• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Weekend 16 - CCMFC vs Reds

Golly

thinking that ccm will take the points
can feel us scoring 3
ibini amini glinch
maybe late goal to vidisic from deflection

Roy Law

Completely outplayed in first half; need to keep possession not pass to Adelaide...intriguing second half coming up!

gull

Great game - deserved a better crowd. Magnificent second half - we gave them nothing, and Wilko kept Van Dyke totally quiet. Go Mariners!

Roy Law

A dreadfully low attendance for the best team in the country is probably the main reason Arnie will one day pack his bags and move on; and that would be a tragedy.

Muppet

A dreadfully low attendance for the best team in the country is probably the main reason Arnie will one day pack his bags and move on; and that would be a tragedy.

What a crock of poo. Crowd attendance will have nothing to do with it.

gull

By the way thought Rogic played well in his first game. Grew in confidence as the game went on...

pjennings

By the way thought Rogic played well in his first game. Grew in confidence as the game went on...

I thought that the team seemed to lose faith him in soon after our first goal. From then it went downhill as we resorted to long ball to avoid him.

shipwreck

Dunno, Arnie strikes me as too blue collar to let something as stupid as crowd figures dictate his decision making, not a glamour coach for mine

Golly

True believer you might have a diff opinion tomorrow when you realized you posted when you were pissed !!! As usual
Lmfao

Wombat

0-0 Draw, GCU on NYE-esque

Heard it here first

crowd 7K, a sunny Saturday at 17:30 is shit for us and the coast knows it, entire Eastern side will be staring right into the sun for the whole game.

Picking Amini to have a shocker and Hearfield to absolutely own tonight

Holy shit.....don't take up fortune telling!

Still at least you were close on the crowd numbers.

Wombat

Wouldn`t you think that the light rain & a saturday arvo would be perfect to get away from the missus. :rolleyes:

I lost brownie points....."didn't you go last weekend....you've been away all week....let's go out to dinner". Thanks FFA your dodgy scheduling has got me in the shit again!

Still, you can't be the perfect husband all the time.

midfielder

WeeMac best on park IMO .... Olly awesome whne he came on... full marks to GA dragged off non performing players early in the second half....

When you look at the playing list of all the clubs and the money each club pays ... it says a lot for GA....

Wombat

Weird game really. Adelaide didn't have that much but terrible marking in the box nearly cost us the game and if they had scored the third goal we would have been lucky to escape with a draw. Both their strikers are quality and to give them yards of space in the box is crazy. First time since Wilko has been back that we have been so slack defensively.
On the positive once we rejigged in the second half we got the belief back started to play football again instead of the long ball rubbish.
Crowd was to be expected with bad weather and having played at BT two weeks on the trot...also Adelaide are not a sexy team.
I thought atmosphere was good and thought Yellow Army were great tonight.
We need to work on our movement off the ball.

Ryan 7.5. Good
Bojic 8. On that performance he deserves a 3 year contract.
Dutchy 6.5. Pretty sure he was to blame for first goal...haven't seen any replays. Still looked classy just needs to mark tighter. Became dominant as the game went on.
Wilko 7. No complaints.
Rose 6.5. Left Sergio completely unmarked at the back post and nearly cost us the game. thirty seconds later he scores us the winner...it's a funny game, football. So glad he signed on for another 3 years I expect him to step up to last years level now, which is great timing.
WeeMac 7.5. Great game. In a rich vein of form ATM.
Griffo 6. Terrible in the first half but vastly improved in the second.
Rogic 6.5. Clearly has a lot of talent and was good sporadicly. Work rate needs to lift but promising. One mate rated him highly, other one thought he was out of his depth. I lean towards the former.
Hutcho 5. Poor. His passing was terrible. We improved immensely once he went off.
McBreen. 6.5. Quite good and nice finish. Occasionally took wrong option but a true workhorse.
Bernie 6. A couple of great moments but generally flatter than normal.

Subs.
Kwas 8. Kwassie was fantastic tonight and saved our arse for the second game running.
Olly 7. Very lively and him and Kwas were the catalysts for our win.
Hearfield 7. A good cameo.

Bernie 6. Some great moments but his moment

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Jeez, lady luck has been on our side this week. I only caught the 2nd half, and from what I gather our first half was about as bad as our entire match against Heart. 2nd half was a really good fight, we played with a lot of ticker and just kept slogging away. Tremendous improvement from Wednesday - and once again good fortune smiled on us at the end: that near goal from Adelaide that just couldn't cross the line and a fortunate deflection from the keeper for our 3rd goal.

That, and I'm pretty sure Kwassie was slightly offside for the 2nd goal :p

Good to see Kwassie getting his strike in - he's finishing these plays like it's what he was born to do, using just the right amount of power.

Difficult to say much about specific players - watching the online stream leaves the players as little more than yellowish-bluish blobs on the screen :p

I won't be sorry to miss Hutcho next week, he's starting to bug me...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred