• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Weekend 16 - CCMFC vs Reds

ash460

Once again wombat gives a pretty good review.
That was the best home win I've watched in a while.
Thought we were all ordinary in the first half with Griff and Hutch very poor in the halves. An error from Pat also giving van dyke a couple of metres was costly.
Hutches worst performance since being back and i thought we changed from the 2nd half subs.. Great work Ollie in setting up the equalizer and has probably grabbed a start on his 30mins. No real standouts up front for me and I'm still at a loss with what we should do. Thought Mcbreen was better than hearf as a starter and again don't think Bernie is doing enough. Nice finish by Kwaz again but don't think he's a starter still??
Rogic looked decent but didn't get to see too much of what he's got to offer. Does he have pace to play up front or is he a midfielder?
Great save by Matty to keep us even before the winner and Pedj's work ethic again was unbelievable. Although sometimes basic skills let him down, he is improving.

I think the last 2 games we have probably only deserved 1 or 2 points out of 6 but to take 6 from 6 shows the boys will fight till the end. Champion sides grind out wins when their not at their best and I hope we are that this year.

Roy Law

I hope this has substance LOL
There can be no doubt after this game that the Mariners will take out the Premiership and with it a second consecutive crack at the ACL. The lead at the top is almost insurmountable but add to that the smiles of the fortune gods and a huge dose of indomitable spirit and it is a certainty. The Championship is another matter and the Mariners will need to bring back their mojo for the Finals.
I was expecting changes for this game but not quite the ones Arnie pulled. I thought he would spell Hutch and Bernie but instead he benched Bozanic and left Amini in the stands for the young gun Tomas Rogic. We certainly started well enough and when Bojic’s dynamic run and cross was despatched by McBreen I sat back waiting for the avalanche; unfortunately it happened at the other end. Mistakes by Zwaanswijk are like hen’s teeth but he allowed Van Dyk too much space and we were one down; likewise with Wilko but somehow Djite outmuscled him and it was two - one. Ryan threw his arms up in the air as if to say “What the...?” as the Mariners’ twin towers of strength collapsed in front of him. Djite was playing like a State of Origin front rower, making yards every time he had the ball with defenders falling off him; Ryan couldn’t hold a fierce drive but did well to block the follow up and then Djite’s cheeky flick off the inside of the heel deserved a better fate. Vidosic joined in with a powerful header which fortunately went straight at Mat Ryan. All Adelaide at this point and well worth their lead. As the half closed Bojic showed the Mariners weren’t done with yet with a great run and shot which had an anxious Galekovic scrambling.
The Mariners came out all guns blazing in the second half and were much, much better. A shot by Bernie past the post and then he should have done better with a header from McGlinchey’s excellent work on the right. No goals yet but the intent was there – Adelaide were being pushed back. Arnie wisely pulled an angry Hutchinson and brought on the lively Bozanic; Rogic showed his potential with great skill under pressure and a perfect pass to McBreen – it was to be his last contribution as Hearfield replaced him; Kwasnik replaced a clearly exhausted Bernie. The changes worked, the tempo of the Mariners was much more urgent, the go forward more dynamic. Brilliant work by Bozanic found Kwasaldinho at the far post, a sublime first touch and Galekovic could do nothing about the equalizer. It was the Mariners calling the shots now with Bozanic and Hearfield lively. And then came one of those moments, so dramatic, so amazing, that changed the outcome of the game. A deflected Adelaide cross found an unmarked Van Dyk, it seemed all money that he would score but Ryan miraculously got a finger to the shot; the ball hit the far post and rolled tantalisingly along the goal line into Ryan’s grateful arms. Play immediately sped down the other end with Hearfield breaking on the right; his perfectly weighted cross was well met by McBreen but Galekovic showed he could still match Ryan in the keeping stakes but unfortunately for him Josh Rose was on the spot to thunder the blocked shot home. 3-2 to the Mariners when seconds earlier it could have been 3-2 to Adelaide!
Kosmina had taken off the impressive Djite for Ramsay to counter the runs of Bojic which meant he had little fire power to make a come-back. Boogard brought a regulation save from Ryan but it was the Mariners who played out the closing moments and Arnie couldn’t hide the smile on his face.

Ryan: one great save; otherwise a steady game
Bojic: MoM by some distance. An outstanding game – perhaps he wants a longer contract?
Rose: very solid, almost back to his best
Wilko and Zwaansijk: both had a first half to forget but second half looked more like their usual selves
Griffiths: untidy early on but distribution improved as the game went on
McGlinchey: hung on to the ball too long in the first half but second half caused his usual body distorting problems
Hutch: I said at the start he should have been spelled for this. Looked laboured and doesn’t have the pace to trouble defenders. Fifth yellow probably at a good time for him
Bozanic: really lifted the tempo of the team
Rogic: Nice first touch, good vision but physically struggled and was by-passed a lot of the time. Showed, though, the seam of gold hidden inside his languid frame with his final piece of skill and pass to McBreen
Hearfield: lively but frustrating; often took the wrong option or was too slow but made up for it with his cross to McBreen
McBreen: worked his socks off and scored a good goal. Doing a good job of being the physical presence up front.
Bernie: Is always better when he comes looking for the ball and wasn’t afraid to have a go. Look exhausted when he walked off –I think Arnie will rest him for the next game
Kwasnik: there is only one and he looked up for it. A well taken goal and his touch and movement were good. Likely to start next week

style_cafe

I lost brownie points....."didn't you go last weekend....you've been away all week....let's go out to dinner". Thanks FFA your dodgy scheduling has got me in the shit again!

Still, you can't be the perfect husband all the time.

Go buy some orange overalls & get "Rural Fire Service" put on the back.Get some boots,gloves etc. & tell her you`ve joined up.
It`s the perfect excuse to get away at odd times.
Just get a mate to ring you aound 3pm to say you`re needed & that`s your leave pass for a few hours....lol

tsd

loved the 343 formation, loved the olly / weemac switch. its no coincidence that rose starting playing well and scored when weemac was over there with him. weemac is the best player in our team at the moment... top goal assists in the league!

MrCelery

Go buy some orange overalls & get "Rural Fire Service" put on the back.Get some boots,gloves etc. & tell her you`ve joined up.
It`s the perfect excuse to get away at odd times.
Just get a mate to ring you aound 3pm to say you`re needed & that`s your leave pass for a few hours....lol

Get a new partner. Anyone who stands between a man and his football clearly has no respect, and can stand aside thank you. :naughty:

Wombat

I hope this has substance LOL
There can be no doubt after this game that the Mariners will take out the Premiership and with it a second consecutive crack at the ACL. The lead at the top is almost insurmountable but add to that the smiles of the fortune gods and a huge dose of indomitable spirit and it is a certainty. The Championship is another matter and the Mariners will need to bring back their mojo for the Finals.
I was expecting changes for this game but not quite the ones Arnie pulled. I thought he would spell Hutch and Bernie but instead he benched Bozanic and left Amini in the stands for the young gun Tomas Rogic. We certainly started well enough and when Bojic’s dynamic run and cross was despatched by McBreen I sat back waiting for the avalanche; unfortunately it happened at the other end. Mistakes by Zwaanswijk are like hen’s teeth but he allowed Van Dyk too much space and we were one down; likewise with Wilko but somehow Djite outmuscled him and it was two - one. Ryan threw his arms up in the air as if to say “What the...?” as the Mariners’ twin towers of strength collapsed in front of him. Djite was playing like a State of Origin front rower, making yards every time he had the ball with defenders falling off him; Ryan couldn’t hold a fierce drive but did well to block the follow up and then Djite’s cheeky flick off the inside of the heel deserved a better fate. Vidosic joined in with a powerful header which fortunately went straight at Mat Ryan. All Adelaide at this point and well worth their lead. As the half closed Bojic showed the Mariners weren’t done with yet with a great run and shot which had an anxious Galekovic scrambling.
The Mariners came out all guns blazing in the second half and were much, much better. A shot by Bernie past the post and then he should have done better with a header from McGlinchey’s excellent work on the right. No goals yet but the intent was there – Adelaide were being pushed back. Arnie wisely pulled an angry Hutchinson and brought on the lively Bozanic; Rogic showed his potential with great skill under pressure and a perfect pass to McBreen – it was to be his last contribution as Hearfield replaced him; Kwasnik replaced a clearly exhausted Bernie. The changes worked, the tempo of the Mariners was much more urgent, the go forward more dynamic. Brilliant work by Bozanic found Kwasaldinho at the far post, a sublime first touch and Galekovic could do nothing about the equalizer. It was the Mariners calling the shots now with Bozanic and Hearfield lively. And then came one of those moments, so dramatic, so amazing, that changed the outcome of the game. A deflected Adelaide cross found an unmarked Van Dyk, it seemed all money that he would score but Ryan miraculously got a finger to the shot; the ball hit the far post and rolled tantalisingly along the goal line into Ryan’s grateful arms. Play immediately sped down the other end with Hearfield breaking on the right; his perfectly weighted cross was well met by McBreen but Galekovic showed he could still match Ryan in the keeping stakes but unfortunately for him Josh Rose was on the spot to thunder the blocked shot home. 3-2 to the Mariners when seconds earlier it could have been 3-2 to Adelaide!
Kosmina had taken off the impressive Djite for Ramsay to counter the runs of Bojic which meant he had little fire power to make a come-back. Boogard brought a regulation save from Ryan but it was the Mariners who played out the closing moments and Arnie couldn’t hide the smile on his face.

Ryan: one great save; otherwise a steady game
Bojic: MoM by some distance. An outstanding game – perhaps he wants a longer contract?
Rose: very solid, almost back to his best
Wilko and Zwaansijk: both had a first half to forget but second half looked more like their usual selves
Griffiths: untidy early on but distribution improved as the game went on
McGlinchey: hung on to the ball too long in the first half but second half caused his usual body distorting problems
Hutch: I said at the start he should have been spelled for this. Looked laboured and doesn’t have the pace to trouble defenders. Fifth yellow probably at a good time for him
Bozanic: really lifted the tempo of the team
Rogic: Nice first touch, good vision but physically struggled and was by-passed a lot of the time. Showed, though, the seam of gold hidden inside his languid frame with his final piece of skill and pass to McBreen
Hearfield: lively but frustrating; often took the wrong option or was too slow but made up for it with his cross to McBreen
McBreen: worked his socks off and scored a good goal. Doing a good job of being the physical presence up front.
Bernie: Is always better when he comes looking for the ball and wasn’t afraid to have a go. Look exhausted when he walked off –I think Arnie will rest him for the next game
Kwasnik: there is only one and he looked up for it. A well taken goal and his touch and movement were good. Likely to start next week

style_cafe

We`ve definitely been kissed on the dick by a fairy!!!
What a roller coaster ride that game was.
Our first goal was some good work by Pedj down the right with a very good cross. McBreen had to work hard but scored probably his best ever goal for us.
We went to sleep after that Adelaide lifted a gear to put us 2-1 down about ten minutes later.
Van Dijk caught Dutchy out with a great turn to give him time to place his shot then minutes later Wilko was caught out with another great turn by Djite from a throw in.
After half time Arnie made some subs bringing on Kwassie ,Hearfield & Olly in quick succession then switching Weemac to left midfield & Olly to right which worked brilliantly.It gives us more attacking options by having them come to their favoured side more than just going down the flanks.
Kwassies goal was just Kwassie at his best, whilst Rosey`s was a combination of a great cross from Hearfield (our best provider from out wide), a deft touch from McBreen & a superb run from Rose who timed it to perfection as the second man in the attack & he was able to clean & with the winner.
Ryan 8 – made one of the best saves to deny Van Dijk a second goal the recoved quickly to hold out the rebound .Amazing stuff.
Pedj 7- his cross for the first goal was great. His subsequent crosses were dismal.
Wilko 8- apart from Djites goal he was superb in defence.
Dutchy 7- aways strong but i`m concerned about the little mistakes creeping into his game.
Rose 7- a solid performance .His run for the 3rd goal was vintage Rose
Hutcho 6 –disappointing after a good run of form.
Weemac 8 - another fantastic game.I`d like to see him release the ball earlir instead of beating the same man 3 times though.
Griffith 7.5 – defensively strong with intelligent runs & passes from the back third
Rogic 7- an impressive debut, I think this kid is going to be something very special
Bernie 6 –hasn`t made much of an impression since we lost Simon. Has had chances but failed to convert.
McBreen 7- has improved tremendously this season,scored a very good goal& lifted his work rate when Rogic went off
Subs
Kwassie 6.5 – scored a classic goal but other than that he jest runs straight lines & does nothing to assist the midfielders .
Olly 7.5 – He really lifted the tempo of the game & looked very sharp
Hearfield 7.5 – I wish he played this good for 90 mins but looks great as a super sub-
Arnie 9- I`m just getting the feeling that each week we see another part of Arnies master plan.
MOM
3 Wilko
2 Weemac

Roy Law

It is a pleasure to watch Arnie going about his work these days not only the way he supports his players but also his willingness to change line-up before a game and then the change of tactics throughout. The game against GVE's Jets was a masterclass and against Kossie he didn't panic but kept making changes - substitutions and shape - that worked. The players must love playing under him, especially when he asks and trusts them to play different roles at different times in the game - McBreen, Hearfield, Bozanic, Hutchinson and McGlinchey all have responded. Smart move too to play Rogic if the club is about to lose Amini to the Olyroos.

scoober

I Believe the formation change Arnie made when The Glinch and Ollie switched was a move to a 2-4-4, thats two at the back!!! as Adelaide had dropped Djite into a deeper role and no pressing from their midfield AND being a goal down....... unheard of but major balls to do it!!

marinermick

I Believe the formation change Arnie made when The Glinch and Ollie switched was a move to a 2-4-4, thats two at the back!!! as Adelaide had dropped Djite into a deeper role and no pressing from their midfield AND being a goal down....... unheard of but major balls to do it!!

Arnie said it was supposed to be three at the back but he couldn't stop Pedj from going forward,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred