• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

What Bay should we move to if we do

fish

Hi,

We have had a meeting with the Mariners and the stadium to gauge there thoughts on the possibility of moving from  Bay 16 and both parties are very supportive of the idea if its what we want.

I'll run through their thoughts and ideas first.

Their suggestion would be to move to Bay 23 on the Eastern Side.There are a few valid reasons for that.
Firstly, Fox coverage focuses mainly on that side and would add plenty to the look and sound of of that side of the stadium.
Secondly, access in and out of the ground would be a little easier.There is also the possibility of a bar at the back of that bay as well.

The idea of Bay 1 or 2 was also discussed as some want to move there.
While supportive of that they thought in terms of exposure and visual impact it was not the best option as Fox do not cover that area of the stadium in thier coverage.There is also the non alcohol aspect to Bay 2 which will also need to be addresed.

All we are after is input and thoughts on what Bay to persue. I apologise for not adding this to the other thread but we are after definite preference of where.
This is a pretty big decision for us as a group so please give it some thought ,put down your ideas or any pros and cons to moving to either bay.

seating_baylocation.gif

FFC Mariner

Agreed, move the non- alcohol bay and give us 1 +2 would be preferred but if the club seem to think its important fans are seen on fox then 23.

Trouble with 23 is overflow goes to 22 not 24 and I can foresee confusion in a bigger crowd

adz

Staff member
another vote for bay 1 - opposite away fans, and i reckon a lot of randoms who don't know what the go is will wander into 23 as its right where you walk in

Jimmy

adz said:
another vote for bay 1 - opposite away fans, and i reckon a lot of randoms who don't know what the go is will wander into 23 as its right where you walk in

Good point Adz, which leads me to ask:
will the bay be reserved seating or not?

I hope not.

adz

Staff member
f**k I just realised - this is probably really asking "what bay do we want reserved"??
none.

T

Am def not a fan of the reserved seating, specially if they don't offer the kids prices etc.
The sun on that side of the stadium is a killer, and while we don't have many afternoon games this season who knows what the following seasons will bring.
The only real downside with bay 2 is the no alcohol :(

adz

Staff member
I think if we moved to 1-2 the stadium could move the no alcohol bay ... its usually in one of the corner bays anyway??

soundsdifferent

i think being in bay 23 will give all of the marinators a better view of the game/ the big screen and i think being in that postion the marinators will be able to better incrouage the rest of the crowd to get invovled... as they will have crowd on both sides of them... and because it is right next to general admission people in GA bays would be more likely to stand up and shout and get into it than people paying for reserved seats....
the only downside i can see is the sun in the arvo..

bjw

bjw
being across from 'the squadron + kazes' and 'the cove' on derby days is way to mouth-watering to give up.
bay 1 ftw

fedelta

soundsdifferent said:
i think being in bay 23 will give all of the marinators a better view of the game

the view from both bays is the same just opposite ends..
look at the map.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred