• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What should you do if your footy team is crap?

serious14

Arabmariner said:
serious14 said:
If you're 90% of CCM fans you bury your head in the sand and go "la la la I am not listening".

;)
You can't say that stuff.........

Don't you know it's all good ?

;)

Sorry sorry, of course.  No problems of any sort. 

;)

krusty

Well as a parramatta fan and a mariners fan i keep saying next year will be our year. I have been saying that since 86 for parra and the last 4 years for the mariners but next year will be the year of the blue and yellow.

adz

Staff member
serious14 said:
If you're 90% of CCM fans you bury your head in the sand and go "la la la I am not listening".

;)

Clearly wasn't the case last year, did you not see the low crowd figures?

serious14

adz said:
serious14 said:

;)

Clearly wasn't the case last year, did you not see the low crowd figures?

*edit*  "CCM fans that bothered turning up who were still in denial about how shit it had become".    :innocent:

MagpieMariner

It wasn't so bad supporting CCM last season - from the half-way mark it was quite obvious we were crap. So when I went to matches (I only missed one, because of illness, and that one was the defeat of the Scum, what a bastard), I expected crap & so wasn't too disappointed when I got it.
The bad situation is when you support a team which most years is almost but not quite good enough, and you know it. I have supported Collingwood for 50 years, and have sat through more losing Grand Finals than supporters of any other club. That is bad enough, but when your team is in a winning position at half time against the team you hate most in the world (1970 against Carlton comes to mind, aarrrggghhh vomit), you really really want to slash your wrists, throat, genitalia - take your pick - when your team manages to fall in a screaming heap & loses.

Therefore, CCM, please in this coming season, either win everything or be absolutely crap. Being almost good enough but not quite is too soul destroying for me at my age, and besides Collingwood does it so much better, having had so much more experience at it.

midfielder

Just an idea ... my Mum (now in her late 80's) lived near a creek and when someone did not do the right thing they where thrown in the creek...

Many a ref and player went for a dip...

Now we could arrange many things on the coast... the middle of Brisbane waters... the middle of Lake Macquarie, Wyong River.... off a beach...

Of course each player and member of the coaching staff may get different swims... like some could be tired to the wreck when it is sunk... others .. say an own goal thrown into Brisbane Waters...

We would need some kinda of mistake and swim list... and weather or not they are given any aids like a boat or say a ship anchor..

Could be an interesting list ... Thrown in at Soldiers in a heavy sea if you don't give 100% against the SCUM...

Bex

krusty said:
Well as a parramatta fan and a mariners fan i keep saying next year will be our year. I have been saying that since 86 for parra and the last 4 years for the mariners but next year will be the year of the blue and yellow.

Wow, that's so much like me it's creepy.

bjw

bjw
serious14 said:
krusty said:
next year will be our year.

You don't support Liverpool as well by any chance??

tumblr_kyx12pDmGw1qatthco1_400.gif

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Bex said:
krusty said:

Wow, that's so much like me it's creepy.

I been an eel since Cumberland Oval had that unfortunate incident with the naked flame...as for the Mariners and the Slipperys...i'm starting to think its the combination of the colors Blue & yellow

midfielder

I remember walking back to my car one night after we lost at home in the ACL...  a line of folk in their mariners shirts... anyhow these three guys come over and say did Parramatta have a open training night tonight ... what followed was funny ... one of the Parrma guys was pissed to the eye balls and refused to believe these where Mariners colours and wanted to fight everybody .. same guy was having difficulty standing up... sorta of was made me feel what else can go wrong...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred