• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What should be our starting 11?

Wombat

Bojic is a better defender than Porter but Porter overlaps well.  However I definately wouldn't have them both on the same flank as they are BOTH a bit suspect defensively and a decent winger would have a field day.
Both are acceptable as a RB but not ideal.

goingtoadisco

___________Vanstrattan__________
__Porter__Wilko__Dutch__Rose_____
____________Hutcho______________
_____Wee Mac________Bozanic___
______________Perez____________
________Simon_____McBreen______

marinermick

goingtoadisco said:

swap kwasnik for simon and you have your starting eleven

given arnold's comments on tonight's coastfm preview show there is no way that kwasnik won't start

also interesting that there was plenty of slurs in the past five years about lawrie playing favourites yet wilko, hutch, porter and kwassy will all be starting under arnold

Arabmariner

marinermick said:
goingtoadisco said:
there is no way that arnold won't start
Player manager is he ?

;)

But seriously I can't see Simon and McBreen being a success together.One or the other I reckon.

marinermick

Arabmariner said:
marinermick said:
goingtoadisco said:
there is no way that arnold won't start
Player manager is he ?

;)

But seriously I can't see Simon and McBreen being a success together.One or the other I reckon.

lol, mean't to type kwasnik and have adjusted my post

Deej

marinermick said:
goingtoadisco said:

given arnold's comments on tonight's coastfm preview show there is no way that kwasnik won't start

also interesting that there was plenty of slurs in the past five years about lawrie playing favourites yet wilko, hutch, porter and kwassy will all be starting under arnold

I would not be surprised to see Simon and Kwas starting together tbh Mick.

marinermick

Deej said:
marinermick said:
goingtoadisco said:

possibly, but arnold was leaning towards mcbreen on tonight's preview show

also said that he thinking about using simon as a number ten in certain situations where it is not suitable for perez, or for changing things up

very interesting comment

Forum Phoenix

marinermick said:
Deej said:
marinermick said:
goingtoadisco said:

possibly, but arnold was leaning towards mcbreen on tonight's preview show

also said that he thinking about using simon as a number ten in certain situations where it is not suitable for perez, or for changing things up

very interesting comment

Interesting comment indeed. My father was saying throughout the second half of last season that Simon's work rate, strength. ability to bustle past players, defensive hassle/closing down and ability to win the ball in the air would be more valuable for us - a bit ala Mile - in the midfield than upfront. I felt he had a valid point.

Bex

Forum Phoenix said:
Interesting comment indeed. My father was saying throughout the second half of last season that Simon's work rate, strength. ability to bustle past players, defensive hassle/closing down and ability to win the ball in the air would be more valuable for us - a bit ala Mile - in the midfield than upfront. I felt he had a valid point.

Perhaps but can he get past more than one defender or pass accurately?

Kareem

That's Perez qualities
I like Arnold's thinking.
An Alternative to the creative. Amini sounds great, but too similar to Perez...aka if our tactics arent effective (as opposed to Perez sucking in a particular game)
We could then do with...
a cahill type...or a holman type.
The idea's got merit

It's a Plan B. Probably one of McKinna's main weaknesses...and of quite a few other coaches!

neverwozza

I gotta say he was the most frustrating mariners player for me to watch last year as he just had no confidence and I'm not just talking in front of goal. His technique was woeful however I noticed in the Tassie game he provided the killer ball in to the box from deep (I was wondering what he was doing back there). One of his old junior rep coaches is a client of mine and he said they used to play him all around the park because he was so dominate. If the opposition had a really strong attack they would even chuck him in at sweeper. I know its only junior footy but he's probably a bit more versatile than people think.

style_cafe

Hey,
Can anyone give me the heads up on Rose. I don`t know anything about him but reading back he doesn`t seem to get challenged for the left back position.He must be one hell of a strong/durable player too as we don`t seem to have a back up if he gets injured.

tyson

neverwozza said:
I gotta say he was the most frustrating mariners player for me to watch last year as he just had no confidence and I'm not just talking in front of goal. His technique was woeful however I noticed in the Tassie game he provided the killer ball in to the box from deep (I was wondering what he was doing back there). One of his old junior rep coaches is a client of mine and he said they used to play him all around the park because he was so dominate. If the opposition had a really strong attack they would even chuck him in at sweeper. I know its only junior footy but he's probably a bit more versatile than people think.

He played sweeper in my school team in 15s... he was so composed and so quick and dominant as you said, that not many people got past him.

neverwozza

style_cafe said:
Hey,
Can anyone give me the heads up on Rose. I don`t know anything about him but reading back he doesn`t seem to get challenged for the left back position.He must be one hell of a strong/durable player too as we don`t seem to have a back up if he gets injured.

I still reckon its Pedj's best position.

Forum Phoenix

Hey,

Marc Warren is our other specialty Left Back. He did well in the pre season games I saw him feature in.

Our depth/cover/competition for starting 11 is truly very good this year.

But yes, Rose looks quality. Strong, fast and gets forward.
Was playing in one of the top Romanian sides. It's a strong league - so he's well credentialed. Also we signed him very early, so no one's really talking about him any more.

cbowden9000

Kwas and Porter as impact players

------------------Vanstrattan---------------
--Bojic--Wilkinson--Zwaanswijk--Rose--
-------------------Hutchinson----------------
---McGlinchey-------------------Bozanic---
----------------------Perez-------------------
------------Simon-----------McBreen-------

Subs:
Kwasnik
Griffiths
Porter
Ryan (GK)

scottmac

Suspended
But yes, Rose looks quality. Strong, fast and gets forward.
Was playing in one of the top Romanian sides. It's a strong league - so he's well credentialed. Also we signed him very early, so no one's really talking about him any more.

I believe has was marked as a forward in his Romanian team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred