• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

who will Captain Mariners

Fishsdad

According to Arnie's Tweets (other thread), the captain will be one of the older lads - so it doesn't look like Olly will be considered.

Bit harsh on the "wouldn't give him a game" though

Forum Phoenix

Olly's quality, and we're lucky to have him. He just needs to be kept clear of Vidmar. Fortunately Vidmar is so bad he won;t be taking him away to the Olympics. Talk about bitter sweet. Sigh.

Gratis

I was going to call you an idiot but Olly did underachieve last year so I'll simply ask...why wouldn't you play him?
I see why people doubt Olly's form but for me his form seemed to dip after/around the Olympic qualifiers. I reckon he'll hit his form again this season and improve on his best. He is quality and deserves to be supported through his dip, which, really, has still been solid but just unremarkable performances. His best is great and if he gets better yet, which I think he will, we're in for a treat.
IMO.

localpom

It has to be someone who will be one of the first picked every week and won't be dropped. You can't have a captain that is in and out of the side. Of all the candidates only Dutchy fits the bill. Unless of course Hutch or Olly gets the gig but they will need to be playing every week. I'm going to through it out there that Anderson may be a future skipper in a year or two.

Wombat

I see why people doubt Olly's form but for me his form seemed to dip after/around the Olympic qualifiers. I reckon he'll hit his form again this season and improve on his best. He is quality and deserves to be supported through his dip, which, really, has still been solid but just unremarkable performances. His best is great and if he gets better yet, which I think he will, we're in for a treat.
IMO.

Olly is a brilliant young player and should be a starting 11 player week in week out. His form dipped on the previous year but he was so good then many people tipped him as a future socceroo.
Sometimes he tries too hard and once he matures and calms down a bit he could easily be the best Aussie player to have ever worn the coveted yellow jersey.
Against Brisbane in the semi he looked our only player that could match their speed of play and thought and they looked worried by him.

In top form he is absolutely top class and only an idiot would doubt him.

He is not ready to be the capt and it's obvious that Dutchy should get the job....but if he stays loyal and continues to develop he WILL be our capt in the future.

bikinigirl

. i too would steer away from olly (for now)

. from what i saw when he wasn't playing at his best he became indecisive. interestingly i don't think he lost confidence as such, he was just hesitant - with the obvious consequences

. indecision is obviously no good for a captain ... and i feel olly could do without that burden. plus the way that arnie has been talking we should be expecting hutch & olly to be competing for a starting birth

. its a tricky thing because how many (depending on fitness) do you actually expect to be slected week-in-week out? based on last year:

. matty - if only
. rosey - doesn't really sell himself as a captain
. big pat - the 'dogs balls' choice, but arnie could 'do a clive' and it wouldn't change his leadership role
. pedj - hmmm can't see arnie going there
. weeman - refer to rosey (but in miniature)
. everybody else - didn't get the consistent game time to warrant consideration
. the newbies - probably not the best idea for consistency

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I guess you would have to go for Pat in all reality....BUT...for the long term, I'd give Olly a go...just keep him away from bloody Vidmar

lewis27

I was going to call you an idiot but Olly did underachieve last year so I'll simply ask...why wouldn't you play him?
for that reason he did underachieve.ive never watched him and thought he was on fire 2day,he just gets by for me.

Gratis

Cap'n being announced tomorrow by Arnie at the fans day

Any last guesses? I reckon it'll be Zwaany or if not then Hutch

Gratis

Hutch it is, thought it could be.

A good choice too i reckon - well done Hutcho!

That'll help his starting each week...might not be great news for Olly...

Atomic

Odd choice in my opinion. I love Hutcho to death but he is a bit too hot-headed at times and involves himself in spiteful and petulant incidents. He also can carry on like a bit of a tit from time to time.

On the plus side, he bleeds yellow and will never take a backward step when the heat is on (passing the ball backwards... well that's another story :headbounce: )

I just don't believe he is one of the names that is guaranteed to be in the starting lineup week in week out. I've always believed the only time Hutch should be captain is for the F3 derbys... just to piss the scum off :pirashoot:

Gratis

Odd choice in my opinion. I love Hutcho to death but he is a bit too hot-headed at times and involves himself in spiteful and petulant incidents.
I'm tempted to think he'll be more level headed as Captain being responsible

shipwreck

Shit..... Did not see that coming, Hurch must have dominated pre season as Arnie sees him as an automatic starter now...

So, who is our DM

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred