• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Usain Bolt!

Kalvin

Wow are you guys serious??? Any football code/ team in the country (some could say the world) would be frothing at this opportunity!

In terms of cost...

Yep if we fork out some $$ for his trial so what? The publicity for the club & its sponsors is priceless & almost pays for itself!

If he actually signs then the majority of the wage should be covered by ffa marquee allowance & sponsors (although rumour is the ffa may not have many $$ left if they fund Honda to victory - which would be a joke in itself).

Hey maybe we can even get a sell on fee after a year and make some $$ for the club?!

In terms of play..

Some of you say that he is taking up a valuable spot in our roster etc... c'mon seriously we are barely filling the roster as it stands with guys of npl standard...

Some say he is fast but has minimal skills... to that i say is there much difference to austin, buhagiar or appiah?!?! They seemed all go on to "bigger things/ contracts "

We have to be realists MC wasn't going to spend $$ on proper footballers but maybe the spend here will do the club good in the long run through sponsorship, bums on seats, publicity and marketing - maybe even the sell on fee... its not like we are a club going from strength to strength so why not... can't get much worse than the spoon again?!

I for one am going to sit on the positivity bandwagon with this one & goodluck to all parties involved - only really upside IMO!

mick

When players had to fight to be apart of our club, someone mentioned earlier this whole Bolt thing is no worse than victory signing Athieu.... Kenny earnt his pro contract with hard worth and consistent goals in a solid NPL comp.
Clearly not all NPL trialists work out, we especially know that, but they’ve earnt their trial chances at the very least.

Bolt could potentially be taking a spot that one of our hard working academy boys has been grinding for and deserving of..

I know I’m being extremely negative about this whole circus and it could not at all come to fruition. And I do understand those who want our club to have exposure and quick cash. But f**k me, am I only the one that wants our proud club to be a proper football club again?

No wonder there are so many more aleague/ccm snobs on the coast, I’m starting to see why they’re the way they are.
I think you may be underestimating Bolts desire to be a professional footballer. You don't achieve what he has achieved in sport without a lot of hard work and drive. The a league as a whole desperately needs a big personality and an injection of excitement we can't have another year like last year and expect to survive not just as a club but the whole league.

MagpieMariner

Remember the crowds that came to see ADP? They were football people who knew him/knew of him. I'd never heard of him before he came here.
Would there be anybody in or especially out of football who hasn't heard of UB? Very few I'd say. Today I've seen more news articles about UB & the Mariners than I've seen on any one day before. Because of the possibility of Bolt coming here just to trial, we are now known world-wide. That's gotta be a plus: maybe some money man would have an interest in buying the club sparked; maybe some hot-shot player would get an interest to come to us even at the miniscule money we would be able to pay; who knows what could come of just announcing that he MIGHT trial with us. I for one will be very happy to go see him just training.
Let's not put him down either, he's been a super athlete for a lot of years and his determination and work ethic to get there and stay there must have been enormous. If he's putting in that same determination and work to be a pro footballer, you'd be very brave to say he couldn't do it. After all it's not as if he's never played the game.
I'm sure Dortmund and the other clubs for whom he's trialled never really thought he'd be good enough at their level. So why trial him? Publicity of course. Just like us.

Rowdy

Now THIS ⬇ is fcukn ridiculous ....

Record '9.58' could be Bolt's A-League shirt number:

958jersey.jpg

Central Coast Mariners are considering asking FFA for permission for Usain Bolt to wear a shirt with the iconic number ‘9.58’ on the back, if he’s successful in winning an A-League contract.

That’s the time it took the Jamaican sprint king to cover 100m in setting the world record back in 2009 at the World Championships in Berlin.

Whether it would be permissible or not under FFA rules - and the answer is likely not - it provides an indication at the level of confidence owner Mike Charlesworth has in the 31-year-old would-be footballer proving more than simply a publicity magnet during in six-week trial in Gosford.

However CEO Shaun Mielekamp put some perspective on the plan when he said: “We’re nowhere near that. I don’t think it would be approved but ’m not even in that position.

“We’ve got to make sure he gets here for the trial first. There is still a fair bit to do.

“Were hoping to complete the negotiation components within the next week and a bit and hope to have him here by August.”

jersey.jpg

Bolt wore the same number in a charity match for Unicef last month in London, where he skippered a Soccer Aid World XI, co-coached by Eric Cantona and Harry Redknapp, and featuring Robbie Williams, Kevin Pietersen and Yaya Toure.

16x9_small.jpg

Charlesworth believes that under Mike Phelan, the former Manchester United assistant coach who has taken over as Mariners sporting director, Bolt can make the quantum leaps which could earn him a deal.

Those sentiments are backed up by Mielekamp, who revealed that initial talks were held with Bolt and his management five months ago and the club had already closely studied scouting reports from Borussia Dortmund and Norway’s Stromsgodset - teams he has trialed and trained with in the recent past.

“From where they first got him to where they finished with him, he showed dramatic improvements,” Mielekamp said.

“So when we get him for six weeks we’re hoping to see a similar level of improvement under (coach) Mike Mulvey and Mike Phelan.

“Then a decision will be made whether he is up to standard.”

The approach for Bolt - which would need at least partial financial backing from FFA were it to progress to the contract stage - is already being ridiculed by football purists on social media.

Mielekamp admitted: “He has to be good enough otherwise it turns into a bit of a laughing stock.”

It’s understood that Sydney-based player agent Tony Rallis, the driving force behind the venture, offered Bolt to all the A-League clubs, with only the Mariners opting to take the plunge into the unknown.

“The most engaging part of this has been the determination of Usain himself,” added Mielekamp.
“He’s very passionate about it and he backs himself. His management group is very supportive of him and they are very confident that he will pass the trial.

“They’ve had a good look at the A-League and they really feel that it’s the right level for Usain. If it came to a contract we would need FFA support.

“But they are as intrigued as we are right now to see how things go with the trial.”

Answering those who have depicted Bolt’s latest escapade as the Big Top coming to town, Mielekamp said: “It’s not a circus if he comes and trials and fails because we’ll give him good feedback.

“For it to work he has to play and help us win games and score goals. It could turn into something exciting.

“It’s important for him and the club that it’s a perfect fit. If it’s not then that’s ok. Nobody is going to kill us for having a look at an opportunity.”

One UK-based agent, who has been following Bolt’s post-athletics life, took a more cynical view, saying: “It’s like Dwight Yorke without the football.”

Last edited:

pjennings

Usain Bolt Spotted At Kincumber Maccas With His New 93 Toyota Hilux Flat Tray

usain.jpg

CLANCY OVERELL

Tuesday’s announcement that Usain Bolt will be joining the A-League has been met with excitement from north of Sydney to south of Lake Macquarie – as the world’s fastest man confirms he has signed with the Central Coast Mariners.

Bolt had long expressed a desire to play professional football, but has not been able to make that dream come true, after trialling with German club Borussia Dortmund and Stromsgodset in Norway – but finding himself unable to secure a contract at either.

It appears Bolt has already spent time getting to know the unique people and culture of Central Coast New South Wales, after being spotted with his a new hotted up LowLux in the Kincumber Maccas car park, just 11 kilometres South-West of the region’s capital, Gosford.

The Central Coast-style Lowlux is believed to have been complimentary with his Central Coast Mariners contract, and comes with a UNIT flat brim as well as a year’s supply of Monster energy drinks.

Speaking to the Betoota Advocate today, Bolt says he has been enjoying snapping the Lowlux into third while coming down the the Pacific Motorway’s Gosford exit near Kariong.

“I also enjoy the Bliss n Eso CDs they left in the car, mon” he said.

“I have also developed an addiction to the pokies at the RSL near the club. People say I’m fitting in well”

However, despite the many perks and flexibility of his lucrative new five-figure A-league contract, Usain Bolt has reportedly been warned to not behave like a charismatic Jamaican man in front of female sports reporters, or risk having the Sydney Morning Herald publish lies about him.

“Don’t blush, mate” he says to Betoota Advocate’s Errol Parker, before cutting a few hoops in the car park and fanging it back into town for training.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/bre...accas-with-his-new-93-toyota-hilux-flat-tray/

Rowdy

One UK-based agent, who has been following Bolt’s post-athletics life, took a more cynical view, saying: “It’s like Dwight Yorke without the football.”

Without the Football ??

- So Bolt will come with:
• Cocaine
• Women
• their removed dresses
• a Video Camera
• oh ....& his mate Mark Bosnich !

bozza.jpg

Yes .... thats Yorke in the dress on the left.

Last edited:

Gratis

usain.jpg

CLANCY OVERELL

Tuesday’s announcement that Usain Bolt will be joining the A-League has been met with excitement from north of Sydney to south of Lake Macquarie – as the world’s fastest man confirms he has signed with the Central Coast Mariners.

Bolt had long expressed a desire to play professional football, but has not been able to make that dream come true, after trialling with German club Borussia Dortmund and Stromsgodset in Norway – but finding himself unable to secure a contract at either.

It appears Bolt has already spent time getting to know the unique people and culture of Central Coast New South Wales, after being spotted with his a new hotted up LowLux in the Kincumber Maccas car park, just 11 kilometres South-West of the region’s capital, Gosford.

The Central Coast-style Lowlux is believed to have been complimentary with his Central Coast Mariners contract, and comes with a UNIT flat brim as well as a year’s supply of Monster energy drinks.

Speaking to the Betoota Advocate today, Bolt says he has been enjoying snapping the Lowlux into third while coming down the the Pacific Motorway’s Gosford exit near Kariong.

“I have also developed an addiction to the pokies at the RSL near the club. People say I’m fitting in well”

However, despite the many perks and flexibility of his lucrative new five-figure A-league contract, Usain Bolt has reportedly been warned to not behave like a charismatic Jamaican man in front of female sports reporters, or risk having the Sydney Morning Herald publish lies about him.

“Don’t blush, mate” he says to Betoota Advocate’s Errol Parker, before cutting a few hoops in the car park and fanging it back into town for training.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/bre...accas-with-his-new-93-toyota-hilux-flat-tray/
Oh dear...

Forum Phoenix

Everyone I know, actually knew something about the Mariners for once without me needing to tell them today. And all the non football plebs are excited.

Club have said everything you could reasonably expect... won't take him if he's not up to par. And if he's not, I trust in MM's and Sean's integrity not to sign him. So why complain?

Speaking of which... people constantly complain about MC putting more money in so we can get better players, ok, we all want that... and if the football box can be ticked with Bolt and this deal comes together, it WILL obviously bring in money. Gate alone will make a huge difference to our bottom line. The kind of difference that would enable us to pay to have a squad of "proper footballers" for a couple of seasons and break the cycle of money balling.

Ok Simon Hill and others may well be right. Vital pattern recognition and experience is missing and that made me a serious skeptic upon first reading the news, (and genuinely thinking it was taking the piss) but Bolt is a very special athlete with an incredible tenacity and mentality. He's not stupid, he doesn't want to be made a fool, just running around trialling like he is is risky for him, so he obviously very badly wants this, and this is a player for whom it's not about the money but the genuine love of football and realising his other childhood dream? That's a rare commodity. And boy would it be something special to watch Bolt prove them all wrong.

And I'm more than happy to leave the rubbish wooden spooning Mariners narrative we were going to have all our press focused on for a while. And why not forget the CCCircusM predictions for a moment and take another possibility for a spin around the track...

Just imagine Usain trials and Mike and Monty come out and say he's genuinely earnt a contract?

World is going crazy. Coast is on fire.

First home game stadium will have the biggest crowd we've had at Bluey since forever. That alone would be so damn good to see.

Now imagine he gets his first minutes.

World is going crazy.

Nets his first goal?

It will go mental.

Bolt scores 6+ goals over the season and is considered a success?

Seems insane to us perhaps... But that's exactly what Bolt hopes and believes he's capable of doing, and the club is hoping he just may be able to and is willing to take a look.

If that's what played out, it would be the kind of thing that could change our fortunes as a club forever.

So for now I think I'll take a little sunshine with my 4 odd years of cloud.

Last edited:

Fadetoblack944

It would be a good for bums on seats and hopefully it works out, would be a good cash injection into the club too if the club gets its way (FFA covering some of the wages)

Scotty

Everyone I know, actually knew something about the Mariners for once without me needing to tell them today. And all the non football plebs are excited.

Club have said everything you could reasonably expect... won't take him if he's not up to par. And if he's not, I trust in MM's and Sean's integrity not to sign him. So why complain?

Speaking of which... people constantly complain about MC putting more money in so we can get better players, ok, we all want that... and if the football box can be ticked with Bolt and this deal comes together, it WILL obviously bring in money. Gate alone will make a huge difference to our bottom line. The kind of difference that would enable us pay to have a squad of "proper footballers" for a couple of seasons and break the cycle of money balling.

Ok Simon Hill and others may well be right. Vital pattern recognition and experience is missing and that made me a serious skeptic upon first reading the news, (and genuinely thinking it was taking the piss) but Bolt is a very special athlete with an incredible tenacity and mentality. He's not stupid, he doesn't want to be made a fool, just running around trialling like he is is risky for him, so he obviously very badly wants this, and this is a player for whom it's not about the money but the genuine love of football and realising his other childhood dream? That's a rare commodity. And boy would it be something special to watch Bolt prove them all wrong.

And I'm more than happy to leave the rubbish wooden spooning Mariners narrative we were going to have all our press focused on for a while. And why not forget the CCCircusM predictions for a moment and take another possibility for a spin around the track...

Just imagine Usain trials and Mike and Monty come out and say he's genuinely earnt a contract?

First home game stadium will have the biggest crowd we've had at Bluey since forever. That alone would be so damn good to see.

World is going crazy.

Nets his first goal?

It will go mental.

Seems insane to us perhaps... But that's exactly what Bolt hopes and believes he's capable of doing, and the club is hoping he just may be able to and is willing to take a look.

If that's what played out, it would be the kind of thing that could change our fortunes as a club forever.

Brilliant post.
It could pan out that way. I hope it does.

Scotty

I woke up this morning, thinking if this really happens, how will it affect our game when Bolt is on the pitch?

It's going to route 1 option all the way, right? Kennedy's distribution has never been very good, can he pick Bolt out and send him on his way? Perhaps Golec is the man for the long pass?

Perhaps Bolt might be a good distraction with defenders sitting back covering him, meanwhile Matty or Gameiro get space unmarked.

I can see Bolt being one of the most fouled players in the league. Can his body withstand being tripped or pulled back when gathering up speed?

Insertnamehere

usain.jpg

CLANCY OVERELL

Ahhhhhh betoota. Always a chuckle

Insertnamehere

I woke up this morning, thinking if this really happens, how will it affect our game when Bolt is on the pitch?

It's going to route 1 option all the way, right? Kennedy's distribution has never been very good, can he pick Bolt out and send him on his way? Perhaps Golec is the man for the long pass?

Perhaps Bolt might be a good distraction with defenders sitting back covering him, meanwhile Matty or Gameiro get space unmarked.

I can see Bolt being one of the most fouled players in the league. Can his body withstand being tripped or pulled back when gathering up speed?
Shouldn't be. If you watched some of the games they still play real football. He just plays like a target man to move the centre halves around.
Admittedly those teams had players that could play real football

nebakke

Speaking of which... people constantly complain about MC putting more money in so we can get better players, ok, we all want that... and if the football box can be ticked with Bolt and this deal comes together, it WILL obviously bring in money. Gate alone will make a huge difference to our bottom line. The kind of difference that would enable us pay to have a squad of "proper footballers" for a couple of seasons and break the cycle of money balling.

World is going crazy.

Nets his first goal?

It will go mental.

I have to admit - the conversation that I've had with non-A-League fans just this morning, have been curious and relatively positive too. Very few people making fun of the club, most just interested, fascinated and excited at the prospect... So it seems to be working in relation to the ones that aren't currently stalwarts.

Reactions: adz

nebakke

Also might stop Slater murmuring about who is the fastest player in the league, so there's that too ;)

Offsider

If Nissan can sponsor City in the Hyundai A-League, I don't see why Optus can't sponsor us.

They could .......... but would they.???
As stated before, telstra have the foot in the door and the app release. Sponsors do not go head to head in a closed market of two .......... not like cars where there are thirty or so.
Like coles lost to woolworths in their retail price war............... you getting the picture ????
:doh::doh::doh:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred