• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

WC 2010 squad

scottmac

Suspended
serious14 said:
I meant in the context of the Australian squad.  :)

He has played as striker for the Aussies in the last 5 years and if you listen to him, he prefers to play up there. By himself i'm not sure but thats Pimbo's call. I don't agree with it but i understand it.

Harsulas_SFC

serious14 said:
Kewell hasn't been used as a striker in over 5 years, why are we starting to call him one now??

At least twice in this qualifying campaign, thuogh I can't quite remember which games.  Was he up front for Iraq in Brisbane?  At least 1 away game as well.

midfielder

Just in from a fooking very very hard day... been at it six 6:00 ........ FOOOOOOOOOKKKKKk... so just felt like writing this and this seemed the best thread to post in in...

The time has come for all logic to go out the window

Pim is not the worst coach in the WC and in many ways has been astute and in other ways poor so it is mixed

BUT THIS IS THE WC LETS GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND EVERYONE ME INCLUDED FORGET THEIR PERSONAL BIASES AND SUPPORT OUR NATIONAL TEAM LET US CEREBRATE THE WC DRINK IN WHAT IT IS PIM IS PART OF IT AS IS HARRY LEAVE THE ANALYSIS IS FOR AFTER THE WC

Let us remember that Hal 6 starts next year within 6 years we have made two world cups have built a local domestic league with 12 teams we have a 10 team W -League we play in Asia and the Asian Cupthe Girls are doing us proud

Lets cerebrate our achievements we are going to the greatest sporting event in the sporting world ..OK not the best coach but are we able to get over the fact he is not and who ever said he was (and remember Guss did not get Russia tho)

Come on Aussie no logic ALL passion ALL hope based on nothing else other than one handed typing and belief in Harry, Lucas and some of the young ones we will beat Germany

From the dug out

I agree midfielder for us to experience 2 campaigns (in our life time, some of us 3) is something other countries can/could only dream about let alone their supporters and players e.g. Mr Giggs, Mr Keane, RIP Mr Best, even our very own Mr Johnson.

C'mon u OSSIES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jifxLskrB4&feature=player_embedded

My boys sign this all day at home...

hasbeen

midfielder said:
Just in from a fooking very very hard day... been at it six 6:00 ........ FOOOOOOOOOKKKKKk... so just felt like writing this and this seemed the best thread to post in in...

The time has come for all logic to go out the window…

Pim is not the worst coach in the WC …and in many ways has been astute and in other ways poor … so it is mixed …

BUT THIS IS THE WC LETS GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND EVERYONE ME INCLUDED FORGET THEIR PERSONAL BIASES AND SUPPORT OUR NATIONAL TEAM… LET US CEREBRATE THE WC… DRINK IN WHAT IT IS… PIM IS PART OF IT AS IS HARRY …LEAVE THE ANALYSIS IS FOR AFTER THE WC…

Let us remember that Hal 6 starts next year … within 6 years we have made two world cups … have built a local domestic league with 12 teams… we have a 10 team W -League… we play in Asia and the Asian Cup…the Girls are doing us proud…

Lets cerebrate our achievements we are going to the greatest sporting event in the sporting world ..OK not the best coach… but are we able to get over the fact he is not and who ever said he was (and remember Guss did not get Russia tho)

Come on Aussie … no logic … ALL passion … ALL hope … based on nothing else other than one handed typing and belief in Harry, Lucas and some of the young ones… we will beat Germany …

No we won't.

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
midfielder said:

The time has come for all logic to go out the window

Pim is not the worst coach in the WC and in many ways has been astute and in other ways poor so it is mixed

BUT THIS IS THE WC LETS GET BEHIND THE TEAM AND EVERYONE ME INCLUDED FORGET THEIR PERSONAL BIASES AND SUPPORT OUR NATIONAL TEAM LET US CEREBRATE THE WC DRINK IN WHAT IT IS PIM IS PART OF IT AS IS HARRY LEAVE THE ANALYSIS IS FOR AFTER THE WC

Let us remember that Hal 6 starts next year within 6 years we have made two world cups have built a local domestic league with 12 teams we have a 10 team W -League we play in Asia and the Asian Cupthe Girls are doing us proud

Lets cerebrate our achievements we are going to the greatest sporting event in the sporting world ..OK not the best coach but are we able to get over the fact he is not and who ever said he was (and remember Guss did not get Russia tho)

Come on Aussie no logic ALL passion ALL hope based on nothing else other than one handed typing and belief in Harry, Lucas and some of the young ones we will beat Germany

Good post midfielder, we might have a chance of beating Germany given an ounce of luck and some decent refereeing. I hope Tommy Oar gets a go in that game. He could be the spark that lights the fire (as did Timmy Cahill four years ago).

dibo

I'll sooner put a gun in my mouth than simply ignore for pure optimism's sake what I think of the prospects for a weak squad led by an overly cautious, tactically inflexible manager.

We won't make it out of the first round, and I won't just blame Pim, there's more to it than that (i.e. the available players aren't really much chop compared to last time). I'll hope for better but I won't delude myself enough to expect it.

This won't stop me thinking during each 90 minutes that surely we're about to win it now, etc. (I'm a football fan still, not a calculator) but there is a time for dispassionate analysis and that time is now. Better now than when you're in your third week of desperate mourning because we've just had our arses deservedly handed to us in SA and all our grandiose hopes are dashed.

dibo

I'm a really cheerful guy, you should meet me. I'll post a pic of me taken recently:

mr-grumpy.jpg

curious

Jazzie said:
Good post midfielder, we might have a chance of beating Germany given an ounce of luck and some decent refereeing. I hope Tommy Oar gets a go in that game. He could be the spark that lights the fire (as did Timmy Cahill four years ago).

An 18yr old inexperienced kid with the enormous portfolio of 26 appearances in the aleague, making an impact against 3 times WC and European championship winners, Germany, in the WC, in my opinion is like asking a teenage amateur bantamweight to go 12 rounds with Manny Pacquiao.  I'd think our expectations of Oar along with many others is unrealistic and unfair to them.

Jazzie

curious said:
Jazzie said:

An 18yr old inexperienced kid with the enormous portfolio of 26 appearances in the aleague, making an impact against 3 times WC and European championship winners, Germany, in the WC, in my opinion is like asking a teenage amateur bantamweight to go 12 rounds with Manny Pacquiao.  I'd think our expectations of Oar along with many others is unrealistic and unfair to them.
curious, your derision and sarcasm under whelms me. My comment was meant to inject a bit of optimism into the thread. Unless you have a direct line to the big guy upstairs, no one really knows how the team will fare. You may be amazed, or I might be disappointed. Either way, I'm going to enjoy the wonderful ride of the WC. Seems to be a lot of Mr Grumpies on this thread.

serious14

I'm forever the eternal optimist when it comes to the Socceroos.... and I'd like to think that somehow we'll stumble across the line into the Round of 16 - it's not the Germany game that has me worried though (I honestly think that will be a matter of damage limitation, and that Pim will play for 0-0 from the kickoff), it's the Serbia game. 

Milo Krasić is one of the most freakishly talented wingers I've seen in the last few years outside of Cronaldo, and I fear that with their insanely hard-nut defence and Krasić tearing our left flank a new one, combined with the pressure of possibly needing to win to progress, we might just crash out in not so glorious circumstances.

Basically, if we lose to Germany and don't beat Ghana, it's most likely all over.  :(  A draw against Germany could be critically important.

Jazzie

Agree, ... would just like the team to play out of their skins. If they bow out of the first round, and have played well, I wont be unhappy. If they play crap football, I'll be sp*wing.

I read somewhere ...

"Sometimes winning a football match does not require the genius of Lionel Messi but the simple determination not to leave a loser"

curious

Jazzie said:
curious said:
Jazzie said:

curious, your derision and sarcasm under whelms me. My comment was meant to inject a bit of optimism into the thread. Unless you have a direct line to the big guy upstairs, no one really knows how the team will fare. You may be amazed, or I might be disappointed. Either way, I'm going to enjoy the wonderful ride of the WC. Seems to be a lot of Mr Grumpies on this thread.

Derision? And I sir, was trying to inject a bit of common sense into the thread regarding ridiculous expectations on a kid, not trying to be an arse. However,  I suppose Manny Pacquiao could slip and break is neck on the way to ring, so who knows?  Now, that's sarcasm!

The imaginary man upstairs  and me?  :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh: :piralaugh:  You dream away and I'll be grumpy, okie?  Now, that's a sprinkle of derision with a pinch of arse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred