• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

WCQ - Socceroos away vs Iraq & Qatar

Paolo

Perm said:
Dear Socceroos,

Please do not impregnate your wives until after 2010.
Thanks.
Dear Socceroos

Feel free to impregnate as many women as you like but please remember to get your priorities straight and always be available for the socceroos no matter what.

thanks

Gopher of Pern

Perm said:
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=574884

Socceroos climb world rankings to 35
By Guy Hand 09:32 AEST Thu Jun 5 2008
The Socceroos have climbed to 35 in the world rankings and top of their qualifying group.

The Socceroos will go into their World Cup qualifier against Iraq in Dubai this weekend as Asia's top ranked soccer team.

Australia's 1-0 victory over Iraq in Brisbane last weekend moved them up eight places to No.35 on world governing body FIFA's rankings, with former top ranked Japan dropping one place to No.38.

The Socceroos are currently top of their Asian World Cup qualifying group, and are unbeaten in their past six matches - most against opponents ranked above or around them.

Australia can guarantee themselves advancement to the next stage of Asian World Cup qualifying with maximum points against Iraq at the 16,000-capacity Al Ahli Stadium on Saturday (Sunday AEST).

The Socceroos have seven points, and three more would ensure a top two berth and a place in the next stage starting later this year.

Not true.

We win, putting us on 10 points. Depending on the China/Qatar Result, both of those teams will have the chance to get 10 or more, assuming Iraq and us lose to them in the final 2 rounds. If Qatar and Aus win this weekend, we have a guaranteed top 2 finish, but any other result and we still might be eliminated (as unlikely as it may be).

Andy

Jade North injured hs knee following a challenge from Chris Coyne in training. Good news.

Alicia

World Cup Qualifier Qatar v Australia
02:00 am - 04:00 am
Sunday June 15 200
Fox Sports 3

I'm getting really annoyed with these games starting at 2am.  I either forget it's on and go to bed, or can't stay awake and go to bed. :(

Mariner Girl

I am having trouble staying awake at work - between the Socceroos late starts and the Euro matches. This is killing me. I think I need someone to slap me to wake me up.  :tv: :pirashoot:

graaant

Where is everyone going to be watching this game?
I and a couple of mates are eager to watch, but don't have fox.
Any ideas whether Leaguesy will televise this? Or is there an alternate Marinators venue?

serious14

Knowing that he will probably get a run tonight, I just have to say this..........

*sigh*  Brett.  F*cking.  Holman. *sigh*

*angry face*

FFC Mariner

Perhaps Holman is a secret plant by the FFA to make sure Australia lose tonight and then the China game is a blockbuster sellout.

marinermick

everytime i hear the name brett holman i think of hans moleman

222px-Hans_Moleman.png

serious14

Greenpoleffc said:
Perhaps Holman is a secret plant by the FFA to make sure Australia lose tonight and then the China game is a blockbuster sellout.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You know something we don't??

nikko

Suspended
graaant said:
Where is everyone going to be watching this game?
I and a couple of mates are eager to watch, but don't have fox.
Any ideas whether Leaguesy will televise this? Or is there an alternate Marinators venue?

I am just heading off to pulse to watch the game, have a few warm vb's and shoot up in the toliet at half time

serious14

Seems we're lining up under a 4-2-3-1

Schwarzer
Wilkshire  North  Beauchamp  Carney
Valeri  Culina
Emerton  Holman  Bresciano
Kewell

Holman as the attacking fulcrum??  :vomit:

Kewell as a lone striker??  :-\  I know the guy is great, but he's not a lone striker.

Hope Pim knows what he's doing.....  :popcorn: :tv:

serious14

Peter Verbeek??  George Forsatti??

Translation is quite amusing sometimes.  Loving the marching band though..... and the commentary position is behind the goals!!!!  Hahaha!!!!  And a _sandstorm_ blowing outside??    Only in the wonderful world of football......

;D

P

Pete

3 - 0, 3 - 0, 3 - 0.

Through to the next stage..... :pirashoot: :thumbup:

Emerton x 2, Kewell.

Auburn Mariner

Good result in the heat of Doha. Good job, Pim and the lads.

Warning; we will seriously have to step it up in the next stage. Qatar and China are rubbish, Iraq are OK.

First time I have been convinced about Holman, and there is continuing joy in seeing Michael Beauchamp play in green and gold.

marinermick

Auburn Mariner said:
Good result in the heat of Doha. Good job, Pim and the lads.

Warning; we will seriously have to step it up in the next stage. Qatar and China are rubbish, Iraq are OK.

First time I have been convinced about Holman, and there is continuing joy in seeing Michael Beauchamp play in green and gold.

while lolman's energy and workrate was fantastic in the heat he still has the touch of a rapist

i lost count as the number of times he gave the ball away in midfield and put us under pressure

and i think that jade north is starting to surpass meggsy as the preferred partner to neil

scottmac

Suspended
North is looking good but i don't reckon he will surpass meggsy just yet. When Neill is back i would like to see all three there with North on the right side?? I reckon this will be a good partnership at the back and once Heff gets back to full fitness have him on the left. (for a back four only) Im not impressed with Carney at the back and reckon he should play further up the field

Jesus

Jesus
I have not been too impressed with carney the last couple of games. Chippers would slot straight back in if available

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred