• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What Bay should we move to if we do

fish

serious14 said:
goingtoadisco said:
soooo what bay will the marinators be in next year.............. its all very confusing !

Where the club tells them to??

Not at all, the club never said you must sit here, we went to them after we sat in bay1 to discuss the possibility of moving there,all they have said is we are moving the reserved bay is all and if the Marinators want to use it, its been said before sit where you want to sit.

Atomic

brennan said:
so.... 1/3 of the 'marinators' will be in bay 1
1/3 in bay 16
and 1/3 in bay 23.....?

It may resolve some of the issues that have manifested themselves in Bay 16 last season.

fish

Personally I think bay 23 would be worth a go. People wanted a change so we sat in bay 1 for a game, personally I dont think bay 1 would be a success for many reasons.
Like anything though it is going to need a majority of support to work and be an improvement on 16 on game day.
Its a shame we dont have a pre season to work things out but thats life.
23 will be whatever we want to actively make it to be.

bjw

bjw
Yeah, yeah. Okay.

But you cant really just say.. "stand where you wanna stand" because it'll just deminish the already deminished 'marinators'. Anyway, I personally think alot of people grew to love bay 1 and will turn up, stand and chant there regaurdless of where anyone else is.

fish

thats why the move was discussed to improve the home support.
we cant tell people where to stand, just suggest maybe if we all went and made an effort to make a different bay work we would have a bay thats what we all want?

serious14

brennan said:
I personally think alot of people grew to love bay 1 and will turn up, stand and chant there regardless of where anyone else is.

This.

Nothing wrong with two (or more) groups doing their own thing.  Works for the other clubs, why can't it work here??  Bay 1 ftw.

~Floss~

serious14 said:
brennan said:
I personally think alot of people grew to love bay 1 and will turn up, stand and chant there regardless of where anyone else is.

This.

Nothing wrong with two (or more) groups doing their own thing.  Works for the other clubs, why can't it work here??  Bay 1 ftw.
"Nothing wrong" ??!!

What would be the difference between that and a ...

(wait for it)

:eek: :eek: :eek: "Breakaway Group"  :eek: :eek: :eek: ??

Melsy - One step

serious14 said:
brennan said:

This.

It usually works when the main group have numbers like they do in Melbourne and Sydney but we don't have numbers anywhere like them.

But if your happy to have a splinter/breakaway group then do what you please No One can tell people where to stand but as a Marinator would you not want to make one bay work.

serious14

Melsy - One step said:
as a Marinator would you not want to make one bay work.

I purposefully didn't renew my Marinators membership because I didn't believe in the direction they were taking (I know others have also done the same thing) - and I gotta respectfully disagree re: numbers.... under a roof, you don't actually need as many as you would in the location that 16 was to be as effective.

Besides, having noise coming from two areas in the ground, wouldn't that be a good thing??

Melsy - One step

serious14 said:
Melsy - One step said:

I purposefully didn't renew my Marinators membership because I didn't believe in the direction they were taking (I know others have also done the same thing) - and I gotta respectfully disagree re: numbers.... under a roof, you don't actually need as many as you would in the location that 16 was to be as effective.

Besides, having noise coming from two areas in the ground, wouldn't that be a good thing??

If you have reasons not to renew thats fair enough its your choice and if you want to move away from the group that is fine aswell no one can stop you.

Noise coming from two areas of the ground its not a bad thing But constant Piss taking of our team is bad noise, but i still think more numbers in one area first would be better IMO.

Also does this mean that the people in this area would be all non Marinators therefore they would be there own group called the bay 1ers and deal with Mariners and ground security, so in esence have nothing to do with the Marinators?

kevrenor

Melsy - One step said:
serious14 said:
Melsy - One step said:

If you have reasons not to renew thats fair enough its your choice and if you want to move away from the group that is fine aswell no one can stop you.

Noise coming from two areas of the ground its not a bad thing But constant Piss taking of our team is bad noise, but i still think more numbers in one area first would be better IMO.

Also does this mean that the people in this area would be all non Marinators therefore they would be there own group called the bay 1ers and deal with Mariners and ground security, so in esence have nothing to do with the Marinators?

Marinators Club membership is not needed to be a Marinator! Club membership helps support what Marinators do.  Standing in Bay 16, Bay 1, or Bay 23 is not needed to be a Marinator! Many are in other areas of the ground ... and have been for years!

As for not agreeing with the direction taken by the club ... well if your views were to be put at the meetings (at which attendance is very low) then perhaps the different views would be tested. I don't always agree but attend meetings, put my views, and support the club's democratic decisions.

Melsy - One step

kevrenor said:
Melsy - One step said:
serious14 said:
Melsy - One step said:

Marinators Club membership is not needed to be a Marinator! Club membership helps support what Marinators do.  Standing in Bay 16, Bay 1, or Bay 23 is not needed to be a Marinator! Many are in other areas of the ground ... and have been for years!

As for not agreeing with the direction taken by the club ... well if your views were to be put at the meetings (at which attendance is very low) then perhaps the different views would be tested. I don't always agree but attend meetings, put my views, and support the club's democratic decisions.

Kevrenor I am well aware you do not have to be a paid up marinator to partipate in the Marinators being in a bay wear we stand and sing is not everyones cup off tea ;D.

I also agree with your post about if you don't like the direction in which the marinators club is heading maybe turn up to meetings and have say not just pull out without atleast voicing your opinions in a meeting.

What i was trying to point out is if there are problems that come up from Swearing and bad behaviour from the splinter/breakaway group are the Marinators exec going to be sent emails and asked to answer for the splinter/breakaway groups actions? Or are the splinter group going to answer for themselves.

I'm personally going to support the Marinators in Bay 23 i think its a good move I thought bay 1/2 was a good bay as i stated in my previous posts, but i can see the good points of Bay 23 aswell. 

MagpieMariner

[snip]
Why is the away bay so destined for the away fans? Why not move them to bay 16?

bay 23 is a serious kick in the balls from the club IMO
[/quote]
I'm not in favour of the aways being moved to 16. I like to sit in 17 and the only time I can tolerate scummers near me is when we're beating their arse away. Come to think of it, I can't really tolerate them then either. Having the bling mob nearby isn't real exciting either.

Bear

serious14 said:
Melsy - One step said:

if by noise from 2 different areas you mean chants, songs and cheering coming from bay 23, and nothing but anti hutch, wilko and mckinna comments from bay 1, your spot on. Enjoy bay 1 guys, im sure it will be totally awesome ::)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred