• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Well done Yellow Army

Arabmariner

I really don't know what the big deal is  ???

At the end of a game if we've won I'll hang around for a minute or two and give them an extra cheer/clap or whatever.

If we've been beaten I'm off as soon as that whistle goes (or before if it's a hammering).I've got no desire to hang around and receive a clap from the players.

I remember when watching DUFC if we were getting beaten close to full time there would be a defining moment.....a missed chance or another goal to the opposition......and the majority of the crowd would mutter "that's it I've had enough"....and the stadium would empty en masse.

The same would happen if it was the other way around and we'd take great delight in singing the "cheerio, cheerio" song to the opposition support.

I can't be bothered with all this cuddley cuddley stuff.

I cheer them when they're good and abuse them when they're pish.

And when the whistle goes I'm out of there ! (except for reeeeeally special ones like 3-0 v scum in major post season comp semi final 2nd legs)  ;)

Sean

I think that this club is alot closer to the supporters than most of you think.

Players know a fair few of the Marinators by name, and reading this forums abuse, or copping shit at trial matches from 2 metres away, or being abused from a balcony etc they would remember faces and names and they know clearly that these people are in the bay because quite simply its the same 50 people standing there. They're not going to come over and hug you or give you a high five a week after you've approached them after a game, or heckled them to their car, or read some of the most offensive, threatening trype on this forum that a "supporter" could write, their is disagreement for their performance yes, but then there is just outright abuse. Draw a line and figure out what you provide to our team, abuse or support.

Maybe if you were a Sydney fan or a Melb fan the whole paying customer thing works, but this is still a relatively small club (and small town) in terms of who knows who.
I remember a time in V1-V2 when the support did nothing but support, there we had your players approach the bay and want something to do with us.
This new support is a step towards this direction.

Bear

Paolo said:
dibo said:
You've repeated your view, I'll repeat mine: Their support is vastly better - they've earnt the right to be more strident in their criticism.
Plus juan

We have shown nothing in last two years to suggest we deserve any more thanks then the rest of the ground gets.

pull your f**king head in with the "the last 2 years have been shit" comments

were you there in bay 16 every game? if you were, where do you get this theory that there was nothing done that deserved a show of appreciation

your insulting everyone who put in effort over those 2 years bucko

bjw

bjw
Paolo said:
dibo said:
You've repeated your view, I'll repeat mine: Their support is vastly better - they've earnt the right to be more strident in their criticism.
Plus juan

We have shown nothing in last two years to suggest we deserve any more thanks then the rest of the ground gets.

+1 to dibo and paolo.... our support will continue to grow in the right direction though.

J

jiggles

zycie said:
Paolo said:
dibo said:
Plus juan

+1 to dibo and paolo.... our support will continue to grow in the right direction though.

+1.

fedelta

Bear said:
Paolo said:
dibo said:
Plus juan

pull your f**king head in with the "the last 2 years have been shit" comments

were you there in bay 16 every game? if you were, where do you get this theory that there was nothing done that deserved a show of appreciation

your insulting everyone who put in effort over those 2 years bucko

:popcorn:

FFC Mariner

More to the point, I'm not aware that anyone has asked for the bay to get special treatment either.

The events at Newcastle were to the entire away support which included people who go into the Bay at BT and a lot who dont.

Are people suggesting that if we segregated the away support into Bay and "others" that the players would have rushed over to the "others" and ignored the bay?

Lets stick to reality here, this is simply about the interaction between the crowd and the players generally.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred