• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Wildly speculative off-season prediction thread (2009-10 edition)

northernspirit

Hate to say it but based on our current squad:

Champions - Brisbane Roar
Premiers - Gold Coast United (Quality squad but lacking finals experience + big matches as a team)
Final- Brisbane Roar v Melbourne Victory
Mariners position on the ladder - 7th, just miss out on finals
Mariners player of the season - Doig
Mariners top scorer - Simon
A-League top scorer - Smeltz
Wooden Spoon - Wellington
Young player of the season - Taj Minnicon
HAL Player of the season - Jason Culina
Coach of the year - Dave Mitchell
Out of the Left Field prediction(s) - Perth to challenge hard this season

1. Gold Coast United
2. Brisbane Roar
3. Melbourne Victory
4. Perth Glory
5. Adelaide United
6. Sydney FC
7. Central Coast Mariners
8. Newcastle Jets
9. North Qld Fury
10. Wellington Phoenix

pjennings

I divide the ladder into three groups - with no idea how they will finish within the groups.

Top 4
Gold Coast United
Brisbane
Perth Glory
Melbourne Victory

Next group battling for 5-6

Sydney FC
Adelaide United
Central Coast Mariners

Also rans
Newcastle Jets
Wellington Phoenix
North Queensland Fury

Forum Phoenix

Champions - Mariners
Premiers - Perth
Final- Mariners vs Gold Coast
Mariners position on the ladder - 2nd
Mariners player of the season - Nicky Travis
Mariners top scorer - D Mac
A-League top scorer - Sterjovski
Wooden Spoon - Phoenix
Young player of the season - Kofi Danning
HAL Player of the season - Cullina
Coach of the year - Lawrie Mc Kinna
Out of the Left Field prediction - Bozza takes over as coach of SFC as they nose dive once more and almost pulls off the comeback of the season.

Well it is supposed to be wildly speculative.

Bex

northernspirit said:
Hate to say it but based on our current squad:

Its no problem that you say it, especially because you're WRONG!

Mariners will be in the semis rest assured of that. Leave the underestimates to the supporters of the arrogant big money teams; we'll continue to punch above our weight like we've done every other season.

FFC Mariner

We need to make it to 6th out of 10 teams.

Scum,Nux and Fury will take the bottom 3 places so we need to knock off 1 other side (my bet is Adelaide FWIW).

Whether we can go on from there, I suspect not but staying alive throughout the regular season is a minimum for us and easily within our capabilities.

Kareem

i think sydney would be safer bet IMO (maybe Perth)
top 3= roar, GC, MV
Next 4= sydney, perth, adelaide and us
One thing to say about Perth- it will be interesting to see how long they take to hit top form...how are their preseason friendlies going?

Forum Phoenix

FFC I was also half thinking Adelaide may be due for a bit of a fall this season. Not basing it on the friendly with Fury, but rather the change of the guard they have to a degree with quite a lot of new faces that will need to gel. They also will really need their new striker to work well with christiano, otherwise I think they will struggle for the firepower to seriously challenge.

Perth are having a solid pre season hit out and have an impressive squad. They have a lot to prove and this year they just may have the squad to do it.

Bling look to be much better organised under the new coach but they lack a pointy end in Johnny you would have to think. If he or Brosque score more than 8 this year I'll be pretty surprised and I can't see them seriously challenging without at least one prolific goal scorer in the ranks.

Gold Coast, impressive squad, resources and backing. But above all confident. If they get beaten a few times early, they'll come crashing back to earth, but some early wins and they could be a real force this year. (Welcome addition to the comp)

Phoenix, 1 strong signing, but still have not adequately replaced Smeltz imo (which is not easy) With their usual extra travel issues, pretty hard to see them in the top half of the table.

Jest, seems like anyone worth their salt has jumped ship or is trying to. They have always played with a lot of grit so may surprise, but can't see them in the top half either - lets nick the other Elrich for our right back and be done with them.  :ashamed:

Roar, They are a good squad but the loss of (can't remember if it was Mc'kay or Murdocca?) either way, will be sorely missed in their midfield for the first chunk of the season.  (Personally I'm quite glad to have the energizer bunnies on crack partnership broken up) Roar to challenge, but not to completely excel.

MV, solid, talented and well knit squad with excellent supporter base and home ground advantage. Will definitely challenge again this year imo.

Fury, haha, I actually don't care what  they do, I just want to see bloody Fowler play!!! I don't even care if he's shite, I just want to see him run out at Bluetongue, that will be awesome all of itself. If thats not the sign of a good Marquee signing for a new club then I don't what is. But for Fergie's sake and the growth of the league I hope they place themselves somewhere out of the bottom four and into the finals.

Central Coast Mariners, What is it with those bloody coasties? Somehow they just never seem to be too far off the mix!?  ;D Looks like we are being very active with trialists with some very good signs for our recruitment. Doig already equals a much stronger looking defence... add some more class in the mids... throw in a Matty thats come into his own (and may rise to even greater heights!) paired with a D Mac that I suspect will be up for a big year... and I think we will surprise and annoy as ever.

With a quality creative mid and another sharp creative striker (as opposed to our big men)  I think we could win the lot. As it is, we will challenge yet again but may prove a gun or two shy. But I have to say with the inclusion of these new teams, even with the bloody home games/canberra fiasco, I am looking forward to this season more than any other so far. There have also been many quality and interesting signings across the league, and certainly the neutral matches are the most enticing they have been to me.
:tophat:

midfielder

My reading of the tea Leafs

1) SFC
2) PG
3) GCU
4) MV
5) AU
6) CCM
7) Roar
8 ) NQF
9) Newcastle
10) Nix

Grand Final SFC & CCM

Looser in Grand final SFC

Golden Boot Porter

No coaches will be sacked

The last round will only have two sided guaranteed a please in the finals..

Player of the year Culina just shading Elrich

Going to WC from A-League .. Culina & Elrich (only)

Surprise packet of the year .. Nick Travis CCM attacking mid

dru

midfielder said:
My reading of the tea Leafs
or wishful thinking in some parts of it ;) :p

midfielder said:
No coaches will be sacked

Really          seriously          like for real.  :eek:

Champions - Sydney
Premiers - Melbourne
Mariners position on the ladder - 4th
Mariners player of the season - Travis
Mariners top scorer - Kwassie
A-League top scorer - Smeltz
Wooden Spoon - Wellington
Young player of the season - James Brown (gold coast youngster)
HAL Player of the season - Cullina
Coach of the year - Lactiva
Out of the Left Field prediction(s) - Fowler to get no service from his team but still scoring the most goals for the furries, Cullina to last even less rounds than he did at Sack me fc

1. Melbourne
2. Brisbane
3. Sydney
4. Mariners
5. Gold Coast
6. Furries
7. Adelaide
8. Glory
9. Nix
10. The other lot (timmy V or Thomas 447 to be coach after Cullina is sacked early)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred