If we sign him, Huke.  If not, Porter.
Mariners top scorer - Macallister??   Can't really think of anyone else who'd take that spot
A-League top scorer - Smeltz, by a mile.  The service he'll be getting from Culina - wow.
Wooden Spoon - North Queensland
Young player fo the season - Brendan Gan
HAL Player of the season - Culina, by a mile
Coach of the year - Merrick or Farina
Out of the Left Field prediction(s) - West Sydney to get the nod ahead of Canberra.  A prominent Socceroo (no idea who) announces his return home halfway through the season.  Lawrie to be moved upstairs by Round 10.

1. Melbourne
2. Brisbane
3. Newcastle
4. Sydney
5. Gold Coast
6. Adelaide
7. Mariners
8. Wellington
9. Perth
10. North Queensland

Not shit, not great.  Props for the West Sydney call though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred