• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

'Who do we sing for?'

dru

Sydney Cypriot said:
btw, paying each other out over their support is one thing but talking about racial issues in Cyprus isn't good. LEAVE THIS OUT OF IT!!!! and forza Baghdatis

Now it all becomes clear he is actually a tennis hooligan.

Shooter25

serious14 said:
FFS Sydney, get over yourselves.   The SCC does not have one original chant amongst them...... face it Sydney Cypriot, most clubs around the wall borrow other club's chants and put their club name in where appropriate - it's just the way things are.

And you know this how?

But maybe your right.. we should take pride that you'd be singing the songs we adapted in this country. The song we introduced to this country.

Arrogance no, Reality yes.

Reality bites.

Brett thank you. A sensible response.

serious14

Sydney Cypriot - being 16, a keyboard and YouTube warrior I figured I'd educate you.

I believe you're after www.sfcu.com.au/smf - buh bye now!!!!  Shooter25, feel free to follow.

serious14

And OH MY, _how_ that support made a difference to the team....... the players were probably distracted by the wankiness of the swaying that they forgot to defend.

Sydney won't be in the comp. after the QLD games, so thankfully we'll only have to put up with sitting and swaying for another 2 weeks.

Bear

I must say, it dose reek of "we are Sydney fans, and we did the 1st everything in this county so we are the best and everyone else is just trying to be as good as us"

How can you claim that the other supporters groups "stole" these chants off you? You heard the Den sing them 1 week after you? Who is to say they didnt sing it the week before you, and some Sydney kid stole it off them and thats how you sing it? What makes you so 100% confident that you did all this in this country 1st?

adz

Staff member
So..... this got a bit lost in all the trolling.

dibo said:
Bearinator said:
So, could someone write the entire preferred lyrics here please, I'll get the cadence from the YouTube clip, and off we go (you know I'm a nutter and I will be practising this at home. Poor wife!!!).

aubs (albeit posing as bear for the mo' :) ),

i'll whack the vid in again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeY575iliJw

i think we'd have to go with:

call: who do we sing for?

response: we sing for the mariners.

the rhythm is really important, that's the only way to have heaps of people doing it quickly so it keeps its energy but know what time to keep as well.

it's something like:

dadada da da

dada dada dada da

it follows a tune, as opposed to 'we sing for coasties' which is more of a roar, which has its own attractions, but we can make use of that elsewhere.

the rhythm of the second part is difficult to make out because it seems to turn to mush, but if you just repeat the first two lines it becomes:

la la laa lala, laa lalalala

yes, i know, it looks silly but sing it to yourself in time with the tune in the vid. it makes sense once you've done it a few times. having the tune written out would be good but i can't read or write music and probably most of the folks on here are the same.

get the arms up and pointing with the call and response, and people should dance about and generally enjoy themselves in the song part.

we're allowed to have fun at the football! :piralaugh:

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
I think the response needs to have the word 'the' removed and just "WE SING FOR MARINERS"...fits better?

Tassiemariner

Can i have my 4 minutes of life back after reading this thread.

On a serious note if we can get the timing correct on this "we sing for the mariners/coasties" it would certainly look awsome. 

But you would look really stupid if the rhythm wasn't correct.
You must practice at kendall or on bus for a considerable amount of time first to make sure everyone is one the same page.

Foriegnmariner said:
Can i have my 4 minutes of life back after reading this thread.

On a serious note if we can get the timing correct on this "we sing for the mariners/coasties" it would certainly look awsome. 

But you would look really stupid if the rhythm wasn't correct.
You must practice at kendall or on bus for a considerable amount of time first to make sure everyone is one the same page.

I suggest you guys come up with original and unique chants that hasn't been used and done by other supporter groups.

Deej

Just about all chants used in the a-league are used all around the world and mainly in europe.......so in other words australian fans have ripped it off overseas clubs......congrats Sydney boys.

To say Sydney came up with that first and then claim that they own it coz they sang it first in Australia is absolutely f**king retarded.

FFC Mariner

Oh shit, his mummy let him have his PC time back.

Mods, how much longer do we have to put up with this f**kwit??

loco

we have to sing "we sing for coasties" i mean after all were not just singing for the boys on the park but for our whole reigon...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred