• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Welcome Paolo! Paul Okon is CCM's new coach

Big Al

If WSW want him I don’t begrudge him of that as long as he completes his contract here.

He is WSW boy and has a young family so would suit him personally.

We can’t be weak and let him go early though. That would pass that disruption from WSW on to us and we need to stop being whipping boys for the rest of the league to use and abuse us.

Can’t see WSW waiting for a year though and especially considering they have a title chance. I don’t see WSW using Foxe for 1 year unless is given the job and fails.

JoyfulPenguin

If Paolo wishes to go at the end of his contract then I wouldn't begrudge him, obviously would prefer him as our coach for a long time but he is from Western Sydney. Would not be happy if he broke his contract here though, he is contracted and that needs to be honoured.

rbakersmith

This from Gatty on Twitter:

Can reveal wanderers chairman Paul Lederer has flatly denied the club has held talks with Paul Okon re coaching job

Further I believe Ramon Tribuliext, Gombau, Jean-Paul de Marigny and Mark Rudan on short list.

Timmah

The journalist appears to have inserted those words of his own rather than MC having said them I feel? That's normally what those brackets mean.

He is contracted til the end of 2017/18 (this season) as far as I recall.

Big Al

The journalist appears to have inserted those words of his own rather than MC having said them I feel? That's normally what those brackets mean.

He is contracted til the end of 2017/18 (this season) as far as I recall.
Correct, good pick up its the journo in both mentions not MC.

MC just says finish his contract and journo assume that's next year

JoyfulPenguin

If Paolo can't make the finals with this squad is he out? He's a capable coach but with the quality we have we should be more than capable of achieving that.

scottmac

Suspended
If Paolo can't make the finals with this squad is he out? He's a capable coach but with the quality we have we should be more than capable of achieving that.
No.
He's not out.
We're playing good football. We've been sometimes sloppy, sometimes unlucky. He's fixed the leak at the back for now. I said last year that we won't see his complete influence on this team until 2018-19. We can already see what type of manager he is and the football he wants his team to play. It's great football and entertaining. The best we've played. Its just not very quick right now. Once they get a bit more direct and forward thinking with the possession then it will work.

As for quality, brisbane had 2 first team defenders out tonight and look at the team they put out. Now imagine we lose 2 first team defenders . How would that go for us?

Gratis

No.
He's not out.
We're playing good football. We've been sometimes sloppy, sometimes unlucky. He's fixed the leak at the back for now. I said last year that we won't see his complete influence on this team until 2018-19. We can already see what type of manager he is and the football he wants his team to play. It's great football and entertaining. The best we've played. Its just not very quick right now. Once they get a bit more direct and forward thinking with the possession then it will work.

As for quality, brisbane had 2 first team defenders out tonight and look at the team they put out. Now imagine we lose 2 first team defenders . How would that go for us?
We may find out of Friday depending how Baro pulls up and Roux out

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Hard to say. The football we have now isn't up to the standard of the rest of the competition, clearly. I think we're overstating ourselves by talking about how good the football is. It shows promise, but a season of 'showing promise' isn't a season of results, and everybody deserves results.
If we keep playing like this all season with these results then he may not last the season itself - although I don't think there are really any aussie coaches to look at. Depending who's off contract next season, of course.

Big Al

Needs to be close to the six. Needs to improve on last year

However last two weeks have shown the ability to fix a problem. The defence was horrible but now is ironing out the issues.

The players blew the MV game. Should have scored and the players were very sloppy yesterday but DDS should have scored. We should have 2 wins and be in the middle of the pack

Big Al

The fact we are changing the youth system so it’s Okon ball for 13’s to seniors says the club believes in him and his plans.

Still has half a squad of left overs and limited cash. Give him big club money and we’d be better

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred