• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Well done Yellow Army

FFC Mariner

Both the scum and SFC players are closer to their crowd that our players are.

Their boards are far harsher than this one - have a look and see.

Maybe this is something that ought to be addressed with the club itself?

J

jiggles

Maybe I'm blind (or too drunk) but what kind of shit gets thrown at the players etc, not including this forum (or Mrdja)...

Sym

the shit that Kwassie copped..good on him for even looking at the 'active' supporters after that shit

btw, call and response at eas, back of bay can fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck off

serious14

dibo said:
Paolo said:
tbf the attitude from that stands towards the players over the last year would have a lot to do with the reception we receive currently. We need to earn the players respect back because over the last year or two we have given them nothing and they owe us nothing imo

my 2 cents

thinking back to tianjin teda at home, when the game was still alive and for the most part of the second half the players were given absolutely buckets of abuse, i can kinda understand why they might feel a little cold towards us.

our support is on the right track, it will win back a little affection.

The game may well have been alive, but our joke of an ACL campaign wasn't - they deserved the bollocking they got, not only for the way they played but for their attutude.

If they (and really, it's Mrdja, Kwas, and Hutch on occasion) can't handle honest criticism, then they're in the wrong profession.

FFC Mariner

Sym - stop stirring and grow up.

When Kwas scored the disallowed goal against Fury, he ran straight to bay 23.

They only want to be with the crowd when we win, not when we lose.

Thats a maturity issue

J

jiggles

I didn't hear anything about Kwas, probably cause I love him and I have selective hearing.

Can we not start the back of the bay thing again? The video does it not justice, as it was taken by me...who was at the front...so of course the front is going to sound louder. We worked heaps better together, lets not start this stupid thing again.

dibo

serious14 said:
The game may well have been alive, but our joke of an ACL campaign wasn't - they deserved the bollocking they got, not only for the way they played but for their attutude.

If they (and really, it's Mrdja, Kwas, and Hutch on occasion) can't handle honest criticism, then they're in the wrong profession.

getting right up your team when they've had the better of the play and were unlucky to be one down isn't honest, it's weak. that's not support, it's rubbishing them. at the end they looked frustrated and basically appeared to want to be anywhere but on the pitch. from what we were dishing out, i can't blame them.

did you notice they played better away from home?

FFC Mariner said:
Sym - stop stirring and grow up.

When Kwas scored the disallowed goal against Fury, he ran straight to bay 23.

They only want to be with the crowd when we win, not when we lose.

Thats a maturity issue

it's a pretty new thing, but then so is getting up your team rather than supporting them to the end. i think the champions league experience has left a few scars on both sides.

serious14

dibo said:
did you notice they played better away from home?

I was in Tianjin, so yes.  They copped a bollocking when they let in the piss weak second goal, but still came over and said thanks and the rest of it.  I also questioned Lawrie outside the stadium, in person after the game, about his tactics and such, and he was kind enough to explain why he did what he did.  Some of the players also came and said hi and answered our questions, and others didn't.  Like Andrew said, it's a maturity thing.

One of the things I've discovered and learnt very quickly since moving here is that British/European football support is honest - they don't f*ck around with "oh, be nice to the players otherwise their delicate ego's will be bruised".  Check out Redcafe.net, or RAWK before today to see what I mean.  Or any of the relegation threatened teams forums - you think West Ham/Pompey/Hull fans are happy right now, but sugarcoat it with "oh behave"??

dibo

that comes back to keensy's point - what exactly are they coming over and thanking us for? while redcafe and RAWK might be harsher judges than us, the standard of support is infinitely better. frankly the cove and the NT/SDC/BWB are in the same boat.

which brings me back to...

dibo said:
our support is on the right track, it will win back a little affection.

serious14

Sydney and Melbourne's players are in the same league (literally) as ours.... yet they seem to be able to handle the criticism??  And not all of it constructive - I know that you post on SFCU - surely you'd be aware that that place is downright violent at times - but still, the rapport is there.

I go back to Andrew's point on maturity.

dibo

You've repeated your view, I'll repeat mine: Their support is vastly better - they've earnt the right to be more strident in their criticism.

FFC Mariner

The main abuse in the ACL was from Bays 6 & 7 - far worse than anything you will hear in the bay.

By and large they dont post here either.

Simple fact is that supporters are customers. If your customers dont like the product they will complain. Any business that ignores its customers views will struggle

Paolo

dibo said:
You've repeated your view, I'll repeat mine: Their support is vastly better - they've earnt the right to be more strident in their criticism.
Plus juan

We have shown nothing in last two years to suggest we deserve any more thanks then the rest of the ground gets.

Jerem

poko said:
I didn't hear anything about Kwas, probably cause I love him and I have selective hearing.

Can we not start the back of the bay thing again? The video does it not justice, as it was taken by me...who was at the front...so of course the front is going to sound louder. We worked heaps better together, lets not start this stupid thing again.
agreed poko!, in the 3.5 years ive followed yellow, i havent seen such progress in the bay at such a pace, i hope like hell this keeps building, it may mean a full bay by the pointy end.
i just say give this move forward, pun intended a big chance to bring us up in numbers and consistency.

marinersman

I agree with serious and ffc. Spend some time in Europe and then you'll see real criticism and unhappiness. I'm sure happy can tell us plenty of stories about German supporters.

Every supporter had every right to be pissed off with player effort last season and in Asia. Perhaps some players need to be more honest in self appraisal. As a football nation in general, we are far to sensitive to criticism and that extends to players. If they want to enjoy a great life as a professional footballer, with it comes ups and downs and by that I mean praise and criticism.

If my boss or a customer was unhappy, it says something about me, not them. I go away and evaluate my work and take it on board and try to learn and improve. I don't get precious or bitter or angry.

I was at the Adelaide game away earlier this season and not one player came within 50m of where we were seated at the end of the game to give us a clap. I was extremely disappointed and it showed a basic lack of respect and gratitude. I spent my hard earned and the least the could do is show some appreciation. This isn't England where a two hour drive is a long way. It takes serious commitment to follow your away team in this country.

Every player at every club in the HAL needs to fully understand that without supporters they have no club and therefore no job.

Forum Phoenix

Easy to say, they should, we shouldn't...etc... but pointless imo.
Can argue with reality certainly, but you can't win.

Should players cop abuse, yes.
Why?  Simply, because they do.

Do players have to like copping abuse? No. Why? Because obviously they don't.

Do players have to stay cozy with the supporters group if they're being abused?
Looks like the answers is again obviously no.

Should all fans stay positive and support their team to the bitter end?
No, because clearly they don't.

So then it's a case of everyone choosing what they value most based on reality...
For us, if its close connection with the team after matches, sharing their ups and downs and feeling appreciated for giving suppport... obviously, at this point in time, its not very compatible with us also venting frustrations on the players and coach. Both on here or at matches.

For the players...

If they want a strong active supporter group...
It would seem more interaction after games even if it means knowing that some of the people are abusive at times would be good.

But they are free to choose, as are we... depending on what matters to us/them.

No point in all the righteous "Shoulds" just leads to disappointment and frustration on both sides.

FFC Mariner

They are not "free to choose"

They are paid employees and whether they like it or not, they are paid by their customers. Those customers have the right to complain, have the right to applaud.

J

jiggles

And what about those who DON'T complain? They come away feeling even more ripped off.

FFC Mariner

poko said:
And what about those who DON'T complain? They come away feeling even more ripped off.

Marketing theory will tell you that those are the customers who stop buying your product.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred