• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

who will Captain Mariners

bikinigirl

. i don't know if patrick was serious or not when he said they sat down to talk about it and agreed hutch was the right man

. but yes it certainly puts hutch in the starting side (although not if he is on international duty). no doubt he is a leader in the dressing room ... it may help mellow his interactions with others on the pitch ... the responsibility may even lift his game because he is passion about his club

. regarding some of the other questions: we have played with two DMs during the pre-season but today they seemed to be back to the old 4-4-2 ... and i think oli is coming back from an injury

localpom

Not sure on this but will support the decision. Rate Hutch as a leader but not sure he is a guaranteed starting 11 player these days. Tough decision i guess and with Dutchy as vice captain i'm sure 1 will always be on the park.

Gratis

Yeah Arnie talked about the diamond as the staple with the other shapes as variations, particularly when needing a more defensive set up, in his interview with Mike C.

Forum Phoenix

Surprised by some of the comments. Though I guess i shouldn't be. If he's to play LM, I, unlike some, rate Olly, but Hutch had a better season last season, and performed well in general. However 4213 would not surprise me nor would 4231, though I'm not overly a fan of it.

Regardless, Hutch will be a great captain and if he's not performing he will not be the first captain in history to be benched.
Nothing wrong with a bit of fire in your captain, I dislike Burns, as I do McFlysnn, Muscat... and as other teams do Hutch, But all those players lead well. And I have to say a bit of mongrel just maybe the edge we have always missed when it comes to our reputed "choking" record and failure to win a toilet seat.

I just ask everyone doesn't start looking for problems before they arise. last year we were premiers. Hutch was an important part of that.
He is also a foundation member who bleeds yellow and Arnie says is great with the young members of the squad.
And finally do you really think Arnie would go through his preseason and being looking at players, going, yeah he's better than Hutch but I
think I'll just make Hutcho captain anyway.

Give it up lads. He deserves our unconditional support, not doubt, and certainly not any derision.

localpom

He'll get my support that's for sure. Decision has been made, let's get on with it. Would love to see Hutch lift the toilet seat!

lewis27

lol didnt think anyone would bite with that one.i dont think he will be a regular but thats only my opinion,we will see come the 1st game of the season what arnies thoughts are.he is young tho and can still improve and i think he will.

Gratis

Olly's awesome. That's te thing at the moment we have 13 or 14 players I want to see as starting 11...very good position for the team to be in

Wombat

Hutcho was very good last year, especially when he played on the wing but he is not as good as Olly.

Playing on the wing suits him more.....(no need to do 360's). His form in that position was better than Olly's overall last year.

He definately has leadership qualities but the last manger to blindly put his faith in him, regardless of performance....lost his job!

The more sensible decision, would be to have made him Vice captain.

Regardless, I hope he has a great season and leads us on to glory

style_cafe

Hutch as captain is not such a surprise.

There is no doubt about his leadership qualities,his experience or his passion for the club.The only thing that is in doubt is whether he is capable of being selected in the starting lineup each week.

That is a decision that only Arnie can make.
However, it does show that Arnie favours Hutch at this point in time & that really puts the pressure on Olly to be at his best when or if he gets his chance.

Olly was never the same player when he came back from his VIDMAR sojorns.
I also wonder as to the extent of his injury & the psychological affect it will have on his confidence when he reaches peak fitness.
This will be a pivitol season for him.

If he doesn`t make the grade I think we may see him move on.

midfielder

Olly and Montgomery could make a great DM pairing in a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 formation .... me thinks this could be our new shape with Duke up front ... Mile, Hutch, & Rojec playing the three behind ... with Bernie as the super sub who can replace both Duke & Mile ...

Just my tho's.... remember Olly was captain of the Australian U 23's as a DM and played very well in that position...

scottmac

Suspended
Olly will play both dm & lm during the year imo. He is too good a player to be left on the outer. Let's remember his age as well. The guy is still very young and is considered one of the more experienced player's in our squad.

Long term if he is prepared to stay he will be our next wilko. He is the olyroos captain & will be ours eventually.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred