• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Wildly speculative off-season prediction thread (2009-10 edition)

Arinceo

May as well predict for the coming season:

Champions - Gold Coast
Premiers - Adelaide
Mariners position on the ladder - 6th Simon to keep us out of the cellar
Mariners player of the season - Simon if he stays
Mariners top scorer - Simon
A-League top scorer - Simon
Wooden Spoon - Wellington (struggle without Smeltz)
Young player fo the season - Kantarovski
HAL Player of the season - Jason Culina
Coach of the year - Miron Bleiberg
Out of the Left Field prediction(s) - North Queensland to set the comp on fire in the opening weeks of the season with Fowler playing a major role before fading terribly as he gets injured and the goals dry up. Bleiberg will actually keep his position. Mariners to be in the top four before selling Simon to Europe and losing their remaining games; deja vu anyone?

1. Adelaide
2. Gold Coast
3. Queensland
4. Melbourne
5. Newcastle
6. Mariners
7. Sydney
8. North Queensland
9. Perth
10. Wellington

FFC Mariner

Champions - Melb
Premiers - Melb
Mariners position on the ladder - 4th - you never know
Mariners player of the season - Porter
Mariners top scorer - Simon
A-League top scorer - Simon
Wooden Spoon - Adelaide
HAL Player of the season - Jason Culina
Coach of the year - Merrick
Out of the Left Field prediction(s) -  Miron to get the punt. SFC to get it together

TerrigalUtd

Champions - Brisbane/Queensland Roar
Premiers - Melb
Mariners Postion on the table - 3rd
Mariners player of the season - Huke
Mariners top scorer - Macca
A-league top scorer - Fowler
Wodden Spoon - Adelaide
Young player of the season - Minniecon
HAL Player of the year - Van Dijk
Coach of the year - Ferguson
Out of left field - Gold Coast to fail massively

clarence

Huke's gotta be signed for the next A-League season first, Terrigal Utd.

At the moment,Huke is only contracted with us for the ACL. I hope the Mariners are smart enough to give the player a decent offer as he appears worthy of the deal.

clarence

Champions: Gold Coast
Premiers: Melbourne
Mariners position on ladder: 6th
Mariners player of the season: Simon
A-League top scorer: Smeltz
Wooden Spoon: Wellington
Young Player of the year: that Kofi kid from Sydney FC.
HAL Player of the Year: Tie between Culina and Fowler.
Coach of the year: Bleiberg
Out of left field:
*Mariners sign O. Bozanic from Reading after he finds out they only want to loan him out. He turns up in June and takes a month to acclimatise and is way out of condition, but by season end is back to form.

*L. McKinna is poached by either NQ or Sydney FC after they have average season.

*More talk of Mariners relocating to Western Sydney and particularly of merging with the Western Sydney syndicate that is favourite for an A-League franchise in future.

* Hutchinson moves to Crete to play for the local league there, and qualifies to play for his beloved Malta by season's end.

* Gumps retires to standing ovation after another 15 minute blockbuster performance in the second half. He had been an assistant coach for the NYL side all season and had played most of his games as a senior player in that side. When McKinna leaves, he is rumoured to be gaining a promotion ahead of Tobin.

dibo

clarence said:
Huke's gotta be signed for the next A-League season first, Terrigal Utd.

At the moment,Huke is only contracted with us for the ACL. I hope the Mariners are smart enough to give the player a decent offer as he appears worthy of the deal.

I agree with this. He had an absolute barry on Wednesday, but I struggle to think of a player who didn't so I'm hardly going to hang him for that.

Dibo's patented Completely, Ridiculously Awful Predictions (CRAP[sup]TM[/sup]).

Champions: Sydney - I hate it, but I think they might be about to get it all together.

Premiers: Adelaide - I don't know what it is with this club, but you couldn't kill them with an axe.

Mariners position on ladder: 3rd - we're going to sign more players in the off-season, and our first two AFC CL games showed we're still capable of playing football - we're so close to competitive it's not funny, it's just we don't have the final pieces in the puzzle yet and last Wednesday night's humiliation is the motivation to find them.

Mariners player of the season: We haven't signed him yet.

A-League top scorer: Archie Thompson.

Wooden Spoon: North Queensland. Sorry Fergie. :(

Young Player of the year: Brendan Gan. There's something I like there.

HAL Player of the Year: Jason Culina. Simply a level above anyone presently in the comp.

Coach of the year: Lavicka.

Out of left field: Mariners are seriously competitive. 10 teams could have a blanket thrown over them a month out from the end of the season, and goal difference sorts who makes the finals. New owners are found for Newcastle and the Premiership cash windfall leads to the Sheffield United link doing some work for us.

Jesus

Jesus
Champions - Sydney
Premiers - Brisbane
Mariners position on the ladder - 4th
Mariners player of the season - Porter
Mariners top scorer - DMAC
A-League top scorer - Smeltz
Wooden Spoon - Adelaide
HAL Player of the season - Wilson
Coach of the year - Farina
Out of the Left Field prediction(s) - Aloisi not to have a shit season

1. Brisbane
2. Melbourne
3. Sydney
4. Central Coast
5. Gold Coast
6. Perth
7. Wellington
8. North Queensland
9. Newcastle
10.Adelaide

serious14

Champions - Melbourne
Premiers - Melbourne
Mariners position on the ladder - 7th
Mariners player of the season - If we sign him, Huke.  If not, Porter.
Mariners top scorer - Macallister??  Can't really think of anyone else who'd take that spot
A-League top scorer - Smeltz, by a mile.  The service he'll be getting from Culina - wow.
Wooden Spoon - North Queensland
Young player fo the season - Brendan Gan
HAL Player of the season - Culina, by a mile
Coach of the year - Merrick or Farina
Out of the Left Field prediction(s) - West Sydney to get the nod ahead of Canberra.  A prominent Socceroo (no idea who) announces his return home halfway through the season.  Lawrie to be moved upstairs by Round 10.

1. Melbourne
2. Brisbane
3. Newcastle
4. Sydney
5. Gold Coast
6. Adelaide
7. Mariners
8. Wellington
9. Perth
10. North Queensland

Gopher of Pern

Champions - North Queensland
Premiers - Brisbane
Mariners position on the ladder - 6th
Mariners player of the season - Portor
Mariners top scorer - Kwasnik
A-League top scorer - Thompson
Wooden Spoon - Sydney
Young player fo the season - No Idea
HAL Player of the season - Culina
Coach of the year - Farina
Out of the Left Field prediction(s) - Matty Simon to get a deal overseas, only to injure himself once he's over there. Jets thrash Perth early in season, then drop off.

1. Brisbane
2. Perth
3. North Queensland
4. Wellington
5. Melbourne
6. Mariners
7. Jets
8. Adelaide
9. Gold Coast
10. Sydney

serious14

marinermick said:
serious14 said:
A-League top scorer - Smeltz, by a mile.  The service he'll be getting from Culina - wow.

which makes me think that joel porter is a better bet for golden boot

Then we both agree that Gold Coast will be scoring a bucketload.  Not just on the field either.

marinermick

serious14 said:
marinermick said:
serious14 said:

Then we both agree that Gold Coast will be scoring a bucketload.  Not just on the field either.

= epic away trip

clarence

marinermick said:
serious14 said:

The whole 'spine' of the GCU is very good quality if you think about it. Bleiberg may have a happy season coming up.
Van Stratten GK
Griffiths the minor c**t A.
Culina
Smeltz

Gotta admit that's a good lineup by A-League standards?

Jesus

Jesus
clarence said:
marinermick said:
serious14 said:

The whole 'spine' of the GCU is very good quality if you think about it. Bleiberg may have a happy season coming up.
Van Stratten GK
Griffiths the minor c**t A.
Culina
Smeltz

Gotta admit that's a good lineup by A-League standards?

Personally think they look a bit light at the back for quality, with the exception of JVS. Will be devastated in JVS has an incredible season and sows the quality that impressed Pim.

But a local lad so i hope he does.

Ithuriel

Champions - Mariners (Awww hell, why not?)  ;D
Premiers Adelaide (they need to win silverware sometime.)
Mariners position on the ladder 3rd
Mariners player of the season Ahmed Elrich (highest goal assists in league)
Mariners top scorer Matt Simon
A-League top scorer Matt Simon
Wooden Spoon Wellington
Young player of the season Ben Kantarovski
HAL Player of the season Tom Pondeljak
Coach of the year Lavicka (major turnaround at Sydney)
Out of the Left Field prediction(s) Craig Moore to injure Jason Culina in first game. Moore is to get off without suspension whilst Culina is ruled until round 16. Gold Coast to struggle until latter part of the season, ultimately missing out on top 6 by 2 points.

1. Adelaide
2. Melbourne
3. Mariners
4. Sydney
5. Brisbane
6. North Queensland
7. Gold Coast
8. Perth
9. Newcastle
10. Wellington

Online statistics

Members online