• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What's happening with the Academy

pjennings

This on July 15th

Moss was happy, however, to trumpet the signing of former All White Stu Jacobs as the Mariners' head of youth football.
Jacobs, who played 31 games for New Zealand, led the Oly Whites to the 2008 Beijing Olympics and the Junior All Whites to the 2007 under-20 World Cup in Canada.
He was the Phoenix assistant coach in 2007-08 and now runs the Capital Kaizen Academy.
''We are going through an overhaul of our youth structure at the moment and I was looking for someone not just with experience in developing national youth league players, but with experience in developing international youth players,'' Moss said.
''Stu's record in New Zealand .th.th. shows that he has worked at all levels of the game at the elite development level. He ticked all the boxes - he's a really honest guy, he's a very hard worker, he's an exceptional coach with a fantastic CV both as a player and as a coach, and he's absolutely dedicated to youth development.''
http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/10265987/Michael-McGlinchey-set-for-his-Phoenix-debut

This today on SFCU Forum from MarinerMick

http://sfcu.com.au/smf202/index.php?topic=20145.600
Mariners pulled the plug on their academy. Owe FNSW a heap of money. Giving it back to Central Coast Football.

CCF has appointed Mark Jones as their technical director and are scouting for a senior coach.

Yoda

CCF website says they have applied for NPL2 next season.. Mariners Academy are close to gaining promotion to NPL1, not sure if CCF can take their place if they are promoted.

eenfish

Yeah didn't CCM and CCF split a while back? I thought CCF were still running the academy with CCM aiming to take over it or something?

Roy Law

"Jacobs... will not only be responsible for the coaching and development of the Mariners- Foxtel National Youth League team, but oversee the Club-s youth scouting network and ensure that the yellow and navy-s football philosophy, methods and culture are properly passed down through the Central Coast Mariners Academy."
I don't really understand how the club can pull the plug on the Academy when employing this guy. I quite liked the idea of a stream of local kids working their way through the age groups in a structured competition in the hope of cracking the big time with the Mariners; I don't like the idea of the Academy being dumped because of more money problems. How can the club foster good relations with local football if it walks away from it; is it all too hard?
A sixteen year old scores two goals for the 20s - what pathway does he now have?

style_cafe

I went to Pluim last night to watch the Academy v Macarthur Rams.
Got there with a light rain falling only to be told it had been washed out.
What the hell did they spend the money on?

Roy Law

neverwozza

I think the issue with running the seniors in PL1 is that they need to pay players half decent money to be competitive in the firsts. I'm pretty sure neither CCM or CCF can afford to do that so I think it will be PL2 for next year.

I have also heard along the grapevine that CCF have appointed a fulltime administrator/manager for the rep programme from a very very successful Sydney club and coupled with Mark Jones appointment it appears that CCF are taking next years reps pretty seriously. I personally don't care who runs the programme as long as there is some stability and consistancy from year to year.

dibo

If it's Ken Schembri (as I've heard rumoured) then it's a pretty good call. He's been immense at Blacktown City over many years, and we've got some pretty strong links to them (McKinna even played there years ago!). Will he be a general purpose football administrator or dedicated to the rep and development programs? If he was dedicated to the reps, that could be a real goer. They'd need to draw in some corporate support to get it really pumping though, so the financial load was carried by commercial revenue rather than cross-subsidies. If they could get it going hard and really pump it as a sister club to the Mariners it could really work.

darrensprod

Release today

Football Manager Appointment

Central Coast Football (CCF) is extremely pleased to announce the appointment of Ken Schembri as Football Manager for the CCF Representative Football Club.

Ken comes to us as one of the most experienced Football Manager’s at NPL level in Australia. Ken has successfully administered Blacktown City Football Club for the past 30 years and has been involved in the development of countless players at youth level along with developing one of the strongest clubs in the Football NSW competitions.

CCF Chairman Darren Sprod, said “When the opportunity came to sign Ken to manage our club we jumped at the chance. Its not everyday that a person with Ken’s Football pedigree becomes available and we believe this will be the start of a new era on the Central Coast for elite youth development”

This announcement, coupled with the appointment of Mark Jones last week, is part of the three year strategic plan to be launched that will provide players on the coast with a true pathway in Elite Football.

Ken will first address all interested players and parents age 9 to 18 at an information session to be held at 7pm on Wednesday 27th August at Club Mingara. On the night Ken will present his vision for the club. The information session is a must for any player considering their options for football in 2015-2017.

If you have any further questions please direct them to admin@ccfootball.com.au

Wombat

Oi.....sproddy....I live near Plium park and would appreciate if you didn't play stupid music over the tannoy at 7.30am on a Sunday morning......or I'm going to take some wire cutters with me next time I take the dog for a walk!!!

darrensprod

Oi.....sproddy....I live near Plium park and would appreciate if you didn't play stupid music over the tannoy at 7.30am on a Sunday morning......or I'm going to take some wire cutters with me next time I take the dog for a walk!!!

OK I will bite

If you have a concern with anything that happens at Pluim Park as a local resident we would only be too happy to talk to you and address these. We need to work in with the local resident around things like, noise, parking and the flooding in the area. At this time of year it can be a bit hectic around there.

However, threatening vandalism to a complex that already costs the local footballer dearly I don't think is a smart move as it will only affect the cost of local football as we would need to put rego fees up to cover the costs of any repairs as has happened with recent vandalism. An example of this is the fact that it now costs us over $100k per year for security , alarms and cameras that is paid for by the people that play our wonderful game. So for someone that portrays themselves as football supporter to threaten vandalism that will only hurt the game doesn't make sense to me.

Happy to for you to wonder across to the office during business hours and have a chat to our staff.

Roy Law

OK I will bite

If you have a concern with anything that happens at Pluim Park as a local resident we would only be too happy to talk to you and address these. We need to work in with the local resident around things like, noise, parking and the flooding in the area. At this time of year it can be a bit hectic around there.

However, threatening vandalism to a complex that already costs the local footballer dearly I don't think is a smart move as it will only affect the cost of local football as we would need to put rego fees up to cover the costs of any repairs as has happened with recent vandalism. An example of this is the fact that it now costs us over $100k per year for security , alarms and cameras that is paid for by the people that play our wonderful game. So for someone that portrays themselves as football supporter to threaten vandalism that will only hurt the game doesn't make sense to me.

Happy to for you to wonder across to the office during business hours and have a chat to our staff.
My word we are sensitive; overly so. If this is an insight to the goings on at the Academy then I am not surprised at the schism between local football and the Mariners.

Atomic

Darren's response seem perfectly reasonable to me. Like all managers / officials / office holders, he's probably fed up with threats, be they tongue in cheek or genuine. The best response is to play with a straight bat.

scottmac

Suspended
Darren's response seem perfectly reasonable to me. Like all managers / officials / office holders, he's probably fed up with threats, be they tongue in cheek or genuine. The best response is to play with a straight bat.
The best response is to let it go through to the keeper. Not shot needed. Especially from management.

Atomic

The best response is to let it go through to the keeper. Not shot needed. Especially from management.
Looks like we'll have to agree to disagree on that :)

We are a fickle bunch. Had there been no response to the tongue in cheek threat of vandalism then someone out there in the ether would have been bleating about the lack of engagement of CCF. I still believe the response was appropriate. Vandalism is no joke, in fact it's a pain in the arse. I hope for Wombat's sake that none cuts the wires… because you know who the cops will be visiting first… lol.

scottmac

Suspended
Looks like we'll have to agree to disagree on that :)

We are a fickle bunch. Had there been no response to the tongue in cheek threat of vandalism then someone out there in the ether would have been bleating about the lack of engagement of CCF. I still believe the response was appropriate. Vandalism is no joke, in fact it's a pain in the arse. I hope for Wombat's sake that none cuts the wires… because you know who the cops will be visiting first… lol.
Must admit i thought the same thing in regards to it actually happening.

Wombat

Whoa....settle down folks.

Darren....thanks for responding and I'm sorry if I alarmed you. I was 100% joking. I love the facility there and would never dream of doing any damage to it. I understand you don't know me and my sometimes silly sense of humour.

Yes it is annoying and selfish for your staff to blast out crap music over the tannoy at 7.30am on the weekend but it doesn't happen every week and if did I would come and have a chat to you or you staff about it in a civilised manner.

Keep up the good work, apart from the sketchy music.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred