• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Western Sydney FC

pjennings

So the news so far - though little of it seems to be confirmed

Executive Chairman - Lyall Gorman
General Manager - John Tsatsimas
Football Operations Manager - Craig Moore

Manager - Tony Popovic
Assistant Manager - Ante Milicic
Goalkeeping Coach - Ron Corry

Michael Beauchamp
Nikolai Topor-Stanley
Tarek Elrich
Shannon Cole
Mark Bridge
Labinot Haliti

Kareem

I heard Lucas Neill is being offered 500k in china (he was on 1.5 mill in Saudi Arabia)

Surely for that kind of money , WS could match them and make him their marquee?

Also interesting to hear that Chipperfield is playing for a team in Wollongong to keep fit until he decides what to do next season. The club has said that whilst Chipperfield has stated his intention to play the full season, he may end up signing an A-league contract. The club is confident they will have him for at least 5 games!

I've got an exam today...so I can't be bothered to find the articles.

Let me know if you want the source (for both Neill + Chipperfield)...and I'll be able to dig them up tonight!

midfielder

Interesting and seems good news...

http://parramattas.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/parramatta-bid-for-league-team.html

Parramatta. Bid for A-League team

Parramatta City Council will present a proposal to the Football Federation Australia to base the Western Sydney A-League team at Parramatta stadium. The package, valued at over $100,000, includes office and retail space in a council-owned building, rent free for 12 months and assistance in promoting the team. “We expect at least 10 games to be played at the stadium each season. Our modelling suggests a Parramatta-based A-League team will generate about $2 million for the local economy for each home game, which is equivalent to nine new jobs per game,” Lord Mayor, Lorraine Wearne, said. A decision is expected by June 25.

midfielder

Wanna work for them ... the ad for their communication manager...

http://www.seek.com.au/Job/content-and-communications-manager/in/sydney-parramatta-western-suburbs/22482209

adz

Staff member
There are companies that charge a crap-load for what they are asking 1 employee to do there

I bet they are paying peanuts too...

Muppet

So we have the draw being announced on what is it?, the 18th or 19th, yet there is nothing so much as a peep out of the new club. So who are we playing in round one then, the Phantoms? No players, No Name, No Colours, No Ground.....nothing.

If the FFA wants the club to succeed then they need to pull their finger out big time. They are leaving things way too late to engage the local community in any meaningful way. In fact they should have kept the momentum going after the fan forums. Only advertising for the Comms Manager role now shows up the incompetence of the FFA in trying to stitch this club together in such a short amount of time.

I seriously want the club to succeed (not too much though) as I am sure everyone does, but to leave things so late in the piece WTF?

finally retired

I seriously want the club to succeed (not too much though) as I am sure everyone does, but to leave things so late in the piece WTF?
hopefully it's just a case of waiting for the right window....what with the Socceroos playing and State of Origin. Now that there is a bit of space, let's hope all is revealed.

awaba

Kit is sweet, love seeing nike in the league ...really will show thru promotions wise, both in WSWs look/branding and also seeing the club and league integrated into some of nike's marketing

Forum Phoenix

Kit looks fantastic I think. Best in the league for mine.

They have a lot of work to do still though.

And just can't believe they didn't go with unicorns?

:blink:

:tv:

Hey and just an aside... where's Dibo gone these days?

Forum Phoenix

Well I don't think Mariner Mick is much of a mystery. Serious however gradually disappeared after he went to the UK.
But Dibo is more recent and just wondering....

priorpeter

Look at this, turning into a love in. I ain't used to this... and there's far too much positiveness. BE MORE PESSIMISTIC, DAMNIT!

Middy, Mick and a couple of others had a big blow up on here a couple of months ago. Something to do with whether Mrdja and Elrich would be administering the players' medication next year. Hope so, would make for an interesting season.

Forum Phoenix

What PP said MF.

I personally blame an intelligent but particularly know all 3rd party who seemed to take no end of delight in doom saying and belittling others, and caused no end of shit. Thankfully he turned out to be wrong about most of his sooth saying. But the subsequent barney that occurred with Adz taking exception to this 3rd parties behaviour had an unfortunate fall out that means we won't be seeing MM on this forum anymore. Now I'm a little worried Dibo got caught up in it somehow too. Really hope not.

Best

FP

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred