• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What improvements do we want in Hal 4

dibo

bored said:
dibo said:
bored said:
no more salary cap. how can aussie teams entice decent players or seriously compete in the acl against teams who have unlimited amounts to spend

sure, if you like several clubs going bankrupt and a split between the aristocracy and the paupers like in every other bloody league. we've got to walk before we run.
survival of the fittest my friend

the success of 8 a-league clubs is more important than melbourne and sydney being able to do well in the AFCCL - if the mariners and other small-market clubs fold, it doesn't matter how much money sydney can spend, there'd be no league for them anyway.

Jimmy

bored said:
dibo said:
bored said:
no more salary cap. how can aussie teams entice decent players or seriously compete in the acl against teams who have unlimited amounts to spend

sure, if you like several clubs going bankrupt and a split between the aristocracy and the paupers like in every other bloody league. we've got to walk before we run.

Your kidding right?

P

Pete

Jimmydinho said:
bored said:
dibo said:
bored said:

Your kidding right?

Simply put, if we try to entice better and more expensive players we'll start competing with EPL, Serie A and La Liga clubs and they have more than enough money to gazump an Aussie club anytime, if they want to.

There's not enough money in sports (in total) in Australia to have the available dollars to get the best players. Those from Australia who are presently playing EPL/Serie A command millions. Let alone the likes of Kaka, Ronaldo & co.

Better to cap the clubs here, have all the HAL clubs develop along under rules that hold them back from being stupid with player's demands for $$, and have the better club managements work out ways to develop their players, and get a right mix of senior and junior players.

SNOWMARINER

We have got to have salary caps but ones that increase as sponsorship dollars build over seasons. We can't expect it will happen overnight and smart management like we have at the Mariners keeping the balance between the best team possible and being financially responsible is the best way to entice more sponsorship.

I just hope we outlay money on a marquee to lift our profile and give us a good chance of being serious contenders come next years ACL.

Auburn Mariner

Salary Cap stays, permanently.

By the way, I also think that EVERY Football League should have a cap. Can you imagine being a supporter of a club other than Man Utd, Olympique Flaming Arsenalle, Spartak Chel$ki or the Scouse Gits (of the red variety) and KNOWING you cannot win the EPL (honourable mention Blackburn Rovers)?

One of Football's few weaknesses is that there is a massive salary discrepancy in the major leagues. Real and Barca will stop at NOTHIng to buy whom ever they choose, and I do not think that is good in the long run.

Our league will prosper if the cap stays. If not, Frank will buy a team of stars and Bling FC will win 10 premierships in a row. Great for the Cove, crap for the other teams AND the future of the League.

UEFA and the EU will probably never address these issue, but imagine a streamlined EPL with 12-16 teams (inclusive of Celtic, the Ibrox Heathens, a Dublin team out of Landsdowne Rd or Croke Park and a team of Taffees based at the Millenium Stadium), ALL with the same Salary Cap? Then we would see whom the best Management and Physio staff really are, and we'd have a fascinating league with multiple champions each decade.

The two highest supporter leagues in the world are, in order, the NFL & the AFL. What do they both have:

1. Salary Cap
2. Draft

I defy ANYONE to say these two Leagues are unsuccessful.

Atomic

I'm in full agreeance with the cap but yet to be convinced that a draft is necessary. Two examples why that is... 1. The NRL seems to have a pretty even comp (they seem to have a different Grand Final winner every year - more or less - and no draft in place). 2. AFL accusations of Carlton's late season "tanking" in order to get a higher draft pick. This would definitely have to be addressed if a draft was implemented.

kepo

increase the salary cap and make everyone play each other one more time. Extend the comp.
MORE GAMES NEEDED!!!
Get the finals series out of the end of the school holidays!

Gav...

definately extend the comp. every 1 plays each other 4 times. increase the salary cap and introduce a youth draft.

MattSimon

I am a big fan of the salary cap. Sure, after I win the golden boot next season I will be worth millions of dollars to CCM and in order to stay at Gosford I will need to accept a pay cut, but it's better in the long run for the league.

Don

Yeh Matt has scored goals in the past,i just think his a very good footballer,
and too get noticed you need to score more often,i think his one of the work horses
of the team. :popo:

dantheman2259

Atomic said:
I'm in full agreeance with the cap but yet to be convinced that a draft is necessary. Two examples why that is... 1. The NRL seems to have a pretty even comp (they seem to have a different Grand Final winner every year - more or less - and no draft in place). 2. AFL accusations of Carlton's late season "tanking" in order to get a higher draft pick. This would definitely have to be addressed if a draft was implemented.

Perth seemed to be tanking about Rd1 last yr (lol) without draft picks in the league imagine if there were. I reckon it works for AFL but not football

Wombat

Mainly Friday at Sat games only...and never b4 6pm.

Some decent refs....current crop are disgraceful.

Someone kill Craig Foster.

Mariners theme song to be played over the PA before the game.  Get the bloke from Star FM to write it...he's a good song writer (must have a chantable chorus).

Strippers at half time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred