• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What's happening with the Academy

style_cafe

Whoa....settle down folks.

Darren....thanks for responding and I'm sorry if I alarmed you. I was 100% joking. I love the facility there and would never dream of doing any damage to it. I understand you don't know me and my sometimes silly sense of humour.

Yes it is annoying and selfish for your staff to blast out crap music over the tannoy at 7.30am on the weekend but it doesn't happen every week and if did I would come and have a chat to you or you staff about it in a civilised manner.

Keep up the good work, apart from the sketchy music.

WOMBAT...I thought you liked ABBA :popcorn:

Wombat

Haha.

No Abba and Kiss are both shite. Thankfully I don't have that hearing problem that most Aussies are born with where they think they are good.
It's a strange quirk of the Aussie personality!.....similar to the quirk where they are bred to like the taste of Vegemite.

midfielder

Haha.

No Abba and Kiss are both shite. Thankfully I don't have that hearing problem that most Aussies are born with where they think they are good.
It's a strange quirk of the Aussie personality!.....similar to the quirk where they are bred to like the taste of Vegemite.

Tis it true you are into the band that showed Kiss how to dress up ... Wizzard ... with angle wings and cricket pads ... OK its early ... :unsure::unsure:;);)

Gratis

Haha.

i like neither band
but vegemite is black gold, texas jam

true believer

Haha.

careful , you come from the country that foisted the spice girls and the bay city rollers on the world.

Wombat

Bay City Rollers were Scottish.....that's like calling an Aussie a kiwi.:redcard:

I don't blame Aussies for Abba and Kiss.....I just don't understand why you like them.

The other one I don't get is the Aussie love affair with Corona beer.....which is cheap insipid piss.

Wombat

Tis it true you are into the band that showed Kiss how to dress up ... Wizzard ... with angle wings and cricket pads ... OK its early ... :unsure::unsure:;);)

lol

I didn't mind that song when I was a kid.....however, we didn't dress up like them and no one still plays their music.

Btw...can you email me an invoice for Noi as she is ready to pay your bill.

Cheers

Wombat

true believer

Bay City Rollers were Scottish.....that's like calling an Aussie a kiwi.:redcard:

I don't blame Aussies for Abba and Kiss.....I just don't understand why you like them.

The other one I don't get is the Aussie love affair with Corona beer.....which is cheap insipid piss.

Atomic

I was in Year 6 when ABBA hit it big in Oz. I was absolutely besotted with the two girls, even to the point of having the collector cards.

I have 4 older brothers, 3 of which were into Zepplin, the Stones, Skyhooks, ELO, Boz Scaggs. The other one was into Abba, Donny & Marie, Fleetwood Mac. He turned out to be gay…. go figure.

I spent a couple of months in the UK. When I came home, I was stinging for a beer with flavour and the cheap domestic beers (New, VB etc) didn't cut the mustard. I decided to do a blind beer tasting test. Turns out that my favourite beer of all time is Newcastle Brown Ale… Mothers milk!

Finally, Vegemite… LOVE IT! I can eat it off the knife. Vegemite on toast is the best thing to have when you get home after a night on the tiles… and is the best thing to cure a hangover.

As for what's happening at the Academy… no f**king idea! lol.

true believer

throw in crown lager as crap beer. I guess when it comes to music .
some people listened to double and triple J the others listened to coma fm

Wombat

I was in Year 6 when ABBA hit it big in Oz. I was absolutely besotted with the two girls, even to the point of having the collector cards.

I have 4 older brothers, 3 of which were into Zepplin, the Stones, Skyhooks, ELO, Boz Scaggs. The other one was into Abba, Donny & Marie, Fleetwood Mac. He turned out to be gay…. go figure.

I spent a couple of months in the UK. When I came home, I was stinging for a beer with flavour and the cheap domestic beers (New, VB etc) didn't cut the mustard. I decided to do a blind beer tasting test. Turns out that my favourite beer of all time is Newcastle Brown Ale… Mothers milk!

Finally, Vegemite… LOVE IT! I can eat it off the knife. Vegemite on toast is the best thing to have when you get home after a night on the tiles… and is the best thing to cure a hangover.

As for what's happening at the Academy… no f**king idea! lol.

Haha
I used to buy a case of Newky Brown for about $60 a pop back in the 80s when I arrived here.
I soon discovered Tooheys Old and saved myself plenty.
My 5yo daughter will eat Vegimite out of the tub and I marvel at the 50% Aussie genes in her....but she is the best foodie out of my 3 kids....so it's confusing.
My son is a rough arse little bugger if someone is silly enough to take him on and struts like an East Ender but he turns his nose up like a princess when my wife tries to get him to eat that black shit!

true believer

What was coma fm?
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/30years/stories/s1304159.htm

Today Today: Coma FM & prank calls
Chris & Craig from Today Today, and their producer Craig Schufatan discuss what goes into producing the Coma FM sketches. Many of the Coma FM sketches are about the Coma FM including the character Ugly Tails played by Chris who says of the character, "To do the laugh of Ugly Tails gives me more pleasure than anything else I ever do at triple j"

Schuf also talks about the prank calls - "One of the things I really like about them and what I was surprised by at first is the deadpan voice that Craig uses to do those calls. At first I thought it was really wrong. I remember saying can you speak up a bit, or perform a bit more. It's actually a really striking thing to hear someone speaking that quietly."

you could get a beanie too

Capt. Awesome

So I just happen to work with someone high up in Northbridge FC management (will not disclose who incase this is sensitive).

Anyway I asked them about that rumour that was floating around two weeks ago that the Mariners were planning on moving the Academy to Northbridge.

Well I can confirm the Mariners are in negotiations with Northbridge FC to partner with their academy.

So looks like the Mariners are giving CCF the big finger.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred